The Most Expensive Free Trip Ever - TR Link is Up! Pg. 164

:welcome: to Krissy04, manntra, and FauntleroyFAN07!!!

:dance3:

I'm in too! Love the title...and you didn't even have to pay for this one ;)

Thanks for coming over from the last one Krissy. Nice catch -- the title will be one non-expensive item!

Hi there! :wave: Over from Jordan's report...how could I not listen to a pimp wearing a blue suit with a pink shirt? :laughing: Or was it the feathered boa?

And I see we are DVC neighbors :goodvibes Love AKV :thumbsup2

Tracy

Yes, you gotta listen to someone dressed like that...I don't know if I'd always take their advice, but you can't help but hear what they have to say.

Yes, I am a big AKV fan and love that we can claim a little piece of it!

fauntleroy is in the house.
:banana:

Yeah! Good to have you here Dan! I followed the adventures of that little flirting toddler of yours and I'm looking forward to your PTR that should be opening up at any moment.

Yeah! Good to have you here Dan! I followed the adventures of that little flirting toddler of yours and I'm looking forward to your PTR that should be opening up at any moment.
thanks,

if i get the first chapter finished, it should be today sometime.

So....what Disney planning thoughts are floating around in my head that I can update you with? It seems like so many things are "to be determined".

Update on earning the PChef trip

As of now, Judy should have met all the requirements to earn the trip. :woohoo: This year (and maybe last year, I forget) consultants have to reach a certain number of points (you get points for sales, recruiting, promoting, etc.) and have a certain number of recruits. She is actually over in points, but needed one more recruit (who had to meet minimum sales to count as "qualified"). So, we're good to go there.

We're watching the progress of a couple of ladies under Judy in the hierarchy. One, is in a similar situation as Judy was, so we'll have to see. She has five kids, so assuming she earns it, that's the family we'll probably be splitting an extra hotel room with. The other, appears to be too far away points-wise to make it. It's actually very sad because they've got a couple of boys who are the perfect age to go and I was so looking forward to seeing them experience WDW for the first time. She had more than enough recruits, but is short in points, and there's just not enough time left in the year. That's one problem with these incentive trips, if you don't make it it can be very de-motivating.

When to arrive?

The DVC portion of the trip is booked, set in stone. And the PChef portion has specific days too, but they begin on a Sunday. We still have Annual Passes from last year's trip that'll be good for while we're there, so why not show up on Saturday? Wait, hold the phone! I saw that there's a 5K run at the Animal Kingdom on that Saturday, I'd love to do that....so, fly in on Friday? Um, Friday is the last day of school. And there are no "snow days" built into the calendar, so the last day of school could actually be during the PChef portion of the trip. It better not be!

Arriving on Saturday looks like the most likely scenario right now, while crossing our fingers for no snow days, or forgiveness to miss the last day of school if it gets extended. But even that could add another hotel room change to our already split-stay trip.

Tickets

I think this is one area I've got figured out. Now, you astute readers I'm sure noticed that I mentioned above that we have Annual Passes, but in my introductory post said that we'd be upgrading tickets. :confused3 Well, as part of the trip package we'll receive 3-day tickets, but I doubt that they're non-expiring, PChef probably wouldn't pay for that when they're intended to be used right then. So, my plan is to use our Annual Passes while we're there, but upgrade the tickets we get from PChef to add the non-expiration option, and to add some days for use next time. ;)

Park Plan

I wanted to include some park plan info. in this post, but I'm not where I can access it at the moment, so it'll have to wait. But, I can tell you that by looking at the park hours that were recently issued, I got it down to a choice of two parks for each day. But I have no idea how much touring Judy will want to do with her consultant friends, so the whole thing could be up in the air. Not a good thing, for a planner like me. Times a'wastin'!!

ADRs

This is the scariest. Actually, our ADR window for the PChef portion of the trip opens today, but we don't have reservations made yet because PChef won't do that until the incentive earning period closes. But it doesn't matter anyway, because I don't have the park plan done. Our ADR window for the Kidani portion of the trip opens Friday, but again, I don't have a plan! I think I want to do Hoop de doo for our last night, to go out with something special, but other than that, I don't know yet.

Well there you have it -- a look inside my brain, and the amorphous mass of unknowns and issues it contains.

Link to next chapter

So, are you with the other pchef people the whole time or can you do your own thing?

Signing on! First off :woohoo: for the table of contents. LOVE those. Sounds like it could shape up to be quite an adventure! popcorn::

So, are you with the other pchef people the whole time or can you do your own thing?

You can totally do your own thing. There will be exclusive EMH one day, I'm pretty sure Monday, at MK. (I pity the poor people who show up for rope drop at the regular opening time that day.) But it'll be a madhouse, it's amazing how many PChef people and family members will be there. So, I'm thinking we may go elsewhere. Then, there'll be a dinner at an exclusive evening at AK, on Tuesday.

But Judy will probably at least want to do some meals with friends.

Wow you're brain is FULL of plans! You just need to iron out the kinks to finally come out with a solid plan. Why so scared about ADRs? I'm sure you'll still end up with some good choices.... except Hoop De doo kinda scares me :scared::laughing:

Wow you're brain is FULL of plans! You just need to iron out the kinks to finally come out with a solid plan. Why so scared about ADRs? I'm sure you'll still end up with some good choices.... except Hoop De doo kinda scares me :scared::laughing:

....full of somethin'. Hoop De Doo scares you? Why? Most people report that it's a good time, and I was looking for a good "last night" event.

We're 180 days out from Sunday, June 13th, so I took a look at the park hours and decided to book something for the evening at Epcot -- I'd like to do a little more touring around the World Showcase this year. I got an evening ADR for Biergarten. We did it last year, but it was a big hit with the family.

One down!

Wow I am sure glad I got here fairly early... This one is going to be book long in no time at all! :thumbsup2

:welcome: MomsOf2boys!

Wow I am sure glad I got here fairly early... This one is going to be book long in no time at all! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you got here early too. It's only getting long because I'm rambling and having trouble making decisions. And at this point I can only make ADRs one day at a time.

a look inside my brain, and the amorphous mass of unknowns and issues it contains.

I love that. That sounds like my brain. Except it doesn't even know what it doesn't know, nor does it know it's issues!

We LOVED HDDR! Highly recommend it.

I can relate to the ADR stress. Granted I'm still 2 months out but then if our dates change...aack!

CSR has rooms that sleep 5, don't they? That's always the issue for us. 'cept we are 6, which is worse. Granted any time I have tried to actually BOOK one, they were not available.

[

Jumping in. I am on day 4 of ur TR. Great pics, good writing. I also know the Pimp but found ya myself. Sorry Jordo, can't collect ur fee LOL :rotfl2:
My hubby likes PChef items, good luck with the planning.

We're 180 days out from Sunday, June 13th, so I took a look at the park hours and decided to book something for the evening at Epcot -- I'd like to do a little more touring around the World Showcase this year. I got an evening ADR for Biergarten. We did it last year, but it was a big hit with the family.
One down!
I'm with ya here, I also didn't get to do much touring of the World Showcase last time I was there. You made a good choice. :thumbsup2

It's only getting long because I'm rambling and having trouble making decisions. And at this point I can only make ADRs one day at a time.
:confused3Who cares if it turns into a novel! :laughing: That's the beauty of it being your PTR! :banana: You can say as little or as much as you want. Sounds like you like to "talk" out your ideas/thoughts, I'm the same way. So talk away! :chat:
As for your ADR's being made one day at a time....if your worried you won't get the one's you want because of it.....don't! I've discovered when I made mine last month, it was a piece of cake! I think it's not caught on yet you can make them 180 days out again. In fact I was able to make one a day or two later for Cindy's Royal Table, and a I think it was a week after I made one for Le Cellier. These are all suppose to be impossible to get even in the same day your 180 days open.

Update on ADR's for the hardest places to book in May: They're all still available at the times people want them the most. So no worries. :woohoo:If I can still get them for May, I'm thinking you can get them for June.

YOu may call it an amorphous mass, but I think you're a fair bit ahead of the rest of us were this far out. I wouldn't worry too much about ADRs- you;ll get some good stuff! I wouldn't even worry about Hoop!

So what if Judy doesn't get her last recruit?? Is this going to be a problem??

Those excl. events sound fun! Enjoy those!

I think it's really smart to upgrade those PChef tickets. :thumbsup2 It's always nice to have tickets for the next trip just waiting to go.

I'm just thinking out loud so forgive me if I've totally missed your point here ;)...but can you just hang on to the PChef tickets until your next trip to use or upgrade? I think they only expire after you have used them once, so if you don't use them at all you won't have to add the non expiring option. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter