***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

OOPS MADE A MISTAKE:
Info I require is for Savannah View VALUE STUDIO

NOT SAVANNAH VIEW STUDIO-(I dont have enough points next year for this room)

I'll have to book a VALUE STUDIO and thats why I want to know if any of them are Savannah View and if so, where they are etc etc

Many Thanks

Lam

FYI if you book a VALUE room it could be pool, parking lot or savannah view. My understanding is

40% pool view
40% savanah
20% parking lot

That is for the value category. I am not sure the % for only studios.

Denise in MI

Are there any plans to put a good CS into Kidani? Wasn't a big deal when we stayed but having the option would make the resort complete for me!

Anybody used the Gym at Kidani? Didn't check it out on the last trip is it any good?

Anybody used the Gym at Kidani? Didn't check it out on the last trip is it any good?

I've walked by it a few times but never walked in. It looks beautiful to say the least. The treadmills & stair climbers are set up so you look down toward the pool play area below. The building is divided so the workout area is in one half with an open air hallway in the middle separating it from the changing room & shower area. The lockers are out in this hallway too.

I've walked by it a few times but never walked in. It looks beautiful to say the least. The treadmills & stair climbers are set up so you look down toward the pool play area below. The building is divided so the workout area is in one half with an open air hallway in the middle separating it from the changing room & shower area. The lockers are out in this hallway too.

There's a gym? I totally missed that. Where is it located? I'll have to remember to check it out next time. :thumbsup2

There's a gym? I totally missed that. Where is it located? I'll have to remember to check it out next time. :thumbsup2

The gym is at the 'top' of the Kidani pool area. If you're headed down to the pool from the lobby it's just before the gates to the pool. It's a building standing off all to itself.

Does anyone know if WiFi is available in Jambo's lobby? I know they have it at BC as I saw many people using laptops there, but not sure if all the resorts have it yet. Finally getting to stay at my home for the 1st time in Aug.! :yay:

This past Friday we stayed at BCV and it was a non-park day for the DGC and we were babysitting:goodvibesWe took them over to Jambo where they enjoyed the animal viewing. I was so glad to see red river hogs on the Jambo side. I think they are so cute to watch as they run! It was a perfect way to entertain the kids. I just told the guard at the gate that we wanted to show the animals to the DGC and he smiled and said that was an excellent idea!

I love AKV, and whether we stay there or not, we almost always visit it! Our next stay is in September and is there, at Jambo!

Bobbi:goodvibes

This past Friday we stayed at BCV and it was a non-park day for the DGC and we were babysitting:goodvibesWe took them over to Jambo where they enjoyed the animal viewing. I was so glad to see red river hogs on the Jambo side. I think they are so cute to watch as they run! It was a perfect way to entertain the kids. I just told the guard at the gate that we wanted to show the animals to the DGC and he smiled and said that was an excellent idea!

I love AKV, and whether we stay there or not, we almost always visit it! Our next stay is in September and is there, at Jambo!

Great idea! We love Jambo and Kidani. It's so peaceful and beautiful and there's so much to see and do.

I was wondering if there was an AKV Owners thread!

We just became AKV Owners on 5/31. Our first DVC stay will be in Sept/Oct (Unfortunately, AKV was not available) We will definitely be staying there next year at some point as we are planning 2 trips next year.

Happy to be part of the Owners Group and can't wait to stay at our new "home" :)

We just became AKV Owners on 5/31. Our first DVC stay will be in Sept/Oct (Unfortunately, AKV was not available) We will definitely be staying there next year at some point as we are planning 2 trips next year.

Happy to be part of the Owners Group and can't wait to stay at our new "home" :)

Welcome home! :cool1: I hope you love AKV as much as I do, it is my most favorite resort! We're heading to HHI in August for a few days and DL in October for a week so I'm missing AKV this year :guilty:

Where are you staying in Sept/Oct?

We became AKV owners in March.:goodvibes

Our first trip home is next month :banana: :cool1: :banana:

We were lucky enough to get a split stay Kidani for a week and BLT for a week. I am still not sure who is more excited the kids, my wife, or me.

:welcome: We just bought in May too. We will be home for the 1st time in December and then I am planning another trip next summer.

Welcome home! You became members on my birthday :cool1: AKV is such a breathtaking resort. You will truly fall in love with it. Have fun on your first trip as DVC members :thumbsup2

Welcome home! :cool1: I hope you love AKV as much as I do, it is my most favorite resort! We're heading to HHI in August for a few days and DL in October for a week so I'm missing AKV this year :guilty:

Where are you staying in Sept/Oct?

:welcome: We just bought in May too. We will be home for the 1st time in December and then I am planning another trip next summer.

Welcome home! You became members on my birthday :cool1: AKV is such a breathtaking resort. You will truly fall in love with it. Have fun on your first trip as DVC members :thumbsup2

Thank you all for the welcome!

I am sure I'm going to love AKV. We've been there to visit a few times as our favorite restaurant on property is Jiko. We chose AKV because we think it is most like our beloved WL which is the only resort I've stayed at.

We are staying at Saratoga on our next trip. I wasn't thrilled at first but the more I read, the more excited I became. I think we'll enjoy it.

Red river hogs on the Jambo side? Which savanna?

Red river hogs on the Jambo side? Which savanna?

Arusha, I think. Facing the rocky area with the firepit, we walked down the hall that is on the right, over to the elevators. Near the elevators there was an outside viewing area with rockers and telescopes. The red river hogs were in that savannah!

facebook twitter