The New and Updated Port Orleans Riverside FAQ Thread for 2008 --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
So pretty much they did not increase room rates, too much, this year but they made most of the rooms preferred in one way or another???:rolleyes1

I may be in the minority with this opinion.... nor really knowing POR.. I am just going with my gut. We tend not to look out the window and enjoy the views anyway... which is why I have never paid to upgrade to preferred I guess... however we have only done value up to now. I feel that would almost prefer to have a parking lot view, as I would then know that I was closer to my vehicle... not so much of a walk to get my car!

We are taking my inlaws to DW the last week in October and staying at POR. We've stayed before but didn't look into carriage rides at all. We want to get them a carriage ride the night of their anniversary but have no idea what time since we'll be doing DTD and dinner out that night, I don't know when we'll be back to the resort. Is it typical to be able to just walk up and buy a ticket on spot? Or is it usually necessary to do reservations.
thanks! :goodvibes

FWIW, when I called and asked about preferred room locations, I was told some rooms in buildings 14, 15, 18 and 27 would carry that designation. When I asked if that meant all preferred rooms would be in AB, I was told that was true. I can't believe it is, and we all know that the answer to just about any question can vary from CM to CM, but I wanted to share what I was told.

FWIW, I upgraded to preferred and left in my request for building 14 or 18. :confused3

FWIW, when I called and asked about preferred room locations, I was told some rooms in buildings 14, 15, 18 and 27 would carry that designation. When I asked if that meant all preferred rooms would be in AB, I was told that was true. I can't believe it is, and we all know that the answer to just about any question can vary from CM to CM, but I wanted to share what I was told.

FWIW, I upgraded to preferred and left in my request for building 14 or 18. :confused3

Interesting, if it bears true.

We went last year in October and had reservations for a carriage ride, it was raining and cold that night. We cancelled right there and made reservations for the next night. We had our carriage ride and it was wonderful! There were people waiting when we came back, they were looking to see if there were any openings for that night and there were.

I see what you mean. The back side of the mansion building segments that are preferred could be the upsold rooms with a small surcharge more for the river facing side of those same segments. That I could understand.

Now if we can find an answer from a CM; that would be great!

I don't book my trip until I receive my tax return in February, so I will find out then. I love my spot in Oak Manor, but if I have to pay a little extra to stay there, it will be okay! Just a few less glasses of wine, I guess!

Can someone tell me if all the bayou rooms have trundle beds? Me and my mom are traveling with my 2 kids and I would like the trundle for my 6 yr old since she kicks when she sleeps

Thanks

Ok, 5 members of my family arrive at Port Orleans Riverside tomorrow afternoon (24th September). Is there anything I could do as a little surprise for them in their room. I know there's a Disney Florist but that's pretty expensive and beside that I'm in the UK so was hoping for something free! Thinking of a note or card, thing's of that nature?
Thanks!

Can someone tell me if all the bayou rooms have trundle beds? Me and my mom are traveling with my 2 kids and I would like the trundle for my 6 yr old since she kicks when she sleeps

Thanks

Hi Tinkermom76, not all of the Bayou rooms have trundle beds. The best thing to do is to make a request for a trundle bed when you make the reservation. My understanding is that Disney will only guarantee a trundle bed if you have a party of 5 (i.e. they have to put parties of 5 in a room with a trundle bed as rooms without a trundle bed are only rated for a maximum occupancy of 4, not counting a child under the age of 3 in a crib).

In my 16 visits to WDW, I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (formerly Dixie Landings) six times. One of those stays was in the Alligator Bayou section where some of the rooms have trundle beds. On reserving the room, I requested a trundle bed and was assigned a room with a trundle bed (we were a party of 4 at that time). So I think the odds are good that if you request a trundle bed you will get one, though as mentioned above it is not guaranteed if you are not a party of 5.

If you haven't stayed at Port Oreans Riverside previously, you are in for a treat as it is a great resort with beautiful landscaping, a river, and bridges.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1979 (Jun) Days Suites Kissimmee; 1991 (Aug-Sep) rental house; 1997 (May) Dixie Landings; 1998 (May) DxL & Poly; 1999 (July) Wilderness Lodge; 2000 (May) WL & DxL & Grand Floridian; 2002 (April) DxL; 2003 (May) Residence Inn LBV; 2004 (April) Villas at WL & Beach Club Villas; 2005 (Jan-Feb) Fort Wilderness Cabins & Royal Pacific & Hilton GVC; 2005 (May) Hampton Inn & DxL; 2006 (Jan) Ft.W Cabins & BCV; 2007 (March) POR; 2008 (Aug) Embassy Suites; 2009 (Dec) Homewood Suites LBV& WL

Hi Tinkermom76, not all of the Bayou rooms have trundle beds. The best thing to do is to make a request for a trundle bed when you make the reservation. My understanding is that Disney will only guarantee a trundle bed if you have a party of 5 (i.e. they have to put parties of 5 in a room with a trundle bed as rooms without a trundle bed are only rated for a maximum occupancy of 4, not counting a child under the age of 3 in a crib).

In my 16 visits to WDW, I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (formerly Dixie Landings) six times. One of those stays was in the Alligator Bayou section where some of the rooms have trundle beds. On reserving the room, I requested a trundle bed and was assigned a room with a trundle bed (we were a party of 4 at that time). So I think the odds are good that if you request a trundle bed you will get one, though as mentioned above it is not guaranteed if you are not a party of 5.

If you haven't stayed at Port Oreans Riverside previously, you are in for a treat as it is a great resort with beautiful landscaping, a river, and bridges.

Thank you, I will call today and put that request on my reservation.

I have not stayed there before and I am really looking forward to it.

Okay, so we have been to POR before, in 2005. Loved the resort but DH keeps complaining that he hated the transportation because it would take 1 hour to get anyplace. We stayed in the Mansions, Acadian House and always took a bus stop by our room, I want to say North Depot. If we get on at the main stop in front of the building, how long are we looking at in travel time between the resort and the parks? I know there is no real way to know how many stops the bus will make but he is very apprehensive because of our last trip.

We decided on POR for our Sept 2011 Hallowen trip:cool1:. We have not stay there since 2005. I am so excited, now I get a year to plan:cool1:, thats good and bad. I have to wait a whole year yikes!. Great things happen to people that wait, right? LOL:lmao:

Okay, so we have been to POR before, in 2005. Loved the resort but DH keeps complaining that he hated the transportation because it would take 1 hour to get anyplace. We stayed in the Mansions, Acadian House and always took a bus stop by our room, I want to say North Depot. If we get on at the main stop in front of the building, how long are we looking at in travel time between the resort and the parks? I know there is no real way to know how many stops the bus will make but he is very apprehensive because of our last trip.
This is an issue at any resort if you are using Disney's transportation. You may be closer to some parks than others. But even if you're on a monorail resort, it may take a long time to get to AK, for example. You're close to DTD, but not to a park.

The only way to avoid this issue is to rent a car.

This is an issue at any resort if you are using Disney's transportation. You may be closer to some parks than others. But even if you're on a monorail resort, it may take a long time to get to AK, for example. You're close to DTD, but not to a park.

The only way to avoid this issue is to rent a car.

The funny thing with DH is that we have stayed at CSR, Pop, and ASMu. Did not complain at any other resort, only POR. But POR is where we stayed our very first trip and I am not sure if he remembers it as being long because we had no other experience or if it really was longer there. I was looking for an estimate of how long it takes to get to each park but I am having a hard time finding that. Any experience on which bus stop has the shortest waits, or is it just luck of the draw?

Are any of the Alligator Bayou rooms close to the main building?

Yes, 14, 15, and 18 are very close, with 27 also being close as well.

However, if you are booking for next year, these rooms will now become a preferred category and you will pay extra for being close to the main building/food court/bus transportation/marina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter