The Masked Singer- No Spoilers Please

The rabbit could be Justin Timberlake or JC Chasez. One of the clues was “training for this their whole life” and both were in The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

I just finished watching the first episode and tuned in to catch the end of the 2nd episode. (Will have to see the 2 animals I missed later.)

Unless they disguise the singing too, not just the speaking voice, I don't think the Peacock sounds like Donny Osmond. A lot of the song was a bit too low for Donny. I know every nuance of Donny's voice and I saw him on Broadway a few years ago when he sang other stuff than his usual Donny & Marie stuff. And he wasn't really "friends" with Michael Jackson. They performed during the same time, but barely knew each other. In an interview, Donny famously said that one time, years later, he ran into MJ and he asked him how he could get his career back. MJ said, "Donny, it's your name. You have to change your name."

I'm wondering about Macaulay Culkin. According to Wiki, his first TV appearance was when he was 5 in a TV movie. He had that poster from Home Alone, though he was a bit young to be goggled over, he may have been on some young girls' walls as a young crush. He had a band for a few years till 2016. Last year, he launched a comedy website doing parodies. So he has been making some sort of a comeback.

Most of all, he very much was a close friend of Michael Jackson. He was one of the few celebs who was allowed to attend MJ's funeral.

Wild guess, but for the Unicorn, I thought of Rashida Jones, Quincy Jones' daughter. I remember she did an interview on Oprah. She said she never sang herself, because was surrounded all the time by so many incredible musicians & singers with such incredible talents. She always felt intimidated by all of them.

As for the Lion, no way is that a Kardashian. None of them have any talent. If they had any, they would have used that to become famous. The Lion can sing. She said she was part of a pride of women. That doesn't necessarily mean they are her sisters. It could be part of some group, organization, team, big cast TV show with many women. etc.

I think NPH is too big a star to do this two bit show. I think we will see B and C listers, not A listers. Just my hunch.

We actually don't know the level of people they will get. Ryan Reynolds showed up on The Masked Singer in the Japanese version and it went viral. So, other big stars may want to do it too, hoping for the same response on social media.

Apparently, The Monster was shunned by society or something based on what was said.

I'm wondering if it isn't one of the guys from Milli Vanilli. One of them is dead. The other one of did try to sing on his own after that lip syncing fiasco. But, he was still being shunned and not given any chance (or vocal lessons.)

I also thought of Vanilla Ice. People kind of turned their back on him after it turned out, Ice Ice Baby, had been plagiarized and Vanilla Ice still denied it, although it was so evident after hearing the original song by Queen & David Bowie. He was also getting into trouble with a lot of rappers. So, he just fizzled away.

I, too, though Joey Fatone for the Rabbit.

The panel on this show drives me crazy! They don’t listen to the clues and take them into account. Especially the Raven..they clearly said they had suffered a loss and were now trying to come into the spotlight.

Who was the one who said they overcame a life threatening illness? Was that Tommy Chong or someone else? The Michigan license plate didn’t mean anything either..he’s Canadian lol

Tina Turner as the bee would be amazing!

I just finished watching the first episode and tuned in to catch the end of the 2nd episode. (Will have to see the 2 animals I missed later.)

Unless they disguise the singing too, not just the speaking voice, I don't think the Peacock sounds like Donny Osmond. A lot of the song was a bit too low for Donny. I know every nuance of Donny's voice and I saw him on Broadway a few years ago when he sang other stuff than his usual Donny & Marie stuff. And he wasn't really "friends" with Michael Jackson. They performed during the same time, but barely knew each other. In an interview, Donny famously said that one time, years later, he ran into MJ and he asked him how he could get his career back. MJ said, "Donny, it's your name. You have to change your name."

I'm wondering about Macaulay Culkin. According to Wiki, his first TV appearance was when he was 5 in a TV movie. He had that poster from Home Alone, though he was a bit young to be goggled over, he may have been on some young girls' walls as a young crush. He had a band for a few years till 2016. Last year, he launched a comedy website doing parodies. So he has been making some sort of a comeback.

Most of all, he very much was a close friend of Michael Jackson. He was one of the few celebs who was allowed to attend MJ's funeral.

Wild guess, but for the Unicorn, I thought of Rashida Jones, Quincy Jones' daughter. I remember she did an interview on Oprah. She said she never sang herself, because was surrounded all the time by so many incredible musicians & singers with such incredible talents. She always felt intimidated by all of them.

As for the Lion, no way is that a Kardashian. None of them have any talent. If they had any, they would have used that to become famous. The Lion can sing. She said she was part of a pride of women. That doesn't necessarily mean they are her sisters. It could be part of some group, organization, team, big cast TV show with many women. etc.

Not sure whether or not it’s Donny. But he has quite a range in his voice. I have been listening to him for a lot of years. But parts of it may be a little low for him, this is true.

As for the friends with MJ. They were friends not just performed together. Donny tried to help Michael and offered for him and his kids to go to Provo to stay with him for awhile. They weren’t seen together a lot like Diana Ross or Macaulay but from interviews with both of them, they talked a lot.

I don’t know a lot about Macaulay. Does he play the piano and how old was he when he started performing?

I don’t think there is a Kardashian in the bunch either.

I really wanted to hate this show, but I can't. I find myself watching and speculating for the entire hour. Anyway, here's my thoughts:

Peacock: I initially thought its David Copperfield but Donny is a good fit too.
The Raven: Ricki Lake, hands down. The voice matched and the story as well. (Husband committed suicide, talk show host.)
The Rabbit: Fatone was my initial guess - although Jenny says he's bigger than that, he could be wearing something to conceal his size under the outfit and the straight jacket might help
The Alien: This one seems to be Kylie Jenner - Kendall about the right height, a lot of sisters.
The Poodle: No idea - this one really throws me. I thought maybe Jodi Sweetin but I don't think that matches the hints
The Bee: I was convinced Lil Kim until she said she started in the 50's. Now, I have no clue...
The Peacock: Donny Osmond was my guess as with many of you. I also thought maybe David Copperfield due to the magic references and his "friendship" with Jackson
The Monster: T-Pain is the most popular one and it does seem to fit. I wanted this to be 50 cent because of the drama around the rapper The Game turning on him but the height doesn't match
The Unicorn: Honestly no clue. I'm not sure it's any of the guesses I've seen fit. One of the toughest ones.
The Deer: Terry Bradshaw seems to fit here as most internet guesses suggest
The Lion: Rumor Willis is a popular theory, which makes sense but does it make too much sense - who knows.

The Rabbit to me is Joey Fatone. With the clues it's definitely Nsync and initial thoughts prior to them singing was Lance or Joey. The voice to me is Joey.

Raven - I liked the judge's guess of Sheri Shepard but wasn't sure on the loss, but do like the above guess of Ricki Lake too. Voice seemed familiar to me though
Bee - Voice was very familiar but couldn't place. Very intrigued with all the guesses
Pineapple - initial guess was Gary Bussey but couldn't think of illness he had other than the accident. Once Jenny said Cheech & Chong I thought the same but was guessing Tommy Chong

Really liked this episode more than last week's. Not knowing the ball player for the Hippo was a small let down thinking maybe all of them will be at that level

I, too, though Joey Fatone for the Rabbit.

The panel on this show drives me crazy! They don’t listen to the clues and take them into account. Especially the Raven..they clearly said they had suffered a loss and were now trying to come into the spotlight.

Who was the one who said they overcame a life threatening illness? Was that Tommy Chong or someone else? The Michigan license plate didn’t mean anything either..he’s Canadian lol

Tina Turner as the bee would be amazing!

They showed at the end that the license plate had his birthday and the letter T. I think the Michigan part was either meant to throw us, or a reference to the events he has been doing there.

I think it is meant to mean sisters. Rumer Willis has four sisters too. She is Hollywood royalty due to her parents being Bruce and Demi.

My guesses this week:
Bee - Gladys Knight
Alien - LaToya Jackson
Poodle - Margaret Cho
Raven - Ricki Lake...no doubt in my mind
Rabbit - JC Chasez/Joey Fatone/Lance Bass
Pineapple - revealed

My thoughts

Rabbit- Joey Fatone
Alien- Janet or LaToya Jackson / could be a Kardashian but not sure if any of them can sing that well
Bee- Tina Turner
Raven- Sheryl Underwood

So I'm not really familar with the show but I did see promos for it. Are the people behind the costumes revealed each episode or is it at the end of the season or what? Someone help me out here lol.

So I'm not really familar with the show but I did see promos for it. Are the people behind the costumes revealed each episode or is it at the end of the season or what? Someone help me out here lol.

The studio audience gets to vote on who they want to advance & keep coming back. The person with the lowest votes each week is unmasked & sent home.

Last edited:
The studio audience gets to vote on the on who they want to advance & keep coming back. The person with the lowest votes each week is unmasked & sent home.
Ohhh ok. This sounds like it could be an interesting show not knowing who the people are as they advance along. I like the audience voting aspect. Thanks! I'm thinking I'll go try and watch it. This thread has intrigued me along with people's responses :)

Ohhh ok. This sounds like it could be an interesting show not knowing who the people are as they advance along. I like the audience voting aspect. Thanks! I'm thinking I'll go try and watch it. This thread has intrigued me along with people's responses :)

Yes, I vaguely saw the video clip of Ryan Reynolds being unveiled on the original, Japanese version of the show. But, the show sounded a little too weird for me. But after Kimblebee started this thread & I started reading along, and people mentioned the Peacock may be Donny Osmond, I got curious. So I did a YouTube search on the Peacock's performance & the clues. I listened twice to him singing that song and in my opinion, it doesn't sound enough like him. A little on the high notes. but not enough on the low notes. (The producers may have disguised his singing voice too. (They do the speaking voice.) Some clues fit, some can be anyone else. So, I'm kind of intrigued to find out if it's really him and who some of the other animals are.

Thank you for not putting a spoiler. I think this thread is more fun not knowing for sure.

If you don't want upcoming spoilers in this thread, it would be helpful to list that in the thread title. Otherwise someone is sure to list one. :headache:

Ceelo! Interesting.

He did retreat from his career. And thought of poorly by some.

Cee-Lo Green didn't really retreat from his career on his own. He plead no contest (which is basically an admission to guilt, but by not pleading guilty,) to drug charges and in a separate case, to giving ecstasy to a woman, who claimed she had been raped. The prosecutors said they had declined to file a charge of rape of an intoxicated person, citing insufficient evidence. So that part of the charges were dropped.

That happened in 2014, way before the "Me Too" movement, where police and the public may have been less inclined to believe a woman going up to a hotel room with a famous celebrity. No way should he be coming back now trying to reinvent himself when those allegations would just resurface and more people likely to believe the woman now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter