***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Good Morning! Anyone have any recommendations for rooms? We are staying at Kidani in a standard view, two bedroom. I tried looking online, but I'm not sure what the "beads" are. Also, I want to be close to my parents and sister and her family who will be in another two bedroom. Can we put her reservation number in our request? It might be nice to be on the side of AKL, my kids might like to walk to Mara. (DS 17 & 14)

I appreciate any help you can give me!

Good Morning! Anyone have any recommendations for rooms? We are staying at Kidani in a standard view, two bedroom. I tried looking online, but I'm not sure what the "beads" are. Also, I want to be close to my parents and sister and her family who will be in another two bedroom. Can we put her reservation number in our request? It might be nice to be on the side of AKL, my kids might like to walk to Mara. (DS 17 & 14)

I appreciate any help you can give me!
Input in no particular order. There are tradeoffs in location. AKL side puts you closer to Jambo and the restaurants and shops there, but puts you further from the Kidani pool area. Standard view on AKL end will pretty much be of the roadway and parking lots where the other side of the lobby will possibly give you views of the pool area.

The beads are the individual "buildings" that make up Kidani. Kidani means necklace. Looking from above, the buildings are the beads of the necklace, and the connecting hallways are the "chain" or "string" that makes up the necklace, and the lobby would be the jewel hanging in the middle. If you watch survivor, think immunity necklace that doesn't attach in the middle in the back, but spreads to go around your neck.

Not sure about the reservation number, but you should be able to request the two rooms to be near each other if possible.

When we were there last summer, the whole resort wasn't open yet. We were in a 1BR Standard view in the very start of the second bead (building) from the lobby, on the same floor, heading away from Jambo. It was a fantastic location as it was a short walk to the lobby, gift shop where you can refill drink mugs, the Rafiki elevator down to the pool, Community Hall (just on the other side of the lobby) and the bus stop.

Hope this helps!

"We have 200 points but the need to add-on has already become apparent. I think 300 points is about where we need to be to keep our habit satisfied. "

We so agree!!!

We bought-in last year and will be making our first trip "home"/Kidani in November - simply cannot wait! Stayed in AKL 2 1/2 years ago and we simply fell in love :hug:

We are staying on our first DVC stay at AKL Kidani village in a standard view studio.

How far of a walk is it from Kidani to Jambo or wherever the Mara is?

Tell me about the standard view at Kidani?

Question! We're new owners and my brother and his wife will be using our first points for a stay at AKV (lucky ducks) in September! I have them booked in a Jambo Savanna View Studio.

Do you all have advice on a location I should request? I know there are no guarantees, but it doesn't hurt to request the best view, right? :)

We are staying on our first DVC stay at AKL Kidani village in a standard view studio.

How far of a walk is it from Kidani to Jambo or wherever the Mara is?

Tell me about the standard view at Kidani?

From Kidani to Jambo you can take any of the Disney buses (except Downtown Disney) and they stop off at Jambo first. The walk back from Jambo to Kidani is roughly 10 minutes. It's not bad at all. We stayed in a standard view at the end of May and it was okay. Our view was of the main entrance of course. We were right next to the lobby so that was a plus. Have fun on your first DVC stay :thumbsup2

New owners here! Well, almost - we passed ROFR yesterday and will be sending off our closing docs/check tomorrow. Woohoo!

We're finally buying in after years of waiting, and I know we'll be happy w/AKV. We loved the mockup of the rooms when we took the tour a few years ago and the pics of the whole resort have been amazing! Hubby will love the "remote" factor of this place - we usually have a car so being right next to the other parks isn't a big deal to us.

We're actually taking two trips this fall. One for Labor Day weekend (don't know what resort we're at as my sister is the mastermind behind this trip). But based on comments she's made I think they're renting/borrowing DVC points. So that narrows it down a little :laughing:

The big trip is Nov. 8-15, with another couple. We're hoping to be able to use our new points somewhere. While I'd love for it to be AKV we're flexible since we'll be reserving so late. We have a backup reservation at PORS just in case. But even if we don't stay at AKV this time I'm hoping we'll at least go eat a meal there and walk around.

I'm so excited to join the club!

New owners here! Well, almost - we passed ROFR yesterday and will be sending off our closing docs/check tomorrow. Woohoo!

We're finally buying in after years of waiting, and I know we'll be happy w/AKV. We loved the mockup of the rooms when we took the tour a few years ago and the pics of the whole resort have been amazing! Hubby will love the "remote" factor of this place - we usually have a car so being right next to the other parks isn't a big deal to us.

We're actually taking two trips this fall. One for Labor Day weekend (don't know what resort we're at as my sister is the mastermind behind this trip). But based on comments she's made I think they're renting/borrowing DVC points. So that narrows it down a little :laughing:

The big trip is Nov. 8-15, with another couple. We're hoping to be able to use our new points somewhere. While I'd love for it to be AKV we're flexible since we'll be reserving so late. We have a backup reservation at PORS just in case. But even if we don't stay at AKV this time I'm hoping we'll at least go eat a meal there and walk around.

I'm so excited to join the club!

Welcome home!:dance3: Congratulations on your new home purchase. I think you'll love it. It's by far my favorite resort and the reason we bought DVC (well, not the only reason - there's this thing about the mouse :rotfl:). We've been each year, for the past 2, to AKV and had such a great time. I find the fact that its a bit further from things, very relaxing and since we don't have kids, we are much more laid back in our touring around. This year we're going to Disneyland, to the GCV - so excited!

