***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Hair driers? Yes, every bathroom is equipped with one. More info than what you asked for, but in the WDW DVC units, You'll also have a 12 cup standard coffee makers, a microwave, refrigerator (may or may not have a freezer compartment), and a toaster. I've heard Hawaii is slightly different.

Aulani is different only in that you get a rice maker also as I recall.

Is the first level of rooms at Kidani ground level or 1 floor up? I have a fear of heights and think I should request lower level but wouldn't want to be ground level either. This is my first stay at AKL and i am super excited!!!!!!
Edited to add I have a dedicated 2 br booked, not sure if that matters, I have never been to this resort:)

Is the first level of rooms at Kidani ground level or 1 floor up? I have a fear of heights and think I should request lower level but wouldn't want to be ground level either. This is my first stay at AKL and i am super excited!!!!!!
Edited to add I have a dedicated 2 br booked, not sure if that matters, I have never been to this resort:)

Hi - Kidani's lobby and lowest level of rooms is the second floor. Request either low floor or 2nd floor. I'd also add "fear of heights" to the room request so they are sure to get you a lower room.

Hi there!

I am so excited to have booked a stay for next May. I do have a question, though. Has Kidani replaced the quilted comforters with the triple sheeted duvets? It seems that this has been the trend of late at all of higher end Disney resorts. I like it, as it seems to make the bed feel so much more fresh.

Thanks!

adrianna_sarah said:
Hi there!

I am so excited to have booked a stay for next May. I do have a question, though. Has Kidani replaced the quilted comforters with the triple sheeted duvets? It seems that this has been the trend of late at all of higher end Disney resorts. I like it, as it seems to make the bed feel so much more fresh.

Thanks!

They have!

We leave this week and I am wondering if there are washers/dryers in the studios? We have a savannah view and after our stay go on a disney cruise so I will want to do laundry before the cruise.

We leave this week and I am wondering if there are washers/dryers in the studios? We have a savannah view and after our stay go on a disney cruise so I will want to do laundry before the cruise.

Only 1-bedroom & larger units have in-room washers/dryers. There is a laundry room available for those staying in studios. The machines in the laundry rooms are commercial units and may have coin slots, but are free to use.

adrianna_sarah said:
Yay! I always feel like the quilts are concealing a multitude of sins that I want to know nothing about. Wish Disney would update their pictures on the website.

Me to

Well I managed to change at my 7 month window to get a value studio today. I have waitlisted the other 4 nights but I am going to book a standard studio tomorrow for may.No way am I not staying here. We have only ever stayed at kidani so what suggestions regards room would you give for jambo? I have read that most the standards are pool view. I know its a huge resort and I have back issues so dont want a 20 min walk to the lobby. I read someone had asked for pool view near lobby. Is this too much to request. As we are only doing the value for one night I will probably just request pool view. Be a pain if we have to check out and in again though at least its in the same hotel. I doubt the waitlist for the value will come through but im not fussed. Managed to get in thats a we were worried about. Then onto WLV for 8 nights. Cannoott wait.

Well I managed to change at my 7 month window to get a value studio today. I have waitlisted the other 4 nights but I am going to book a standard studio tomorrow for may.No way am I not staying here. We have only ever stayed at kidani so what suggestions regards room would you give for jambo? I have read that most the standards are pool view. I know its a huge resort and I have back issues so dont want a 20 min walk to the lobby. I read someone had asked for pool view near lobby. Is this too much to request. As we are only doing the value for one night I will probably just request pool view. Be a pain if we have to check out and in again though at least its in the same hotel. I doubt the waitlist for the value will come through but im not fussed. Managed to get in thats a we were worried about. Then onto WLV for 8 nights. Cannoott wait.

Standard views at Jambo are either pool view (most) or partial savanna view (a small number of rooms converted from savanna view). Requesting pool view and close to lobby would be fine but reality is none of the pool view rooms are far from the lobby and thus close to lobby is not really needed for those. Note if you want a chance for a partial savanna view then you could request that rather than pool view but you would have a real risk of getting room far from lobby in one of those rooms.

All the value rooms at the front of the building are within easy walking distance of the lobby and location requests are not accepted for those.

Standard views at Jambo are either pool view (most) or partial savanna view (a small number of rooms converted from savanna view). Requesting pool view and close to lobby would be fine but reality is none of the pool view rooms are far from the lobby and thus close to lobby is not really needed for those. Note if you want a chance for a partial savanna view then you could request that rather than pool view but you would have a real risk of getting room far from lobby in one of those rooms. All the value rooms at the front of the building are within easy walking distance of the lobby and location requests are not accepted for those.
Thankyou very much. To clarify just ask for a pool view in standard studio. It just looks such a huge resort and I was wondering which rooms are right at the end of the buildings.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Going home for an adukts only trip in May. I am looking for some information on the safari tour in the evening? I am not staying club level, will we be able to do i?

That anyone can do the night time one. I think only dvc members and club level can do the morning safari. Im sure someone else will have more info for you. Were going in dec and renting points. But last jan club was already sold out. So were on the wait list but. Not counting on it. My best friend really wanted to do it as is really is her first and only trip. The cost of the morning one was way less then the night time and I read the animals are just waking up and are looking for there food. The night time one I saw pictures of was pretty cool with the dinner on the safari. Sorry I dont have more info. I hope you have a great time.

That anyone can do the night time one. I think only dvc members and club level can do the morning safari. Im sure someone else will have more info for you. Were going in dec and renting points. But last jan club was already sold out. So were on the wait list but. Not counting on it. My best friend really wanted to do it as is really is her first and only trip. The cost of the morning one was way less then the night time and I read the animals are just waking up and are looking for there food. The night time one I saw pictures of was pretty cool with the dinner on the safari. Sorry I dont have more info. I hope you have a great time.

How are the Night Vision Goggles at AKV?:confused3
Never have done that!
Want to do that in Dec! :santa:

facebook twitter