***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Staying at Kidani in a one bedroom in November! So excited! We're not DVC owners, but after staying at OKW in Feb, we now think we need the extra space, big shower and w/d. :lmao: Boma is our favorite restaurant. It will be nice to have it so convenient this trip! Standard view was the only thing available with our discount, which I am a little bummed about, but know I can see the animals from other places. :goodvibes

Staying at Kidani in a one bedroom in November! So excited! We're not DVC owners, but after staying at OKW in Feb, we now think we need the extra space, big shower and w/d. :lmao: Boma is our favorite restaurant. It will be nice to have it so convenient this trip! Standard view was the only thing available with our discount, which I am a little bummed about, but know I can see the animals from other places. :goodvibes

I've stayed at Kidani twice, and both times were standard view. On our second stay, we had a partial savannah view, so you never know. We are so spoiled by Kidani, I don't know if we can stay anywhere else. We did three days at POR last trip, and it was nice, but we love Kidani!

Maybe we should start a thread of sorts for item exchange when leaving?? We always have extra bottles of water, snacks, water toys that we leave behind after our stay (luggage is too full most times to keep the little extras) going again in September. If anyone is interested, send me a pm and maybe we can set something up, I don't even mind organizing it!

That would be an awesome thing if it could be organized. We just checked out on Friday and we left behind Mac & Cheese, Rice-a-roni, lunch meat that hadn't been opened. It was sad. I hope the house keeper picked the items up and took them home to use. Don't know if they are allowed to do that.

In the future I am going to think to come on here and post. When I am at Disney I never think to come here to the boards. Too busy I guess.

Kim

That would be an awesome thing if it could be organized. We just checked out on Friday and we left behind Mac & Cheese, Rice-a-roni, lunch meat that hadn't been opened. It was sad. I hope the house keeper picked the items up and took them home to use. Don't know if they are allowed to do that.

In the future I am going to think to come on here and post. When I am at Disney I never think to come here to the boards. Too busy I guess.

Kim

The housekeepers are instructed to throw away all food items left in the villas, even if new. That doesn't mean they always do as they are told ;) We left Disney a couple weeks back with brand new unopened Skippy, and 3 new boxes of couscous in the cupboard. Not a big financial loss, but bothering to know it might have been tossed in the dumpster when a food bank could have used the items. (I would have packed them back up to bring home, but simply forgot)

It would be nice to see a swap area set up for leaving/coming DVC folk to drop off good, non perishable items. I understand it would involve a housekeeper to tend to once in awhile to ensure it doesn't get out of hand, but I think most of us are adults and know what to/not to leave there.

Does anyone know when Christmas decorations go up? Guessing it would be closer to Thanksgiving. We leave on the 22nd.

Does anyone know when Christmas decorations go up? Guessing it would be closer to Thanksgiving. We leave on the 22nd.

Generally at most resorts the decorations go up during that week you're there, so you might get lucky the last few days! :santa:

For 2012 it was the night of November 15th that they decorated AKL. Many of the other deluxe resorts were all decorated by that weekend. And for 2013 it was the night of November 21st that they decorated AKL. Some of the other deluxe resorts were already decorated by the 20th.

I love disboards! Whenever you have a question you can usually find the answer in here somewhere! Thanks ya'll! :love:
They are free for DVC, your magic band will get you in to the laundry room for DVC members. I have used both laundry rooms. There are 2 washers in each room and 6 dryers.

The Kidani laundry room is located on the lobby level facing the back toward savanna on your right.

The Jambo laundry room is on the 5th floor, when you get off the elevator turn toward the bridge (to the right) the hallway will veer off to the right and it is just around the corner.

Non-DVC will have to bring quarters and use different laundry facilities intended for them at Jambo.

Good Luck! :)

I'm booked in Kidani for early January in a one bedroom. I want the best chance to see the most giraffes and zebras during the day and also not be too far from the lobby. Our son will be 18 months old and we have grandma with us as well. Please help me with room requests :)

Has anyone ordered room service for dinner at Kidani? We have been to AKL numerous times and have yet to do a full meal in the room. I will be traveling with my 6 month old and thought one night we would just order in. I also heard that at Jambo you can order off the Jiko menu. Is this true at Kidani? TIA!!

I'm booked in Kidani for early January in a one bedroom. I want the best chance to see the most giraffes and zebras during the day and also not be too far from the lobby. Our son will be 18 months old and we have grandma with us as well. Please help me with room requests :)

Kidani is so huge, with grandma in tow, you'll definitely want to be close to the lobby. There is good animal viewing close to the lobby as well. I would forego any other requests and just ask for close to lobby!

Has anyone ordered room service for dinner at Kidani? We have been to AKL numerous times and have yet to do a full meal in the room. I will be traveling with my 6 month old and thought one night we would just order in. I also heard that at Jambo you can order off the Jiko menu. Is this true at Kidani? TIA!!

The menu that's actually in the room seems to just be Sanaa-type food. I don't know if you'd have any luck calling and asking about the Jiko items when you're there. But since the buildings are a ten minute walk apart, I don't think thy would bring from one building to the other. We were surprised they didn't have the usual "room service pizza" that they have at many of the other resorts. Good luck!

The menu that's actually in the room seems to just be Sanaa-type food. I don't know if you'd have any luck calling and asking about the Jiko items when you're there. But since the buildings are a ten minute walk apart, I don't think thy would bring from one building to the other. We were surprised they didn't have the usual "room service pizza" that they have at many of the other resorts. Good luck!

Ok thanks!

We're thinking of going in February, any big difference between Jambo or Kidani Savana View studios?

Some of the links to pictures of the resort have expired on here. Does anyone have pictures of Kidani? Especially ones of a 2 bedroom with a Savanna view?

Anyone else know about Kidani kiddie splash area being closed? I saw this on a link through Facebook but came on DIS to confirm but can't find any info with the search function. We rented points for first weekend in December and we have 2 little ones! I will be so disappointed if true:(

We're thinking of going in February, any big difference between Jambo or Kidani Savana View studios?

There are a couple of differences.

Jambo studio: Has 2 sinks outside of the toilet/shower/tub room. Kidani: A single sink inside the tub/shower room and has an enclosed water closet in that same room.

Jambo Savannah view studios are all on the 5th floor. Kidani Savannah view studios will be on all floors so you may be lower/closer to the animals.

There are a couple of differences.

Jambo studio: Has 2 sinks outside of the toilet/shower/tub room. Kidani: A single sink inside the tub/shower room and has an enclosed water closet in that same room.

Jambo Savannah view studios are all on the 5th floor. Kidani Savannah view studios will be on all floors so you may be lower/closer to the animals.

Thank you!

Perhaps a dumb question but we've never stayed at a DVC resort -- are there blow dryers in the bathrooms? Edited to clarify -- we're staying in a Savannah View Studio at Kidani :)

Perhaps a dumb question but we've never stayed at a DVC resort -- are there blow dryers in the bathrooms? Edited to clarify -- we're staying in a Savannah View Studio at Kidani :)

Yes, there are hair dryers. If for some reason it's missing you would call housekeeping for one.

Hair driers? Yes, every bathroom is equipped with one.

More info than what you asked for, but in the WDW DVC units, You'll also have a 12 cup standard coffee makers, a microwave, refrigerator (may or may not have a freezer compartment), and a toaster.

I've heard Hawaii is slightly different.

facebook twitter