Have a great trip! Twice!

We don't own at AKV, but at 7 months we were able to get just about everything we wanted from 12/1 through 12/7 for me, my brothers and our wives. (Only one each, thank you.) I call MS almost every day and today got a two bedroom in Jambo for 12/6. :woohoo: All we're missing now is a two bedroom for 12/5 and we'll have a studio and a two bedroom for the whole trip. There's one move between room types on the two bedroom, but putting together the reservation a day at a time seems to be working. I'm also wait listed for what we really want so that we don't have to make the move, but even with the move things are working out.

People ask if at 7 months you can get the reservation you want. I'm finding that persistence pays off. We have a wait list for the reservation we really want and I call frequently to see what individual day changes are occurring. I have every expectation that by the time we're there that we have what we want.

Really looking forward to AKV!

Hey,

We're staying AKV-Jambo in a studio. My confirmation just says studio....so would that be a lock off or dedicated? And I can't remember what the difference is in a dedicated studio and a lock off. I kind of remember that the dedicated has extra storage, but I really can't remember for sure? Do I request that?

And where is the laundry room? I know it's Zebra trail, but I can't remember how far down. Is it near an elevator?

Is Arusha Zebra trail near laundry room a good request? We've requested Zebra twice and always get Kudu so I don't know much about that side of the hotel.

Thanks!!

Have to day that we just got back from our first DVC stay andit was at AKV, in a 1 bdrm standard view in Kidani. We loved it. The resort is beautiful and it feels like a destination all on its own. Great restaurants and great pools. When we get addonis, I have a feeling it will be for AKV!:goodvibesWe also satyed at BWV and it was great. But, I like to be away from the parks when we go back to the room. I know it takes a little longer to get to the parks, but I find it easier to unwind.

Hey,

We're staying AKV-Jambo in a studio. My confirmation just says studio....so would that be a lock off or dedicated? And I can't remember what the difference is in a dedicated studio and a lock off. I kind of remember that the dedicated has extra storage, but I really can't remember for sure? Do I request that?

And where is the laundry room? I know it's Zebra trail, but I can't remember how far down. Is it near an elevator?

Is Arusha Zebra trail near laundry room a good request? We've requested Zebra twice and always get Kudu so I don't know much about that side of the hotel.

Thanks!!

As for the laundry question:
I don't remember what trail it was on, but I do remember I had a hard time finding it the first time. And it was next door to where the garbage room is.

There are signs that point in the general direction, but for some reason I was a slow learner:rotfl:

Hi fellow owners & AKV lovers!
I'm excited that our waitlist came through for a week in January at AKV. We had a few nights between Kidani, Jambo & on cash, but now it's all one lovely SV room in Jambo. Looking forward to our first stay at AKV as owners! We have stayed at AKL several times and stayed in Kidani for 2 nights in Jan. 2010, which completely solidified our decision that we wanted this as a home resort.

nolanboys - I know what you mean! We love the feeling we get at AKV - as you said, it's a destination. And for us, it's what we seem to compare all other resorts to.

Hello AKV fans! I can hardly believe it is fall and my WDW trip is in 2 months. I am staying at AKV - 1 BR concierge during Xmas week! I made the reservation at exactly 11 months last January so I am very excited I only have to wait for 2 more months until I'm "home." This is my second time staying in an Animal Kingdom Lodge/Villas club level room, but first time using my DVC points. The first time I stayed at AKL club level was December 2007 with a cash reservation. I hope the appetizer offerings are as plentiful as they were several years ago. Has anyone stayed in a club room recently? What are your thoughts of the food offerings during 5 - 7 pm dinner time?

Hey AKV lovers, we crashed there in June in a studio savanna view and it was absolutely terrific. Thanks for letting us stop by.

Have some questions for you. DW wants to take her brother and his family to WDW (total group of 9) and I am planning. Do all the 2 BR have 3 bathrooms? I doubt Value does, but do both the Standard and Savanna view have 3? Also, what are my chances for getting a 2 BR with 3 bathrooms at the 7 month time for October? So, the lockoffs have 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom. What is the chance of getting that one at the 7 month mark? And, does the $25 extra charge per adult per night apply to DVC members? TIA

Hey AKV lovers, we crashed there in June in a studio savanna view and it was absolutely terrific. Thanks for letting us stop by.

Have some questions for you. DW wants to take her brother and his family to WDW (total group of 9) and I am planning. Do all the 2 BR have 3 bathrooms? I doubt Value does, but do both the Standard and Savanna view have 3? Also, what are my chances for getting a 2 BR with 3 bathrooms at the 7 month time for October? So, the lockoffs have 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom. What is the chance of getting that one at the 7 month mark? And, does the $25 extra charge per adult per night apply to DVC members? TIA

Only the 1BR's and 2BR's at Kidani have the extra bathroom. None of the rooms at Jambo have them but when you book you will know where you are staying.

The lockoffs do not have 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom. Lockoffs are made up of a studio and a 1BR and all studios at AKV have a queen bed and a sofa sleeper in the room. You will need a Dedicated 2BR to have the 2 beds in the second BR and only Kidani has the Dedicated. It's only lockoffs at Jambo.

There are no extra charges for adults with DVC.

facebook twitter