*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

Another closure for us late August people. :sad1:
It's a Small World - Aug. 22 til Mid Sept.
Posted on wdwmagic.
Thanks for posting. At least we are there Aug 18-Sept 2, so hopefully we can get on it before the closure. Still sad about BTMRR (kids love that ride) and Dinosaur (I don't know why I love it... maybe it's the anticipation of the huge dinosaur that always scares me, even though I know it's coming lol).

BTW: Disneylover99, I love the 'We The North' image :-)

Thanks for posting. At least we are there Aug 18-Sept 2, so hopefully we can get on it before the closure. Still sad about BTMRR (kids love that ride) and Dinosaur (I don't know why I love it... maybe it's the anticipation of the huge dinosaur that always scares me, even though I know it's coming lol).

BTW: Disneylover99, I love the 'We The North' image :-)

I think I'm just going to have to cave and get park hoppers. Our first MK day is supposed to be Aug. 23rd, but I could pop over on an earlier date and ride if I really want to.

I think I'm just going to have to cave and get park hoppers. Our first MK day is supposed to be Aug. 23rd, but I could pop over on an earlier date and ride if I really want to.
I thought you were there earlier than us, but maybe that's your Universal portion? We are doing MK as much as possible our first four days as we are at Contemporary and want to take advantage of walking to MK (never have been able to do this before!). We already had to get hoppers for the FD BB offer - we've never had hoppers before, so they are new to us.

I thought you were there earlier than us, but maybe that's your Universal portion? We are doing MK as much as possible our first four days as we are at Contemporary and want to take advantage of walking to MK (never have been able to do this before!). We already had to get hoppers for the FD BB offer - we've never had hoppers before, so they are new to us.
We are starting at Universal but heading to the Poly on Aug. 17th for three nights. But we weren't planning on using any park tickets at the Poly. I know. Crazy right? :crazy: THen we head to Coronado for two weeks, so, I'll need my 10 day tickets for that portion of my trip. Plus, we are getting waterpark tickets (for the first time) instead of hoppers.

Our favourite place to hop is between Epcot and HS.

Anyone interested in sharing an Illuminations cruise on August 6?
We are part of a group (2 families) who booked the cruise and have three open seats (= there are already seven of us). Just PM me if you are interested.

Cruise leaves from Yacht Club and is $372 for 10 people (will be equally divided between the people joining). Included, apart from the fireworks views are sodas and chips.

We need a date change, too! We're still on for POR August 7-13, but have cancelled our GF stay that was scheduled for the 13th-19th.

Oldest has to return to college on the 14th! Boo

I think after the reviews I am cancelling my nighttime AK and the JB Package. My DD's watched it on line and had no interest, they were all excited until they watched it, they are 17 and 22. FAST Pass window opens in a little over a day...always stressed until it is done.

Can you pleas add us to the list? August 13-24, split stay. Poly club level August 13-19, Beach Club club level August 19-24. Can't wait!! My family has never stayed at the Poly before,only at the Beach Club. Counting the days...

Hey guys. Sorry I have been away. We moved into our new house and I lost my mother 3 weeks ago. She had severe COPD. I'm an only child, and it's been really hard. I'm 39 and have no parents.

Our trip is still moving forward, August 5-8th staying at Shades of Green.

Hey guys. Sorry I have been away. We moved into our new house and I lost my mother 3 weeks ago. She had severe COPD. I'm an only child, and it's been really hard. I'm 39 and have no parents.

I'm sorry for your loss...you aren't alone. I'm 38 and both my parents are gone since I was 21. I'm glad you are going ahead with your trip. Hope you have a magical time !

Tomorrow is my FastPass day and I'm nervous. Now that I have children it seems so much important to get those special ones. My must haves are going to be FEA and I'm going to try to Jungle Book so I can drop my dining package. Good luck to everyone as your dates begin.

I'm so sorry for your loss I just lost a parent not that long ago. I am how ever glad you're still going ahead with your trip. See ya in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter