The Official December 2009 Car Rental Thread

It is for a full size. I know tha 317 is not bad for the week. I was just hoping for something lower. I really want a SUV or Mini Van, but I am not so hopeful I will find one.

It is for a full size. I know tha 317 is not bad for the week. I was just hoping for something lower. I really want a SUV or Mini Van, but I am not so hopeful I will find one.
I just punched in the Avis code K199060 and I get $253 (all taxes) for a Full Size car for Christmas week.

I just punched in the Avis code K199060 and I get $253 (all taxes) for a Full Size car for Christmas week.

Thanks...I actually need it for 9 days we are going to WPB as well. I appreciate your help. It is very kind of you. I used the code and got the same as Alamo.

Thanks...I actually need it for 9 days we are going to WPB as well. I appreciate your help. It is very kind of you. I used the code and got the same as Alamo.
Oh! That makes sense then. You mentioned "week" and I assumed 7 days and not 9 days. Those extra days are always pretty expensive! Good luck :).

Yep! I panicked last nite also when I first saw rates. So far, I booked AVIS Intermediate using AWD06000 (40% off directly thru AVIS online offer) & I used a Mousesaver cpn code for a free day (but may change that to the $35 off). Our rate for 8 days late Oct-early Nov is $193 (before all those horrible taxes/fees). But our pick-up/drop-off is Tampa (got a decent airfare PHL-TPA...too late booking for Orlando :headache:)
btw...this rate is $10 lower than Int rate using K199060 but only for Int. class...sub-compact & compact are LOWER using K199060 !
Go figure!:confused3

thanks again for all the GREAT help I always find here:flower3:

I also need to drop mine off at Tampa airport, but I want to pick something up when I finish the disney part of my stay. I have to figure out how it will work out where to pick-up.

Alamo/National is not in-terminal for Tampa and that drives me crazy to take a shuttle. I wonder if the other companies will pick you up from Disney property? Has anyone else had experience?

I'm hoping on a good deal since it is a weekend. *crossing fingers*

I also need to drop mine off at Tampa airport, but I want to pick something up when I finish the disney part of my stay. I have to figure out how it will work out where to pick-up.

Alamo/National is not in-terminal for Tampa and that drives me crazy to take a shuttle. I wonder if the other companies will pick you up from Disney property? Has anyone else had experience?

I'm hoping on a good deal since it is a weekend. *crossing fingers*
Some companies now have drop off fees, even in Florida. FWIW, the shuttle to/from the Tampa airport is not that big of a deal. Oh ... and you won't get a weekend rate as you don't have a Saturday night keep. Sorry :(. It might be cheaper for you to book a car for a whole week v/s 3 individual days.

Some companies now have drop off fees, even in Florida. FWIW, the shuttle to/from the Tampa airport is not that big of a deal. Oh ... and you won't get a weekend rate as you don't have a Saturday night keep. Sorry :(. It might be cheaper for you to book a car for a whole week v/s 3 individual days.

I think it was Dollar who has a $25 fee for dropping off at a different location. Argh.

Yes, i have a Saturday night; I would need a car from Thursday to Sunday.

I think it was Dollar who has a $25 fee for dropping off at a different location. Argh.

Yes, i have a Saturday night; I would need a car from Thursday to Sunday.
Opps! I thought you were returning on a Saturday. I would keep my eyes peeled for special weekend rates, or maybe a free weekend day coupon.

We have decided to take ME to AKV since we arrive late Sat night. Sun we do not need a car, so I changed our rental to a week and here is what I came up with:

Dollar-Regal Sun
12/21-12/28
MiniVan grand total 282.71 :cool1::cool1:

I used the Bj's wholesale club code!!

These are decent rates from Dollar. Need Orlando Magicard which you just sign up for (see previous posts for Thrifty with the same promo card). Use code: oi1054. I am not sure if Dollar is in MCO terminal????

Car Type Description Base Rate*
U.S. Dollar (USD) Select

Economy
Details Chevrolet Aveo
(or similar) $131.00 / week
$183.00 total*

Compact
Details Dodge Caliber
(or similar) $137.00 / week
$191.00 total* Lock Low & Go

Details Mid-size car or Larger
(We Pick The Car!) $273.47 / week
$360.85 total*

Mid-size
Details Chrysler Sebring
(or similar) $160.00 / week
$224.00 total*

Full-size
Details Dodge Charger
(or similar) $204.00 / week
$286.00 total*

Premium
Details Chrysler 300
(or similar) $222.00 / week
$310.00 total*

Luxury
Details Chrysler 300 Touring
(or similar) $257.00 / week
$359.00 total*

Mid-size SUV
SUV
Details Jeep Liberty
(or similar) $274.00 / week
$384.00 total*

Standard SUV
SUV
Details Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
(or similar) $336.00 / week
$470.00 total*

Premium SUV
SUV
Details Dodge Durango
(or similar) $285.00 / week
$399.00 total*

Minivan
Van
Details Dodge Caravan
(or similar) $239.00 / week
$335.00 total*

Mid-size Van
Van
Details Dodge Caravan
(or similar) $239.00 / week
$335.00 total*

Standard Van
Van Details
Ford E-350
(or similar) $302.00 / week
$422.00 total*

Full-size Van
Van
Details Ford E-350
(or similar) $325.00 / week
$483.00 total*

Yes, Dollar is in MCO terminal and this is one of the few car companies that has a drop-off fee for using a different terminal. :rolleyes:

Having the same problems from here in the U.K. finding good rates!

Just got a quote (best so far) from a company called carhire300 - quoting me £385 (@ $635) for an intermediate SUV - Jeep Liberty or similar for 15 x days - 12/12 through to 12/27.

Asking for a non-refundable deposit of £35 ($57) to secure the booking so I think I might just go for it.

Milly

Yes, Dollar is in MCO terminal and this is one of the few car companies that has a drop-off fee for using a different terminal. :rolleyes:

I have a car booked to pick up at regal sun (dollar) and drop off at MCO and there is no drop off fee.

I have a car booked to pick up at regal sun (dollar) and drop off at MCO and there is no drop off fee.

I saw that there is no fee there and I was considering that if I was staying on-site. I'm now staying off-site, so it doesn't work for me. Shucks!

The drop off fees seems to be different airport locations.

Is this code good for anyone?

The rates still seem to high to me for my December trip (11 days). I currently have just 4-5 days booked from National at the Dolphin and will use ME to get to my resort. However, I will keep watching since I would prefer to have the car for the entire time.

Is this code good for anyone?

The rates still seem to high to me for my December trip (11 days). I currently have just 4-5 days booked from National at the Dolphin and will use ME to get to my resort. However, I will keep watching since I would prefer to have the car for the entire time.

I just used that code with Avis and was quoted $319.92 for a subcompact for November 30-December 10. Sure hope I can find something better but it's $120 less than Alamo so maybe I shouldn't complain! :sad2:

I just used that code with Avis and was quoted $319.92 for a subcompact for November 30-December 10. Sure hope I can find something better but it's $120 less than Alamo so maybe I shouldn't complain! :sad2:

Did that price include the taxes, fees, etc?

Yes, all inclusive. Do you think it's a good rate?

Based on what I have been seeing with fees and taxes, yes that is a good rate. I was pricing out a Large car, but the prices that I was getting was $450 to $750 depending upon the rental company using all the discount codes that I could find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter