The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

Has anyone looked at their photos yet? For some reason I have no character photos. Does anyone else? I haven't gone through all the "lost and found" ones bc how could they miss my bib in a posed picture, but I am really hoping something happened. I will seriously be upset if I can't find the pictures. And no, I did not have a camera of my own with me - didn't need it last year just paid the ridiculous price from the photo company for the one photo stop i made. I would have thought they would have told us had we needed out own camera for the characters - why were there camera people there if the company didn't take photos.

They generally go live with the data quicker than they process all shots. Check back again in 3-5 days.

They generally go live with the data quicker than they process all shots. Check back again in 3-5 days.

Thanks coach. I broke my cardinal rule of not telling my son about things that are out of my control until they are certain. Told him all about my Vader pic! Oh well - if not he will learn a lesson in how to handle disappointment with me!

Figment -- I stopped for 3 character pics, too. Baloo in AK, captain Jack in between and Buzz/Woody in Hollywood Studios. Those are missing along with any finish line pics.

I did find myself in 4 pics where my bib got all wrinkled!

Sleepy425 said:
Can anyone let me know if the Expedition Everest Challenge was on any promotional materials handed out this weekend for rD?
I've got my flights booked and am eagerly awaiting word on what is going on. Just in case I am planning on being ready for a 10k. Hoping if they do extend the distance it won't be more than that!
Forgot to add CONGRATS to everyone who ran this weekend - I cannot wait to build up to one day doing a half like all of you!

Yes. The pamphlet I have says Expedition Everest Challenge May 2-3 2014. Registration opens Dec 2013

FYI for anyone that did not do enough shopping at the expo... The online Disney store is having a flash sale through tomorrow. They have coast to coast and wine and dine (to include the I did it) t shirts for sale.

And congratulations to everyone on an awesome accomplishment! :cool1:

Well my crazy half marathon Wine & Dine Weekend is over. I'm sitting at the airport ready to fly home and go back to work. I finally found a time when the security line at the airport is short. 5:30am.

I'm exhausted now. It is going to be a challenging day at work but it was so much fun to do all 4 parks and downtown Disney yesterday. Even if I logged enough step to have competed another half marathon. :)

Congratulations to all.

For anyone still in Orlando, La Cava del Tequila just announced they're giving away goodies to anyone who shows up today with a finisher's medal. Happy drinking! :)

For anyone still in Orlando, La Cava del Tequila just announced they're giving away goodies to anyone who shows up today with a finisher's medal. Happy drinking! :)

Thanks for the info!! I was heading to Epcot today anyways, now I'll be sure to stop by the tequila bar with my medal

I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend. It was much too warm for a stellar race for me, but finished and had a great time as always at the Food and Wine. For those that are still traveling back home, have safe travels.

Congrats to all of our finishers!!! I'm thrilled that I finished after some pretty sad training over the last month. I can't believe I jogged the whole way. Somewhere after AK, my ankle stopped hurting and settled into being semi-numb instead, lol. Anyway, I had to stop to pee three times! That never happens to me when running. I finished just over 2:30 but I'm attributing that to bathroom breaks and running an extra half mile, somehow, according to Garmin and RunKeeper. Weird, right? I mean, I wasn't weaving that much. I ended up running a while near a Jessica Rabbit, which was fun because she got loads of attention. Felt sick after finishing so we rode Soarin and Spaceship Earth and called it a night. The kids were kind enough to sleep until 8:30 the next morning. I would love to do this race next year, I really loved it. And I loved this group even though I didn't get to meet up or participate in chatting much during the last weeks of our training. We are stumbling trough the parks until Friday :-)

Congrats to all of our finishers!!! I'm thrilled that I finished after some pretty sad training over the last month. I can't believe I jogged the whole way. Somewhere after AK, my ankle stopped hurting and settled into being semi-numb instead, lol. Anyway, I had to stop to pee three times! That never happens to me when running. I finished just over 2:30 but I'm attributing that to bathroom breaks and running an extra half mile, somehow, according to Garmin and RunKeeper. Weird, right? I mean, I wasn't weaving that much. I ended up running a while near a Jessica Rabbit, which was fun because she got loads of attention. Felt sick after finishing so we rode Soarin and Spaceship Earth and called it a night. The kids were kind enough to sleep until 8:30 the next morning. I would love to do this race next year, I really loved it. And I loved this group even though I didn't get to meet up or participate in chatting much during the last weeks of our training. We are stumbling trough the parks until Friday :-)

Jessica Rabbit started in my corral. Yes. She would've gotten attention. Some from DH in fact. :-).

Great day and weather today at Epcot. Met lots of finishers and had fun discussing our pains and joys of race weekend.
Thanks @rundisney for a great event.

FYI for anyone that did not do enough shopping at the expo... The online Disney store is having a flash sale through tomorrow. They have coast to coast and wine and dine (to include the I did it) t shirts for sale. And congratulations to everyone on an awesome accomplishment! :cool1:

Oh cool! I hope they do that for every race from now on. I'm trying to decide if I want to hit the marathon weekend expo right when it opens on Wednesday in January so I can guarantee I get the best merch selection. My dilemma is the expo doesn't open until 11 and I wanted to be eating at Be Our Guest at that time. Lol. What a dilemma, I know! :)

Oh cool! I hope they do that for every race from now on. I'm trying to decide if I want to hit the marathon weekend expo right when it opens on Wednesday in January so I can guarantee I get the best merch selection. My dilemma is the expo doesn't open until 11 and I wanted to be eating at Be Our Guest at that time. Lol. What a dilemma, I know! :)

Don't pass up Be Our Guest. We went last night and it was amazing!!!!!

If you were still in the med tent a half hour later, I may have seen you there.

I truly hope that everyone had a great race last night. I thought Disney did a great job of improving some of the things we didn't like last year, the entrance into animal kingdom, tho narrow was definitely wider (no posts!), there was at least triple the entertainment and characters on course and the corrals seemed to work beautifully. I know I felt much better pace wise and crowd wise starting the race yesterday than I did last year.

But for me, that's where the fun ended. I finished, in 3:22- a half hour off my time last year, and nearly an hour off my expected time. Nearly everything that could go wrong, went wrong for me. From side stitches, to knee pain, too much humidity i wasnt use to, to nausea at the 11 mile mark - even a darn mosquito attacked my right ankle and I hop/scratched for like 5 minutes!. I was incredulous once again this year, but this time not in a good way. I couldnt believe all this stuff happened! I actually made it to about mile 11.75 or so when I finally let myself say to a medic: I'm done. They asked if I was sure, since I was so close, so I asked to sit down. So I sat for two seconds and then I stood up and vomited. It was awful. And then I felt a lot better and they said i could finish the race if i wanted. I did and from there i did ok but basically I walked 95% of the way from the 15k to the finish. Which is fine, if you are walking like you are intending to walk a race. This walk was more of a omg, get me out of my misery walk.

Silver lining: I ended up getting a coveted photo with jack sparrow and with darth vader. I probably look like I'm about to puke but I got it!

Also, I hate the half strength powerade- I'm 99% that's what did me in. It was EXTREMELY weak. As soon as DH showed up at the med tent and I had some of the salty tortilla chips, I instantly felt better. And i do know this about myself- i need salt. I trained with full strength powerade and never experienced this on any of my long runs. I learned that I definitely need to either bring my own, or some other sodium.

I'm just so disappointed today. I haven't even put on my medal yet. My "support team" says they are proud of me and its not all about the race but I can't shake the feeling that I am somehow not cut out for this and have no business doing Tink and Princess next spring.

So sorry to be a downer today. I know how awesome it does feel to finish the race and be really happy about it (last year was AWESOME for me, even tho the same sickness hit but not until much later in the night after the race). Congratulations to all who ran/walked last night! Watching some of your costumes and just watching the determination of everyone may have been the only thing getting me through!

I just wanna chime in on this. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I had my worst race ever in Disneyland this Sept. I hated every minute of it I was convinced before it I would PR since I'd done my first half in 2:55 with a broken toe. Turns out everything worked against me and I finished in 3:32. I was so depressed and angry with myself. Filled with self doubt. Then I was more determined than ever to train harder and PR at wine and dine. Well 8 weeks ago that changed. I had a really bad back injury/spasm. It was so bad I couldn't sit or stand up. When it finally healed I only had 4 weeks to get back into shape. I was able to run 7 miles of this race before I hit the wall. I finished in 3:21 and I am sooooo proud of that time despite it not being a PR. I feel like I earned this one a bit more. So keep your head up. You finished!! From what I've heard a lot did not. You have 10 weeks between now and Tink and you will be great! You may even PR with more favorable weather!

Anyone know how to look at the unknown photos for a race? I only have like 5 photos from this weekend. None of the finish line

Does anyone know if RunDisney does full Finish Line video? I've seen this done with other races and it is fun to see...I wanted to show dd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter