The nutters in CA who chained up 13 kids...

Nobody needs to be suggesting that anyone who is not doing that should 'bow out'

I wasn't suggesting. I was ASKING if that's how she thinks now. She participated a lot yesterday in speculating.

It is all of the unwarranted and, really kind of warped, focus on assumptions and speculation that is not really needed.

Must remember this quote.

Nope, not curious.... Just somebody who would like posters who do not support and agree with some of their thoughts to have to leave.
Not suprising.

Grandmother's statements made me feel that she and her husband were well aware of the situation and approved of it. Grandfather's quote sealed it for me. I hope the authorities keep the grandparents far away from those kids.

Unfortunately I don't think we're going to hear any more gems from the grandparents. One article said they've retained a lawyer who advised them NOT to speak.

Or they are just in shock and denial about their son.

I am not a believer in the social philosophy known as eugenics thus have a hard time believing that one can "see" evil on or within the face of another.
Also having a hard time with various speculations and assumptions regarding neighbors and family members outside of the residents of the Perris, CA.home.

Finally, for the poster who asked me rather pointedly some pages back (not going to search the post down) if I have any familiarity with nervosa anorexia, yes I do and thus stand by my earlier posts on the subject.

I understand!
But, there are others who seem to be throwing the laws regarding grandparents/next of kin, into the mix.
Which, of course, is not even a factor.

I think you misunderstand me.

Kinship placement IS a priority when children are removed from the home/custody of parent(s). Child welfare will look at kinship placement first and it will be given priority by the court. That said, it is not the be all/end all, guaranteed to trump any other kind of placement. When child welfare petitions to place the child elsewhere and family steps forward to assert their desire for the child, the court must have a basis upon which to deviate from a kinship placement. As I've already stated, I believe there are factors that can be considered in this case without even needing to delve into any of the allegations of the case to do so. Just like in every case where children are removed from their home/parent(s), the court will order the child welfare agency to investigate all family for possible placement. It's not beyond possible that some of these children could be placed with family. If that happens I would expect it likely will not be with the family members I've seen quoted in the media about the case. Not because they spoke to the media, but based on my estimation of their comments and likely awareness that things were not healthy and failure to take any actions to investigate or make any requests for a welfare check.

I've seen children placed with great aunts and uncles and cousins to one of the parents that were previously unknown to the children. It's not uncommon at all. It's been explained to me that a placement like that is an attempt to give children the best potential foothold possible at finding a sense of belonging and a bond that should presumably be strongest within their own family. The best interest of the children is the overriding priority and the court is given much more latitude in these cases, including the ability to consider the totality of circumstances.

"Grandparents rights" is not a legal term and is usually associated with different types of cases.

We have to remember there are at least 7 of the children above legal age who are adults. After medical care, they are basically discharged. Social Services can come in and maybe offer some kind of help for them, but there really isn't much out there.

We have to remember there are at least 7 of the children above legal age who are adults. After medical care, they are basically discharged. Social Services can come in and maybe offer some kind of help for them, but there really isn't much out there.

...which is a whole level of worry on it's own. I really hope there is someplace for them to go where they can slowly adjust to society.

I wonder what their mental capacity actually is? There is a possibility they could be judged as "adults in need of care" (or whatever the California equivalent is) and be put in state care. So so so sad.

Maybe significant developmental delays will qualify them for some significant services.
From the info that is out there, it sounds like they might not be at any functional adult level.
Very, very, sad.

I wonder what their mental capacity actually is? There is a possibility they could be judged as "adults in need of care" (or whatever the California equivalent is) and be put in state care. So so so sad.

Conservatorships. My guess is that Adult Protective Services will file for conservatorships over them.

Conservatorships. My guess is that Adult Protective Services will file for conservatorships over them.
Right! I cannot imagine they will just let them out to wander the streets. They may be adults, but any normal 12 year old could survive the modern world better.

Right! I cannot imagine they will just let them out to wander the streets. They may be adults, but any normal 12 year old could survive the modern world better.

Maybe they can also quality & fit under some umbrella type of care, like family counseling & therapy with the younger siblings. Since they all were in the situation together, it is necessary & helpful to the younger kids to have them there to process through stuff. Then the "adult" siblings get care they wouldn't otherwise qualify for. :rolleyes1

I hope they get Jaycee Dugard's therapist. She's in the state of CA. She seemed to do really well helping Jaycee, her daughters & mother transition through it. :grouphug:

I'm sure Disney loves that they're featuring so prominently in this. Lol.

"Apart from the visits, further evidence of their preoccupation with Disney came in the form of merchandise in the back garden of their home, in Perris, California, including pet food bowls and a Mickey and Minnie Mouse fountain, while two cars had personalised number plates, one reading DLand and a second reading DL4ever."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...-trip-creepy-torture-imprisonment-child-abuse

(Tell us your username, you sick freaks! :laughing:)

DH tells me 20/20 will have this on there show tonight 10pm est I'm not sure what network it will be a local 1 tho

I’ve been a nurse a long time.
Never underestimate what people can do...I saw it all the time. Just when I thought I’d seen it all and humanity couldn’t sink any lower, someone lowered the bar.

I’d have no problem with capital punishment for them. There is true evil in the world and I believe that those who are truly evil have no need to exist with the rest of us who try to be good decent people.

And the grandparents most definitely knew something was going on. Their silence was their consent. My guess is they raised their children in a heavy handed fashion and their children (the parents of the 13) just took it one step further.

26903699_1641253572602552_6448960210213943576_n.jpg

FYI: Grabbed this off the DA's Facebook page.

And apparently they starved their own children,but the dogs were well fed.
Well, their current dogs seemed to be cared for (but they are also only a year or less old). When the Turpins moved out of their Texas home they dumped a kitten in the dumpster on property and left their two dogs locked inside the house to eat dirty diapers until they were discovered weeks later. Make no mistake, these people have no care or concern for any living being other than themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter