The Most Expensive Free Trip Ever - TR Link is Up! Pg. 164

Good choice on making more time for World Showcase. I'm trying to do this for our trip in April as well. Don't worry about rambling. No matter what you write, they'll be thousands of readers ready and waiting to comment :thumbsup2 We'll also help with your planning! :)

I think you're still way ahead of the game planning wise. In your head at least, you've got a loose idea of what you'd like to do and what you'll be up against.

the variables

1) snow days
2) meals with PChefs peeps.
3) ADRs

As far as being into your 180 day period already w/o all your ADRs, if the economy was booming, then I'd be worried. However, things such as they are..I think you're good for another month or two before things start filling up.

Welcome, er I mean :welcome: MaryAz!

Jumping in. I am on day 4 of ur TR. Great pics, good writing. I also know the Pimp but found ya myself. Sorry Jordo, can't collect ur fee LOL :rotfl2:
My hubby likes PChef items, good luck with the planning.

Glad you're enjoying the currently-in-progress TR.

Your hubby's all right in my book.

I love that. That sounds like my brain. Except it doesn't even know what it doesn't know, nor does it know it's issues!

I like to think I know what I don't know, ya know?

We LOVED HDDR! Highly recommend it.

Okay, that's good to hear. I think my kids are at an age that they'll love it too.

I can relate to the ADR stress. Granted I'm still 2 months out but then if our dates change...aack!

I think we'll be fine. I just feel behind where I was last time -- before my ADR window opened I had every restaurant and time planned, and was on the phone the minute the reservation office opened. I got everything I wanted, and never changed a thing (except cancelling Whispering Canyon during the trip).

CSR has rooms that sleep 5, don't they? That's always the issue for us. 'cept we are 6, which is worse. Granted any time I have tried to actually BOOK one, they were not available.

Maybe? But last year when we added POR, the CM said that the only Moderate that could sleep 5 was POR. And I've never known a CM to give out bad information. ;) Maybe we'll be able to keep 5 in a room...that'd be good. :crowded: but good.

:confused3Who cares if it turns into a novel! :laughing: That's the beauty of it being your PTR! :banana: You can say as little or as much as you want. Sounds like you like to "talk" out your ideas/thoughts, I'm the same way. So talk away! :chat:

Not usually. I'd probably rather work it all out and then just lay it out there, here it is. But "worked-out" is not the state of things right now!

As for your ADR's being made one day at a time....if your worried you won't get the one's you want because of it.....don't! I've discovered when I made mine last month, it was a piece of cake! I think it's not caught on yet you can make them 180 days out again. In fact I was able to make one a day or two later for Cindy's Royal Table, and a I think it was a week after I made one for Le Cellier. These are all suppose to be impossible to get even in the same day your 180 days open.

Update on ADR's for the hardest places to book in May: They're all still available at the times people want them the most. So no worries. :woohoo:If I can still get them for May, I'm thinking you can get them for June.

I think you're right.

YOu may call it an amorphous mass, but I think you're a fair bit ahead of the rest of us were this far out. I wouldn't worry too much about ADRs- you;ll get some good stuff! I wouldn't even worry about Hoop!

Thanks. Now Hoop I'll be able to book a little more than 180 days out. Once I hit 180 days from the Kidani reservation I can bok 180 +7 :thumbsup2. But right now I'm day to day.

So what if Judy doesn't get her last recruit?? Is this going to be a problem??

Those excl. events sound fun! Enjoy those!

Yeah, that would be a problem....no PChef portion of the trip. We'd rebook our Kidani stay to be Standard View rather than Savannah View (I forgot to mention that in my intro. :woohoo:) and have to borrow points from the next year's alottment.

But, no need, it's a done deal now. The recruit has reached the requirements, but the system won't show it as a recruit until after the month closes.

I think it's really smart to upgrade those PChef tickets. :thumbsup2 It's always nice to have tickets for the next trip just waiting to go.

Gotta plan ahead!

I'm just thinking out loud so forgive me if I've totally missed your point here ;)...but can you just hang on to the PChef tickets until your next trip to use or upgrade? I think they only expire after you have used them once, so if you don't use them at all you won't have to add the non expiring option. :yay:

Don't apologize, you might be right -- I'm no expert (is there one?) on Disney ticketing practices. But now that you mention it, I think I have heard that. I wonder where I can find out for sure. That'll save me about $100 per ticket! I'm glad you're the one who brought this to my attention....some people would want a cut, but I know that you're happy to help just out of the goodness of your heart. :littleangel:

Good choice on making more time for World Showcase. I'm trying to do this for our trip in April as well. Don't worry about rambling. No matter what you write, they'll be thousands of readers ready and waiting to comment :thumbsup2 We'll also help with your planning! :)

Before you posted I was feeling a lot of pressure, but now I realize that that was just silly. ;)

I think you're still way ahead of the game planning wise. In your head at least, you've got a loose idea of what you'd like to do and what you'll be up against.

the variables

1) snow days
2) meals with PChefs peeps.
3) ADRs

As far as being into your 180 day period already w/o all your ADRs, if the economy was booming, then I'd be worried. However, things such as they are..I think you're good for another month or two before things start filling up.

I think you're right, we're in decent shape planning-wise.

And, I talked to Judy about some of these issues (what a great idea :idea: huh?) and she is in total agreement with me:

- stay far away from MK on PChef EMH day
- book the ADRs we want now and worry about other peeps' plans later

Sounds like I got the green light to start planning, right?

Mmmmmm Biergarten! Always a must for me! ::yes::
You should have no problem with your ADR's....when I made my May reservations it was easy peasy and then I even went back and tweaked a few due to my brilliant idea to arrive a day early. :rotfl:

Tracy

I got an evening ADR for Biergarten. We did it last year, but it was a big hit with the family.

One down!
I really want to visit this place next time. The food pictures from your TR are amazing *is there a drooling smiley?*

Sharing the table could be an issue (not for me but for my traveling buddies), did you share the table last time?

I think you'll be fine on the ADR's now that it's at 180 days and your plan of EMH PC avoidance seems sound! That is great info on the park tickets, I hope that works out so you can just save them. I am pretty sure that is right, but definitely double check!

CSR actually has 3 different suite options that sleep 6, but I think getting 2 rooms may actually be cheaper!

Hoop De Doo scares you? Why? Most people report that it's a good time, and I was looking for a good "last night" event.

I think it's all about the way the bears look. Seems creepy. Plus I'm not really into that "yee-haw, hoedown!" stuff. But hey, if you like it than by all means, enjoy!

I'd have to agree that you got the green-light from Judy to start planning. :thumbsup2

Mmmmmm Biergarten! Always a must for me! ::yes::
You should have no problem with your ADR's....when I made my May reservations it was easy peasy and then I even went back and tweaked a few due to my brilliant idea to arrive a day early. :rotfl:

Tracy

Yes, we really liked Biergarten. It's the one place my son James wanted to back to, and my wife said it was her favorite meal, after Boma.

Tribilín;34682033 said:
I really want to visit this place next time. The food pictures from your TR are amazing *is there a drooling smiley?*

Sharing the table could be an issue (not for me but for my traveling buddies), did you share the table last time?

I don't think there is a drooling smiley, but there should be, I'd get a lot of use out of it. :laughing:

We had an older couple join our table after we got started. It wasn't an issue at all. We had a nice chat with them. :chat: They were from Texas, but the wife was originally from Germany so she spoke to the waiter in German. The husband took this picture for us:

img_0717.jpg

That's definitely my interpretation.

We're rollin' now.

I think you'll be fine on the ADR's now that it's at 180 days and your plan of EMH PC avoidance seems sound! That is great info on the park tickets, I hope that works out so you can just save them. I am pretty sure that is right, but definitely double check!

CSR actually has 3 different suite options that sleep 6, but I think getting 2 rooms may actually be cheaper!

Thanks for the info. on CSR. We'll probably have to work through that with the trip planning people that PChef uses.

I'd have to agree that you got the green-light from Judy to start planning. :thumbsup2

I've solidified my plans a little more for the first few days. :)

mmmmmmmm german food sausage and kraute,

i am thinking my dad will def. want to eat here, we always did growing up we love the food there.

Wunderphoto!! Nice!

And you know we can't wait for those!

Wunderphoto :rotfl2: Great choice of words for a Biergarten pic.

I know you're waiting to hear how the plans are coming....going to have trouble finding the time to make a post (other than replys) in the next few days....lots of Christmas activities.

mmmmmmmm german food sausage and kraute,

i am thinking my dad will def. want to eat here, we always did growing up we love the food there.

Good stick-to-your-ribs carnivore food!

Sauerkraut.....:love:

me too.....but sadly it doesn't like me.

I was a little worried about sitting with strangers at Biergarten, but we've been 3 times and met some wonderful people.

I followed your link from the Dis Dads club thread, sounds like a good time. I'm subbed and ready to read. popcorn::

My boys were 7 and 9 at the time we saw HDDR last year and loved it, we all had a great time and the food was pretty good, I think you guys will like it.:thumbsup2

Sauerkraut.....:love:

OOOOOOoooooooo, Sauerkraaaaauuuuttttt (Zappa fans, anyone?) ;)

me too.....but sadly it doesn't like me.

You are all invited over to our house on New Year's day for sauerkraut, kielbasa, pork, and mashed potatoes. My mom gives us her homemade kraut, which we'll pick up over Christmas, and then Judy will slow cook everything on New Year's day. It is sooo darned good that every year we say, "why do we only do this one day a year?!" So we usually do it again a couple of weeks later, and then never eat it again until the next New Year's.

jenbear, sorry I don't get the Zappa reference. :sad2: Is that Zappa, as in Frank, as in Mothers of Invention?

I was a little worried about sitting with strangers at Biergarten, but we've been 3 times and met some wonderful people.

Most people are very friendly and happy to talk about what they've seen and done. It's definitely easy to come up with things to talk about..."So, what parks have you been to?" "What's your favorite ride?" "Any restaurants to recommend?" "Are you going to eat that?"

Glad to have you aboard, DisneyDaddy-O and :welcome:

I followed your link from the Dis Dads club thread, sounds like a good time. I'm subbed and ready to read. popcorn::

My boys were 7 and 9 at the time we saw HDDR last year and loved it, we all had a great time and the food was pretty good, I think you guys will like it.:thumbsup2

I'm sure we will too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter