***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

We're trying to make reservations for a value 2-bedroom at the AKV and I have a question about the configuration. I understand that the value villas are actually former standard hotel rooms that were remodeled to be a part of DVC. One implication of this is that the basic room size is smaller than units that were originally designed and built as DVC units.

My question is about the master bathroom. The only other DVC resort we've stayed in so far is VGC (earlier this week!) and the master bath was huge with a jetted tub and a shower. Does the master bathroom in the value 2-bedroom at AKV have this same configuration or is it just your standard tub/shower hotel bathroom?

What about the other rooms? Does the kitchen have all the appliances of the standard units (oven, stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher)? What is the general feeling of those who have stayed in the value units?

You get all the appliances in the kitchen.
The bathroom is big but you only have the bath (with jets) and the shower is over the bath it isnt separate..but ours was a lock off and we also had the bathroom to use in the studio part..
There was 4 of us and we coped very well.

All of my paperwork finally came!!!! YAY!!!!!! :cool1: It's really real, we're members!!:banana::banana:

(we aren't telling most of our friends or family about this right now, so I need to celebrate here! hehe :laughing: )

All of my paperwork finally came!!!! YAY!!!!!! :cool1: It's really real, we're members!!:banana::banana:

(we aren't telling most of our friends or family about this right now, so I need to celebrate here! hehe :laughing: )

Congrats Wonder!!! Now we'll see how long it is before you suffer "addonitis"!! We bought DVC Nov2009, booked our 1st trip for May2010 but added a contract in Mar2010. Now we're booked for Nov/Dec2010 and are planning our 2011 trip! :woohoo:

Ihave stayed in the 2br value at AKV. The master bath is large with a double bowl vanity, jetted tub/shower combo(no stand alone shower), and a private water closet. The kitchen has all full size appliances but no breakfast counter/bar. It is a great value for the amount of points it requires, especially so if you get a savanna view room.

Help from my neighbours. On our March trip home we had the Indian Style Bread Service from in-room dining. DH has fallen in love with the bread that is spicey (maybe it has some kind of hot pepper baked into the bread). Does anyone know which one it is and if there is a receipe floating around somewhere? I am sure it would be a pain to make at home but he brings it up at least once a week. Maybe I could make it for his birthday.

Help from my neighbours. On our March trip home we had the Indian Style Bread Service from in-room dining. DH has fallen in love with the bread that is spicey (maybe it has some kind of hot pepper baked into the bread). Does anyone know which one it is and if there is a receipe floating around somewhere? I am sure it would be a pain to make at home but he brings it up at least once a week. Maybe I could make it for his birthday.

Yum! I would love to have this recipe too!

Hi fellow AKV neighbors and experts :wave2:

We still don't have any plans finalized for our points we bought last month and they are "burning a hole in my pocket!" I'm going to put a few scenarios together on when and where we could stay to DBF and I can get something figured out. I know we would love to stay CL at AKV but also know these rooms go fast. Do 1 BR CL go as quick as studios? Any chances a studio or
1BR may still be available for Jan or early Feb 2011? (Probably won't be able to call MS til Mon because of work all weekend ). Also considering early May 2011 because we love that time of year at WDW.
I know nothing for sure until I call MS just trying to get an idea ahead of time!

There's no way to know until you call MS. Conceirge level rooms do go fast, but everything depends on what others want, so until you call there is really no way to know!

In 2007 whilst on holiday @WDW with mum and son, to pass the time at DTD on our last day, we agreed to do the DVC tour. On our way back from it to Port Orleans French Q I was so impressed that I was all set to buy into Saratoga Springs.
I happened to be sitting in the hotel lobby discussing with mum when 1 of the guests heard and said she too had been on the tour and asked if we'd seen the room for Kidani at AKV. I hadn't. She told me more and the more I heard, the more I knew I had to investigate further but we were leaving for home in about 20 minutes! Fortunately the DVC Rep at the hotel overheard us and gave me lots of advice and some brochures to take back with me just as our coach arrived for the airport!
In Ireland, I investigated re-sales, checked website etc and decided finally to proceed with the purchase of points at AKV Jambo House.
I have NOT looked back. Last year was our 1st trip and we booked a Savannah room with a fab view on the zebra trail.
This year, we booked a VALUE STUDIO with a pool view on the Giraffe Trail.
Next year we're hoping to book a SAVANNAH VIEW STUDIO but don't know
where they are
Room Numbers
If views restricted
If they get the sun during the day.
If anyone has pics of SAVANNAH VIEW VALUE STUDIOS.

My son is autistic and he really really missed sitting on the balcony watching the animals this year (we had a pool view) so I want to try and get it right for him next year.

we both adore this resort. I'd stay here every day if I could.:cool1:

It was the best decision I ever made and a complete co-incidence that I found out about it at all!!:thumbsup2
Some times the truth is stranger than fiction!

Regards

Lam
:dance3:

OOPS MADE A MISTAKE:
Info I require is for Savannah View VALUE STUDIO

NOT SAVANNAH VIEW STUDIO-(I dont have enough points next year for this room)

I'll have to book a VALUE STUDIO and thats why I want to know if any of them are Savannah View and if so, where they are etc etc

Many Thanks

Lam

My dear Lam,

I was just in a Savannah view VALUE studio on my recent trip in April. I have pictures in my partner's camera but they will not be developed until after our June trip (we return June 7). I'm looking at my resort map and, based on being in room 5122, you will want to request a studio number 5100-something. We can't tell you much about the sun during the day as we weren't in the room. The only view restrictions are the trees so you may not see animals in the distance. We had a clear view in front of us so we saw whatever animals passed underneath us.

Hope this helps. If you want, private message me and I can take any pictures you request. I will have my digital camera and computer with me so I can send when I'm there (starting June 2).

Bob of

I'm just hoping our second visit which will be almost two weeks is MUCH better than our first. We had a ton of problems and I wasn't impressed. Come on Disney don't make me hate! ;)

We signed on for DVC during our February break and are headed down for Star Wars Weekend over Memorial Day weekend. We were lucky enough to score our first two nights at a BWV 1 BR for the proximity to DHS, but then moving to a Savanna View Studio at Jambo House for the second 2 nights once the Star Wars madness ends. We are wait listed for a Kidani SV Studio but not holding out much hope at this point - probably doesn't matter either way but I did fall in love with the Kidani models, which is what made us buy. We also managed to score a whole week in a CL Studio at Jambo AKV for next April and hoping to do the special safari tour.

I've been on the boards since our 4/2009 trip and learned so much, but never felt like I had much to contribute - everyone here knows so much more! Maybe with more frequent trips I'll contribute more info.

So, I have a couple of questions before our first trip "home":
- My camera happy DH is so excited for the Savanna View, and can't wait to see giraffes. Which Savannas (both Jambo and Kidani) have giraffes and which ones don't?
- We have booked dinners at Jiko and Sanaa and breakfast at Boma, just to get a "taste" of the whole resort :) We've done dinner at Boma before. What's not to be missed at these restaurants?
- We have lots of plans for the weekend but on Memorial Day, weather permitting, we were thinking of hanging out at the resort for most of the day. Do you think there will be kids/family activities on a holiday?

Thanks for your help so far everyone, and we're so excited to join as owners!

PS-where do I get the AKV avatar? I'm looking and can't find it!

I'm just hoping our second visit which will be almost two weeks is MUCH better than our first. We had a ton of problems and I wasn't impressed. Come on Disney don't make me hate! ;)

There is no hate on the savanna - just survival of the fittest, and even then Disney takes care to make sure all the animals are seen to (us too) ;)

Have a great trip! Don't forget the camera - pictures are always appreciated :thumbsup2

Can I join???:cool1: We just purchased 100pts last week.:banana:

We rented points and stayed at a value studio and just fell in love. Our view of the pool was awesome and I think I always want to stay in a value.

However, we are staying at Kidani in November. We are using our 2009 points for 2 standard view studios. This will be our shortest trip but we have never seen any of the Christmas decor and can't wait.

I have only 2 questions(for now,:rotfl:) at Jambo house I walked down the hall to the wash room. How far is the laundry at Kidani? Is it free to DVC members?

TIA

We signed on for DVC during our February break and are headed down for Star Wars Weekend over Memorial Day weekend. We were lucky enough to score our first two nights at a BWV 1 BR for the proximity to DHS, but then moving to a Savanna View Studio at Jambo House for the second 2 nights once the Star Wars madness ends. We are wait listed for a Kidani SV Studio but not holding out much hope at this point - probably doesn't matter either way but I did fall in love with the Kidani models, which is what made us buy. We also managed to score a whole week in a CL Studio at Jambo AKV for next April and hoping to do the special safari tour.

I've been on the boards since our 4/2009 trip and learned so much, but never felt like I had much to contribute - everyone here knows so much more! Maybe with more frequent trips I'll contribute more info.

So, I have a couple of questions before our first trip "home":
- My camera happy DH is so excited for the Savanna View, and can't wait to see giraffes. Which Savannas (both Jambo and Kidani) have giraffes and which ones don't?
- We have booked dinners at Jiko and Sanaa and breakfast at Boma, just to get a "taste" of the whole resort :) We've done dinner at Boma before. What's not to be missed at these restaurants?
- We have lots of plans for the weekend but on Memorial Day, weather permitting, we were thinking of hanging out at the resort for most of the day. Do you think there will be kids/family activities on a holiday?

Thanks for your help so far everyone, and we're so excited to join as owners!

PS-where do I get the AKV avatar? I'm looking and can't find it!

Can I join???:cool1: We just purchased 100pts last week.:banana:

We rented points and stayed at a value studio and just fell in love. Our view of the pool was awesome and I think I always want to stay in a value.

However, we are staying at Kidani in November. We are using our 2009 points for 2 standard view studios. This will be our shortest trip but we have never seen any of the Christmas decor and can't wait.

I have only 2 questions(for now,:rotfl:) at Jambo house I walked down the hall to the wash room. How far is the laundry at Kidani? Is it free to DVC members?

TIA

Congrats & Welcome Home to you both!

facebook twitter