The Masked Singer- No Spoilers Please

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by kimblebee, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

Mackenzie Click-Mickelson DIS Veteran

I've decided to set my DVR for it :) and I'll catch up on the first two episodes somewhere. I'm like you that I though "uhh..ok not really my interests" but hearing about how other people didn't think they'd like it but they ended up liking it and the other responses has pulled me in lol.

2. kimblebee

kimblebee now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

I do have it in my op but some people skip over it. I’ll add it to the title..thanks :)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. neverlandsky

neverlandsky DIS Veteran

Ryan Gosling too

5. neverlandsky

neverlandsky DIS Veteran

If the Peacock isn't Donny, I'll go with Jamie Foxx.

6. Imzadi

Imzadi ♥ Saved by an angel in a trench coat!

Nick Cannon, (the host & an executive producer,) just confirmed on ET that some people are purposely changing their [singing] voices to throw people off. :scratchin

He also said he was given the choice to know who the contestants are or not. He felt he didn't want to leak to the audience, if he knew ahead of time, so he chose not to know ahead of the reveal.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  7. TheRealTeal

TheRealTeal Mouseketeer

I am so obsessed with this show and have no idea why, lol. I had been thinking MC Hammer for the monster, but after a google search, he's too tall. I think the costumes (especially monster) may be deceiving as well. Could be a very slim person in there.

I don't know for most of them, but am dead set that Raven is Rikki Lake.

DizBelle and lisaviolet like this.
  8. dotfurio

dotfurio DIS Veteran

I think their main purpose is to misdirect the audience by guessing people that really don't fit.

galaxygirl76 likes this.
  9. galaxygirl76

galaxygirl76 DIS Veteran

My very early guesses:
    Peacock: Donny Osmond
    Lion: Rumer Willis
    Unicorn: Tori Spelling
    Deer: Terry Bradshaw
    Monster: T-Pain
    Bee: Gladys Knight
    Raven: Ricki Lake
    Poodle: Margaret Cho
    Alien: I have no clue yet
    Rabbit: Joey Fatone

lisaviolet and princesspiglet like this.
  10. pezgirlroy

pezgirlroy Mouseketeer

Yes he did appear on the Korean version but it was a publicity for Deadpool. I honestly don't think that they will get super a level stars for this version.

BellaBaby and kimblebee like this.
  11. Diznygrl

Diznygrl Disneyland Fanatic

I thought it was interesting that they didn't reveal any heights this week. Perhaps they thought it might be giving too much away so they took it out?

I'm expecting the celebrities to be reasonably well known so people have a chance at guessing, but really nobody too incredibly famous. Although since the show seems to have turned into an overnight sensation it might entice some people higher up on the celebrity food chain to do next season.

Anyway, I'm stumped this week, LOL. Margaret Cho is a good guess for the Poodle (She's from San Francisco, very involved in the LGBT community and does have some singing experience). I think I might have to go back and rewatch all the clue videos and keep trying.

12. luvsJack

luvsJack DIS Veteran

I am so glad you said this! I thought I didn’t see the height but kept thinking I missed it or wasn’t realizing where it was said or shown the first week! But you make a good point!

13. speedyturtle007

speedyturtle007 Earning My Ears

I think the Lion might be Kris Jenner.

14. lisaviolet

lisaviolet DIS Veteran

Well sorry to hear that. I think that's a stupid choice. Speaking voices obviously should be changed. But if they are masking their singing voices then it is difficult to care about guessing. Well for me. :drinking1

But then again there are many involved where we have never heard their singing voices. And I do enjoy the taped segment clues.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  15. lisaviolet

lisaviolet DIS Veteran

Caught up.

Episode two ----

Alien - I thought it was Paris Jackson for sure but then she said she has many sisters. Hmmm. Many sisters might be a Braxton. I have no clue now. ( EDIT :I did see how some thought the Lion was Kris Jenner. If that was correct I could see how they could come on as a small group - safety in numbers - and I would go with Kendall Jenner. But part of me would be all Why would Kendall who has a solid career or any Kardashian do this? But who would have guessed they would do Family Feud? :rotfl2:;))

Poodle - Margaret Cho (musical family threw me off though but they could be - didn't google). Legs seem like hers. For those who said Jillian she doesn't have bigger calves in my opinion.

Rabbit - I went so many places. Wondered if it was Twitch doing the twitching. Then he was so cocky I went to Donnie Wahlberg. But those legs are bigger so I wondered if everyone's Joey Fatone guesses were bang on. Did Joey ever play someone masked? Or is than an NSYNC reference?

And I also thought the "Yes, in a band" had a very sarcastic tone to it. Straight sarcasm or a play on band. Weird I know. I am probably hearing things that aren't there.

Bee - I thought I heard Gladys Knight but she is an even better singer than the bee(The bee was great). Like Robin Thicke I also thought I heard Diana Ross and she was a queen bee with The Supremes (but doubt she would make that a clue!) I can't see why either of them would be on the show but that's all I got. Didn't think it sounded anyrhing like Dionne.

Raven ' 100% on Ricki Lake. Thought the intonation of the speaking voice and parts of the singing sounded just like her. I would be very surprised if I was/ we were wrong on this one.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  16. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

Just watched all again with DS. He guessed the Raven is Megan McCain. Based on hints and body shape ... little movement so not stage performer.

17. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

....me too....

18. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

...I was thinking gladys Knight too, or even Tina Turner...

JoanneAZ likes this.
  19. NAB

NAB <font color=green>That first page just got too hea

I think the rabbit is Justin Timberlake. He has been masked before on the Ellen show as the reindeer one year but maybe they mean masked some other way. I thought the tick he was doing was like timber ...lol Could totally be out of ball park.

20. princesspiglet

princesspiglet DIS Veteran

I agree with this exactly.
    Lion-Rumer is from Hollywood royalty and she is also currently starring on Empire and her voice sounds exactly the same.
    Bee- Gladys Knight. She said she was the "Empress Bee". Gladys is known as the "Empress of Soul". She also started performing in 1957 at a young age.

galaxygirl76 likes this.
  21. princesspiglet

princesspiglet DIS Veteran

The rabbit is too large to be Justin. Justine is very small size wise. This guy has girth- I'm thinking Joey. He dressed up as Tigger one time in concert