The New,New Hotel Thread-Yes, We're STILL Waiting

AHH I almost had it about an hour ago before I left for lunch. I was on the hotels page and hit search now, but I realized that my page must have logged out because my dates and location were set to the default of anaheim and sometime in Feb. Anyway, the video popped up and it was SLOOOOOOW. Once I got through I only had about 1:47 left. I had to fix my dates and location and was able to choose POR. By the time the second video popped up and I finished, I had seconds left and couldn't finish.

But at least now I believe this promo does exist!

I just went over there and got the videos but ran out of time. I had 3 minutes 15 seconds without watching the videos. That's not nearly enough time.

BTW, clearing the cookies worked.

I need to stop, I'm going crazy!

This might be some grand psychological experiment to see each of our breaking points. Drive us batty until we just can't take it anymore. "Hmm ... what can we do next? --- "How about we make it 5 minute intervals with 3 minutes of video to assure they are just at entering their credit card when time expires!" "Great, what else?" "Oh, I know, we can give random people access at random times during the day .. that way the folks can't sleep after the 15 minutes is up for that day!" :rolleyes2

I just went over there and got the videos but ran out of time. I had 3 minutes 15 seconds without watching the videos. That's not nearly enough time.

BTW, clearing the cookies worked.

I need to stop, I'm going crazy!
what do I need to do to clear my cookies?

I posted this in the other thread:

So I called the hotel directly (Crowne Plaza NYC) - She is showing my ressie for a king bed (my confirmation says double bed) and she said it's $149 a night. I told her it was booked through a third party, my conf. says double and it should be paid in full. She said she couldn't tell if it was paid, I would have to speak to the front desk. Transferred to the front desk, I got voicemail (several times), so I'll call back later.

That is probably the rate they are paying the hotel for the room. Sometimes in a Priceline room you will see the cost of the room on the receipt. You can gauge how closely you bid to rock bottom that way. What had LMT been advertising the room for prior to you buying it at zero? That gives a good indication of their typical markup for the rooms they resell.

How do you get a chance for a PIN?

It's from Walt Disney World marketing. Random people are getting e-mails with offers. I don't know how you sign up for it. I think they got my e-mail address from my Disney Shopping account.

I got the video earlier this morning but ran out of time. I've tried clearing the cookies and everything else and nothing has worked. I'm going to try again at home and make up another new log in with a different email account at home tonight after erasing the cookies there too.

I swore I wasn't going to do this today. But it seems as if they are playing fair today and giving people a chance. It's just a random chance which is what it was supposed to be in the first place.

what do I need to do to clear my cookies?
With Internet Explorer, go to Tools then click Internet Options and then it's something like Delete temporary files, cookies, etc. . .

You'll have to reenter passwords at all sites like the DIS and such as it clears it all out.

SD has it posted that there were 2 7.5 minute sessions today.....meaing they should be done.

Then again, this is LMT we're talking about!

At 1:10pm I had a shot at work; had selected WL, but time ran out. I saw no clock, but had to watch 1 movie.

Just got home from work and had a second shot at about 1:50pm. Got the movie and the clock ticking down under a minute.

Again, this is EST. (I know DIS Server clocks may be off for some).

I have a theory: Maybe all IP addresses are getting a shot, but on a rolling schedule. I had read something earlier about "tokens"...who knows at this point.

EP

I got the video and was able to watch it and then by the time I got to select my hotel and then by the time I got to to the page for name and CC info time ran out:confused3 . I swear this is driving me crazy.
I did not clear my cookies.

I can't take much more of this. I got the video and then the clock said there was 4:45 left. I picked the Poly and it went ot a screen that said the offer was off.(i forget the exact words) I could scream!!!:sad1: :confused3

You know it's funny...I am sitting here now actually kind of happy that I didn't win....all of this nonsense is starting to freak me out a bit. And to tell the truth, I'm now a bit hesitant to even book if a timer did come up on my screen.

Between the bad BBB rating, the bank in India, the way they have jacked everyone around with the T&C, and the way many people have been "conveniently" entering their CC info and then immediately after, "convieniently" told that the time has expired...makes me wonder if a few months from now people are going to start getting wierd charges on their cards....or worse....getting charged double for this trip instead of getting it for free.

I'm not usually one to be cautious like this, but if they can't even handle their own promo...I don't know if I want them handling my CC. :sad2:

I keep telling myself I'm going to stop but like a moth drawn to a flame, I keep going back.

I feel the same way. I was all ready to give up until I got the video this morning. Of course I ran out of time. But seeing just sucked me back in.

a couple questions

those who have gotten to the video, were you logged in?

Also, if these are tied to IP addresses, are these specific to a computer or to a modem? so for instance, could I be "playing" on all 3 laptops in our house and get 3x the chances or would their system recognize we are all running off the same location?

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter