The not so live version of dining w/ Disers, in Castles & on Safari! The Wrap! 2/26

Looking forward to another one of your dining reviews.

Btw, I too, had no idea that Territory Lounge existed. I'm gonna make sure I hit when I stay at WL again in May.

That cheese fondue looks heavenly!! I'd love to try Territory Lounge but every time we've been at WL, we've never been hungry enough to check it out. I doubt it's going to happen this trip either as we're on the DxDP this time around and I doubt we'll be able to fit anything else in (our schedule or our stomachs). Just another reason to go back, right? ;)

Mmm, your Bloody Mary looks very tempting. I love spicy Caesars but have never tried a spicy Bloody Mary (I had originally abbreviated this, but a spicy BM just doesn't sound at all appealing :lmao:) It seems the bartender fulfilled your request with great enthusiasm (and a heavy hand ;))

Great update Brenda! :thumbsup2

I'm here!

I have never done a DR and I've been tempted to. I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE FOOD. I'm also not a picky person though, so I'm afraid I won't be helpful to people. I'll be like "IT WAS GOOD!" all the time. :rotfl2:

Saw your sig over on Timmy's report and thought YUM! Decided to branch out and come on over to follow along popcorn::
I had a thought, maybe the Bloody Mary was actually a dip/sauce for the wings.....:rotfl2:

Yay - sounds like a fun report! I'm in!

We love WL, and have had great experiences at Territory Lounge...so glad you liked it.

Side note - my DD is only 2, but I can't wait for mother-daughter trips like yours in the future :goodvibes

What!! No Bat Call alerting the start of the DR?!?!? Now I am behind... Back to catch up... After putting my clothes in the dryer that is!

Between Vicki's recently posted AP review and your Territory Lounge one, I'm really wishing we could add one of these to our already busy dining schedule in December. Oh, and add to that wish list...BOG lunch, The Plaza, Beaches & Cream, San Angel Inn, Shula's, Bluezoo, and maybe just a few others. :rolleyes1 Btw, many of these additions are due to your live reports. ;) I suppose that is one of the pitfalls of hosting the live thread...whenever I do actually get to eat the wonderful Disney food that I see pictured each and every day, I WANT IT ALL!! :lmao:

So anyway, I wonder if my family would notice it if I were missing for an extra week in December??? I figure another week there should about cover it all, right? :confused3 Yeah, probably not. :p

Barb my mantra is "just one more day" but I know what you mean. Em asked me if we were eating at a few places this trip that are new favorites and I replied that I would be glad to extend the trip another day to accommodate one or two!!!

AMEN to all those places you named!!! You do have a dangerous job my friend.;)

Following along. I am very intrigued with wanting to try the Territory Lounge. I can't wait to see what your new favorite signature is :cool1:

Hi Couchy! I fully endorse Territory Lounge and I think Barb enjoyed it was well.

Hang in there.... that will follow later. ;)

I must be living under a rock as I had no idea you had this going on as well as your TR. :scared:

I'm caught up now and looking forward to more.

I must admit I never heard of the Territory Lounge. I must say your drink looks yummy.

Hi Kathy. I slipped this one in without any announcements, fanfare, or global messaging!! ;) I do live to eat so the dining board fits my style perfectly.

My drink looked lovely but it had an evil kick to it! Yikes!

YUM, the fondue looks so good!

It was delicious!!

Looking forward to another one of your dining reviews.

Btw, I too, had no idea that Territory Lounge existed. I'm gonna make sure I hit when I stay at WL again in May.

I think Territory Lounge must be a well hidden secret because I new there was a lounge but I didn't know they served food until I saw Barb's review. Good for me that I paid attention!

That cheese fondue looks heavenly!! I'd love to try Territory Lounge but every time we've been at WL, we've never been hungry enough to check it out. I doubt it's going to happen this trip either as we're on the DxDP this time around and I doubt we'll be able to fit anything else in (our schedule or our stomachs). Just another reason to go back, right? ;)

Mmm, your Bloody Mary looks very tempting. I love spicy Caesars but have never tried a spicy Bloody Mary (I had originally abbreviated this, but a spicy BM just doesn't sound at all appealing :lmao:) It seems the bartender fulfilled your request with great enthusiasm (and a heavy hand ;))

Great update Brenda! :thumbsup2

Oh, yeah, probably no extra room if you are on the Deluxe plan. So your logic is perfect... plan another trip to try it!

Ha ha ha!! spicy BM - that's hilarious. :lmao: I may have taken a moment to realize what you meant.

I'm here!

I have never done a DR and I've been tempted to. I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE FOOD. I'm also not a picky person though, so I'm afraid I won't be helpful to people. I'll be like "IT WAS GOOD!" all the time. :rotfl2:

Heck a DR is just the part of the TR that is important!! :lmao:

Oh you mean I can't just keep saying "it was good" darn... you may want to move on to another DR then! :rotfl: I'll try to throw in an awesome and incredible from time to time. ;)

Thanks for joining over here as well Danielle. Dani? Which do you go by? Sorry, don't want to get it wrong or this could ruin the entire Disboard relationship!

Saw your sig over on Timmy's report and thought YUM! Decided to branch out and come on over to follow along popcorn::
I had a thought, maybe the Bloody Mary was actually a dip/sauce for the wings.....:rotfl2:
Hi there!! I'm glad you followed the link. And look you brought your own snack! The food is ohhh so important! :)

Now that would have been interesting to have a spicy dip for the wings. For those that want/need more flavor, dip here!

Thanks again for joining!

Yay - sounds like a fun report! I'm in!

We love WL, and have had great experiences at Territory Lounge...so glad you liked it.

Side note - my DD is only 2, but I can't wait for mother-daughter trips like yours in the future :goodvibes

Hi Julie! Another TL fan! See folks, it's not just me!

Oh, how sweet to look forward to mother/daughter trips. It wasn't even on my radar when my daughter was little or I may have done these sooner. :)

What!! No Bat Call alerting the start of the DR?!?!? Now I am behind... Back to catch up... After putting my clothes in the dryer that is!

Sorry Paula! Like I said to Kathy... under the radar. Just will see what happens with this one. Especially since I did the live dining thread, I didn't want to be redundant. But I DO have some new stuff to share. Kinda like the special reserve wine right?

Oh you got me on this one too Brenda :thumbsup2 busy busy lady juggling two reports..hey I'm not complaining and this one has food descriptions :worship:
I need to have that fondue for sure yummy!!

Saturday August 17, 2013: Whispering Canyon Café Breakfast

DSCN2467.jpg

Usually we have to hop on a boat to get to WL for breakfast at WCC. This was easy… we just needed to find the button on the elevator that said “Lobby Level”!!

We had an 8:30am ADR so we strolled up to the hostess at 8:29am and asked to be seated in Jeffro’s section if he was serving that day. He was and we were.

Some people go to WCC specifically for all the antics and shenanigans. I’m not one of those. I just happened to be someone who needed another breakfast ADR a few years ago and decided to try WCC without knowing much about the joint. That first time we were introduced to Jeffro as our server and I’ve asked for him ever since. Here’s why; he’s mild mannered with just the right amount of sarcasm to fit in, he’s perfectly attentive and indulgent, and he now recognizes us so it would be extremely awkward to be seated in someone else’ section and remain chummy with him. That and the fact that he’s now sporting a “blue name tag” which identifies him among the elite of all Disney Cast Members with this honor that is reserved for only the top 1-2% of all CMs.

Menu:
DSCN2478.jpg

DSCN2479.jpg

DSCN2480.jpg

Us
DSCN2484.jpg

With that background, we were greeted by our pal Jeffro who welcomed us back and took our drink orders. Em typically drinks water with every meal but this trip she became a hot tea fan for breakfast. Jeffro presented Em with the Disney tea vault in order to choose her Twinings tea choice.

Blurry but you get the point...
DSCN2492.jpg

Looks like green tea was the winner
DSCN2494.jpg

I chose the ever fabulous Belgian Waffle with a scrambled egg subbed for breakfast meat while Em went with a new choice of the Buttermilk Pancakes –egg sub for meat as well.

While awaiting our order Em reviewed the “Master Plan” - look, a color coded spreadsheet!
DSCN2498.jpg

Back to the food….What can I say? I love a Belgian Waffle but what made this even better than last trip, which was just 5 short months earlier, THIS WAS A MICKEY SHAPED WAFFLE! The reality is that I know there’s no change in the flavor just based on the shape but something transforms this from ordinary waffle to AMAZING VACATION DINING when you morph the concentric circles into a MICKEY head. Who wouldn’t be excited about this change??

Plain old waffle from last trip:
DSC01880-1.jpg

Belgian Waffle with maple butter and candied pecans ($10.99)
DSCN2507.jpg

Photo from live dining thread
null-10801.jpg

DSCN2503.jpg

And yes, the maple butter with the candied pecans was divine! The scrambled eggs were perfectly cooked – just the right amount of wet egg ratio to dry and firm eggyness.

Em appeared to enjoy her pancakes but I’m certain I didn’t hear much from her during the meal since her pancakes were rather dull and uninspired compared to my fabulous Mickey waffle. The shame I’m sure!

Buttermilk Pancakes ($10.49)
DSCN2509.jpg

Breakfast goodness:
DSCN2500.jpg

DSCN2501.jpg

We bid Jeffro a fond farewell and promised to see him again soon. We saved $5.41 using our TiW card for this meal.

Restaurant photo:
DSCN2485.jpg

DSCN2491.jpg

DSCN2489.jpg

Up Next: Lunch at Tortuga Tavern at MK

Oh you got me on this one too Brenda :thumbsup2 busy busy lady juggling two reports..hey I'm not complaining and this one has food descriptions :worship:
I need to have that fondue for sure yummy!!

Hi Patti! You slipped in while I was posting!! We'll see how it goes. The Dining Boards has been my first love because if I'm honest, most of the enjoyment for planning our trips is where we eat quickly followed by checking the dining boards for reviews!!!

Yes, you NEED to have that fondue.... I NEED to go back and have some too!

I'm glad you are joining!!! :goodvibes

Okay, that is the second review of yours that I have read for breakfast at WCC, and I guess I am just going to have to convince Mark that we must give it a try. I WANT THAT MICKEY WAFFLE! I think as long as I tell him it's 12 hours away from dinner that he might be game.

Love the photo of you, Em and Jeffro with his Mickey Ears. :goodvibes

Okay I got caught up! I'm glad you enjoyed the fondue at TL! Was it thick and creamy or thin and kind of grainy? Just trying to figure out if we had a not so good batch as ours was the later.

Your breakfast looks good! I'm hoping to squeeze in a WCC breakfast as well as a lunch! I think Hunter would like the Pulled Pork with the egg!

Are the shenanigans less at breakfast than during other dining times? We have visited for lunch and found the antics a little bit much for us. I have heard that dinner can be even 'worse'. How is breakfast? I can do sarcasm and high jinx, I just don't like to have a heck of a lot of attention drawn to me.

The Mickey waffle does look good though - and much better to have one, big Mickey waffle than two little ones ;)

I'm in!!!:dance3: Your DRs are always a treat. I somehow missed the live report, I don't know how I did that?:confused3

Glad to be on board now!:goodvibes

I showed this review to Mark and he saw the menu. He said if Brenda says it is good, then it must be good. He had me cancel Boma and make our breakfast ADR at WCC instead. You better not let me down girl. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I showed this review to Mark and he saw the menu. He said if Brenda says it is good, then it must be good. He had me cancel Boma and make our breakfast ADR at WCC instead. You better not let me down girl. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I am sure Brenda would not give bad dining advice, enjoy WCC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter