The Most Expensive Free Trip Ever - TR Link is Up! Pg. 164

thanks i will add it to our planning calander, i made one up today that is all printed out it is 24*36 inch big, with all the times of the parks typed in and color coded for ease of use...i made 2 one we can mark up like crazy and hte other we can make it nice so i can retype it and take it with us.
:thumbsup2

I do mine in a spreadsheet. I'd post it on here if I knew an easy way to do it other than taking an actual picture of it. Anyone know if there's a way to "print" to a jpeg file.

LOVE THE TREE....

Thanks.

The Plan looks good so far! Good job on the tree. No "Timber!"'s out of me. My own tree is barely hanging on...don't want to risk it paying back. :thumbsup2

Thank you.

We put a screw eye into the baseboard behind it and tied some string from the screw eye to the tree...just to keep it from thinking about leaning.

We have that expression in my house!

:rotfl:

I'm sure you do! :laughing:

I LOVE the picture James took, it is so REAL! Happy happy picture. A framer.

Plans look fabu so far

Thanks.

I SO hear you there. I was this close to the deposit on our April DLR trip and decided it would really be prudent to just put it on the 7 day hold and wait a week to actually put the deposit down in case the Disney Visa bursts into flames in the next 7 days....

It could happen.

I know. I'm afraid to even check the balance online.

:lmao: Cindy! I'm thinkin your going to have some points to use while in the "world" this spring or summer. :laughing: I love it...."burst into flames."

Good point...my Disney Visa is on its way to paying for a couple of meals also.

Those are 3 Big winners right in a row!!!

Boma
Wave
HDDR!!

Excellent line-up!!

Hubba, hubba on the Wave for 2~;)

Your "hubba hubba" cracked me up. It'll probably be a better date than the one I described in a post on Cynthia's thread a little while ago....we went to a movie theater but the movie we wanted to see was sold out and we weren't too thrilled with the other choices, so ended up walking around Home Depot (and at the time I didn't know enough to nab any LGMHs).

Good choice on The Wave! Have you eaten there before? Hope your experience will be as good as ours was. Try the Sorbet for dessert. It's heavenly :cloud9:

About going to get my x-mas tree, I'll be posting about it on my PTR.

No, I've never eaten there. Your post and some others have convinced me to try it. I'm sure the sorbet is good, but I usually can't pass up the chocolate desserts.

popcorn:: on the Christmas tree post.

I love the picture James took! You all look like you're having a great time.

The tree looks great....obviously it's more obedient than mine.

:lmao: Cindy! I'm thinkin your going to have some points to use while in the "world" this spring or summer. :laughing: I love it...."burst into flames."

Yep, it's called the kid souvenir fund

I do mine in a spreadsheet. I'd post it on here if I knew an easy way to do it other than taking an actual picture of it. Anyone know if there's a way to "print" to a jpeg file.

I convert/export to pdf and then convert/eport the pdf to a jpeg I'm sure there is an easier way but I don't know what it is. Alternatively you could take a screen shot of it, copy it into whatever photo editing software you have, crop out the screen and then save as.

Neither being the most efficient of options but they do work.

I convert/export to pdf and then convert/eport the pdf to a jpeg I'm sure there is an easier way but I don't know what it is. Alternatively you could take a screen shot of it, copy it into whatever photo editing software you have, crop out the screen and then save as.

Thanks! I thought you might know the answer to that question. :thumbsup2

I love the picture James took! You all look like you're having a great time.

The tree looks great....obviously it's more obedient than mine.

Thank you! Yes, we had a good time. But it was particularly funny to just see a lens poking through James' gloves. I really don't know how he was able to take the picture.

The tree has a little extra insurance of a piece of string attached running from the tree to an eye screw in the baseboard. It's not enough to actually hold it up, but it might keep it from starting to lean. I'm glad we have that extra insurance with all of the tree-disaster stories I'm hearing this year.

OMG! That's exactly what would end up happening to us. Over "here" there are no restaurants worth going to, so we just don't go on dates- ever. My cooking is just better than what you can get here, so I cook, we get some wine, and we put the kids to bed early. We end up talking. Hubba hubba.

OMG! That's exactly what would end up happening to us. Over "here" there are no restaurants worth going to, so we just don't go on dates- ever. My cooking is just better than what you can get here, so I cook, we get some wine, and we put the kids to bed early. We end up talking. Hubba hubba.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That sounds like my kinda date.

Thanks! I thought you might know the answer to that question. :thumbsup2

Sorry to pipe in on this conversation but yes, that would be the easiest way to do it. I'm assuming you're using Excel for your spreadsheet so you'll just export as PDF. Open the PDF in Adobe or Foxit Reader (whichever program you might be using to view PDF's) Take a screen shot (Print Screen on keyboard) Open Paint then go Edit>Paste and crop it to your liking. Then save it as a jpeg! You could also use a safe, free online software which will do the whole conversion process for you. Go to www.zamzar.com, choose the PDF you want to convert (it has to be less than 100MB), select "Convert to: JPG", enter your e-mail address (don't worry they don't spam you, I have used this site on multiple occasions) and voila! It's now a JPEG! Hope this helps.....

I'm glad we have that extra insurance with all of the tree-disaster stories I'm hearing this year.

Please elaborate popcorn::

Sorry to pipe in on this conversation but yes, that would be the easiest way to do it. I'm assuming you're using Excel for your spreadsheet so you'll just export as PDF. Open the PDF in Adobe or Foxit Reader (whichever program you might be using to view PDF's) Take a screen shot (Print Screen on keyboard) Open Paint then go Edit>Paste and crop it to your liking. Then save it as a jpeg! You could also use a safe, free online software which will do the whole conversion process for you. Go to www.zamzar.com, choose the PDF you want to convert (it has to be less than 100MB), select "Convert to: JPG", enter your e-mail address (don't worry they don't spam you, I have used this site on multiple occasions) and voila! It's now a JPEG! Hope this helps.....

In the free online version of photoshop you can upload the pdf and do a save as there as well. I confess I do it all in with the full version of acrobat )not reader but acrobat) so it's a quick 2 step process (I just open the pdf and then choose export as) without any photo editing so it really just depends on what software you've got already to figure out the quickest way to do it.

As an fyi some of these will also give you the option to export or save as a gif, tiff or png if preferred. I know acrobat will take a multi page pdf and export it as single page jpegs so just be prepared for multiple files when you do it.

TIMBER stories may be found on my PTR, Winkers PTR (or TR but I think it's on her PTR) and yikes, there is at least one more I just read recently.
Glenbo said:
The tree has a little extra insurance of a piece of string attached running from the tree to an eye screw in the baseboard. It's not enough to actually hold it up, but it might keep it from starting to lean. I'm glad we have that extra insurance with all of the tree-disaster stories I'm hearing this year.

This has me :rotfl2:

For years my dad had our tree wired to the ceiling. I bet the eye screw is still there that he tied the thing up to.

Thanks jenbear. I may check it out here at home (I'm off for 2 weeks :woohoo:), but more likely I'll do it at work where I have a professional version of Acrobat.

Cynthia (eandesmom) mentioned the ones I saw:
winkers and then there's another story on page 28 of that thread
eandesmom

This has me :rotfl2:

For years my dad had our tree wired to the ceiling. I bet the eye screw is still there that he tied the thing up to.

This is our first live tree in this house (been here 10 years - I think I mentioned it had been a long time since we've had a real tree) so we had to put a screw eye in this year. The original is probably still in our first house.

In the free online version of photoshop you can upload the pdf and do a save as there as well. I confess I do it all in with the full version of acrobat )not reader but acrobat) so it's a quick 2 step process (I just open the pdf and then choose export as) without any photo editing so it really just depends on what software you've got already to figure out the quickest way to do it.

As an fyi some of these will also give you the option to export or save as a gif, tiff or png if preferred. I know acrobat will take a multi page pdf and export it as single page jpegs so just be prepared for multiple files when you do it.
Having Creative Suite envy again. :sad2: That would have been MUCH easier. For my TR, I tried several things, then finally took a screen shot of the spreadsheet (ALT + Print Screen), pasted it into MS Paint, used the sizing squares to crop it to just the section that I wanted, then saved it.

Excellent ADR choices.....of course Boma is a staple :laughing: and I am happy you are trying The Wave. I think it is a really underrated restaurant but a lot of people seem to be giving it a try. I really think the food is outstanding and there are some really interesting drink choices. ::yes::

Tracy

Having Creative Suite envy again. :sad2: That would have been MUCH easier. For my TR, I tried several things, then finally took a screen shot of the spreadsheet (ALT + Print Screen), pasted it into MS Paint, used the sizing squares to crop it to just the section that I wanted, then saved it.

Sounds like another option, if all else fails. Thanks.

Excellent ADR choices.....of course Boma is a staple :laughing: and I am happy you are trying The Wave. I think it is a really underrated restaurant but a lot of people seem to be giving it a try. I really think the food is outstanding and there are some really interesting drink choices. ::yes::

Tracy

Boma is a staple for us too. We've eaten there multiple times and love it. Yes, I've seen several good reviews on The Wave...I don't think I've seen a bad review yet.

Glad to see Boma is way high up on some lists. I don't think I've ever seen a bad rev. on that one either. Now, for those of you going with the Wave- can any of you compare it to Cal. Grill?? Differences? Atmosphere? Etc...

Glad to see Boma is way high up on some lists. I don't think I've ever seen a bad rev. on that one either. Now, for those of you going with the Wave- can any of you compare it to Cal. Grill?? Differences? Atmosphere? Etc...

I'll let you know after feb.:thumbsup2

Well, there are a lot of people who think the food is too....something (exotic, spicy, adventurous -- yes, that's it). I disagree, but to each their own, right? Plus, there are all kinds of standard fare items for kids, or the less adventurous, so you don't have to worry about going hungry. And being a buffet, it's a great opportunity to try some new things without fear of selecting a whole entree that you find you don't like.

Oh, Boma was the hardest restaurant for me to book at the 180 day mark (late in the day though, shamefully). I was trying for a 7:30 pm reservation and the closest times were 7:05 or 8:10. So, it's popular.

I've never eaten at Cali Grill, but I'd be interested to see any responses to your question.

I'll let you know after feb.:thumbsup2

But will you make us wait for you to get to that point in your TR? :laughing: I mean, it could be a while before you get past the stories of peeps and drunks and people sleeping on benches and bathroom reviews and.....

Well, there are a lot of people who think the food is too....something (exotic, spicy, adventurous -- yes, that's it). I disagree, but to each their own, right? Plus, there are all kinds of standard fare items for kids, or the less adventurous, so you don't have to worry about going hungry. And being a buffet, it's a great opportunity to try some new things without fear of selecting a whole entree that you find you don't like.

Oh, Boma was the hardest restaurant for me to book at the 180 day mark (late in the day though, shamefully). I was trying for a 7:30 pm reservation and the closest times were 7:05 or 8:10. So, it's popular.

I've never eaten at Cali Grill, but I'd be interested to see any responses to your question.

But will you make us wait for you to get to that point in your TR? :laughing: I mean, it could be a while before you get past the stories of peeps and drunks and people sleeping on benches and bathroom reviews and.....

Yours was the response I was doing when the boards went down. I hate that!

Well, then thank God I'm not in charge of making our ADRs. That'd just stresst he poop out of me! maroo will be so much better at that than me!

Yeah, waiting for it in Jordy's report might take a fair bit of time!! He throws in so much other good stuff; I mean who'd have ever thunk it that the bathrooms in Camp Minnie would be so alluring??! But then again, I'm not one to spend enough time in there to take note; I guess guys "take their time"? :confused3

Yours was the response I was doing when the boards went down. I hate that!

It was getting pretty late for me in this time zone, so when the boards went down, that was it for me for the night.

Well, then thank God I'm not in charge of making our ADRs. That'd just stresst he poop out of me! maroo will be so much better at that than me!

Yeah, waiting for it in Jordy's report might take a fair bit of time!! He throws in so much other good stuff; I mean who'd have ever thunk it that the bathrooms in Camp Minnie would be so alluring??! But then again, I'm not one to spend enough time in there to take note; I guess guys "take their time"? :confused3

I don't usually take too much time in an unfamiliar restroom....now home can be a different story...:rolleyes1

I found this funniest EVER cheezeburgers cat one, that has this cat slamming his paw down on the keyboard with a scream on his face. The caption says "Load you Piece of C#$&. LOAD!!!!" I so felt like that last night!!!

Unfortunately, even with Cherie's help I could get it to paste into my thread. I'm needing some tech help- I think I'll PM Cynthia!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter