The *NEW* SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORT Thread ~ April 2009 ~ Please read Post #1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We love the Dophin and are looking forward to our next visit but I do think it would be helpful to warn others that the S&D are NOT part of the 10+ perk for WDW Dining that other resort guest have. We normally stay for 9 nights so have to call every morning for 10 mornings to get all our dining reservations and it was difficult to get the harder to get reservations over the holiday's such as Easter and Thanksgiving.

anbouk, on my 2005 stay at the Swan, we were upgraded to a junior suite with balcony. It was an awesome surprise when the CM asked us at check-in if a junior suite upgrade (no charge) was acceptable.

Ummm....sure... it's okay!:thumbsup2

WOW...AWESOME If I only had that luck! Was it two rooms connecting? East or West wing? You wouldn't happen to have any pics, ?:goodvibes

IMPROVGAL...thanks for the wealth of info! Sounds like you are a real S&D expert :lovestruc What is the difference between the Preferred Basic and Plus? I can't seem to get a clear on that :confused3

IMPROVGAL...thanks for the wealth of info! Sounds like you are a real S&D expert :lovestruc What is the difference between the Preferred Basic and Plus? I can't seem to get a clear on that :confused3

The Preferred Plus is the basic level of SPG that you get when you sign up for a SPG account via AAA. It's kind of like a light version of SPG Gold. It includes the "upgrade to a preferred room" benefit and 4pm late checkout (resorts like Swan/Dolphin don't always have this benefit available) that Gold has, but you only accrue 2 SPG points/$ spent instead of Gold's 3 SPG points/$.

anbouk - it was in the east wing:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400
This was the wing -6th floor

It was one room not adjoining rooms.

I know this is last minute, but I just found it. If anyone's traveling to a Starwood hotel by 4/30/09, here's an "spg" extra points promo:

http://www.spgpromos.com/nights/index.cfm

But you have to sign up by today, 4/15/09!

Thanks Carolyn -I got all excited to sign up (not that I have any upcoming stays but DH travels for work at the last minute sometimes) - but I had already registered for this & forgot!

5 more days - lucky you!!

Thanks Carolyn -I got all excited to sign up (not that I have any upcoming stays but DH travels for work at the last minute sometimes) - but I had already registered for this & forgot!

5 more days - lucky you!!

That's funny. You're more on top of things than you realize!

Thanks - It's hard to believe we'll be back in 5 days!

That's funny. You're more on top of things than you realize!

Thanks - It's hard to believe we'll be back in 5 days!

Did I tell you - there's a Girls Trip in the works for Nov. 13-16....3 other DIS-ers from PA are going & I'm trying to work it in my schedule...any chance you could join us? Of course I'd be staying at The Dolphin (if there's any rooms left!)

Did I tell you - there's a Girls Trip in the works for Nov. 13-16....3 other DIS-ers from PA are going & I'm trying to work it in my schedule...any chance you could join us? Of course I'd be staying at The Dolphin (if there's any rooms left!)

No, you didn't tell me! There's a good chance I'll be itching for another trip by November...and girls only sounds great! Keep me posted.

Has SingingMom been around here, lately? She sure is missed! I bet she has a trip planned to her beloved Dolphin, soon!:)

I was actually joking in my above posts about rooms being left - when I check through spg.com there are NO ROOMS AVAILABLE for my dates. Argh!! It's a long way off though...I'll keep checking...this happened once before & the rooms literally opened up 2 weeks before I went. Whew.

3xthejoy,

When we stayed at the Dolphin Christmas 2005, we had this exact room. It looked out over the rotunda below....no views, but we didn't mind. We had soooo much room, it was great! Do you remember what classification of suite this room was? We were upgraded to this room from a standard room as Starwood members. What was your room number? I'd love to be able to request this room for our 2009 Christmas stay.

Thanks....and how cute are your girls!!!!!!

Elaine
Elaine... I don't remember off the top of my head the name/classification of the suite,but it's part of a 2 bedroom room suite. My mother stayed in the other adjoining room. I'll look up the room # & send it to you.

Elaine... I don't remember off the top of my head the name/classification of the suite,but it's part of a 2 bedroom room suite. My mother stayed in the other adjoining room. I'll look up the room # & send it to you.

I think that is an Executive Suite at the Dolphin. We had all 3 rooms at Thanksgiving 2007 for my family of 5 and my in-laws. In Nov. 2001, we had two of the three rooms, and it was called a Hospitality Suite.http://www.swandolphin.com/accommodations/images/D_Executive.gif. The middle room is the Parlor.

We were at the Dolphin last year in April, and could only get the Swan this year in Oct. I'm OK with it, as it is a quick 4 day getaway, and two of those days I got with points, followed buy 2 days with a gvt rate. My question is, where do you check in for the Swan? I don't remember seeing their lobby last time I was there. Also...Where is their spring pool? I don't recall that either as we stayed at the grotto pool most of the time. Any features of the swan that I can talk up to the family besides the queen beds?

TIA:surfweb:

We were at the Dolphin last year in April, and could only get the Swan this year in Oct. I'm OK with it, as it is a quick 4 day getaway, and two of those days I got with points, followed buy 2 days with a gvt rate. My question is, where do you check in for the Swan? I don't remember seeing their lobby last time I was there. Also...Where is their spring pool? I don't recall that either as we stayed at the grotto pool most of the time. Any features of the swan that I can talk up to the family besides the queen beds?

TIA:surfweb:

I prefer the Swan over the Dolphin. The Dolphin has the more "wow" lobby, but I don't sleep in the lobby. :) The check-in desk is near the main entrance (if entering from the parking lot). I don't use the pools, so can't help with that. The buses to the MK and AK stop at the Swan before going to the Dolphin. The Swan is also a bit closer to the Boardwalk, and I walk that way when going to Epcot.

I'll be back at the Swan tomorow night...can't wait!

Thanks for the info. I don't need the lobby either. As I recall, the Dolphin beds were a bit cramped last year, and since the kids are growing, I'm looking forward to the Swan's Heavenly beds:)

Emjoy your trip :goodvibes

Thanks soo much for this thread! :thumbsup2 My DD & I are staying @ the Swan prior to our cruise in June ~ AWESOME RATE (only through DCL) :cool1:.

We are going to enjoy the day in DTD ending w/dinner @ T-Rex w/other Dissers that will be on our cruise.

I signed up to become a SPG preferred member & emailed my TA to add that # to my ressie.

Thanks for the info. I don't need the lobby either. As I recall, the Dolphin beds were a bit cramped last year, and since the kids are growing, I'm looking forward to the Swan's Heavenly beds:)

Emjoy your trip :goodvibes

The Swan has an extra sink outside the bathroom that really helps with everyone getting ready.

I have stayed 2x at the Dolphin and this summer will be our 3rd stay at the Swan. I do love both resorts but when given a choice, I go for the Swan because it is smaller and seems more intimate. The Swan's "quiet" or lap pool is located right next to the resort just beyond the west wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter