The Magic will be on TLC's Perfect Proposal 2/7-11!

feenie said:
Dh and I were on the ship when they were filming the episodes! We are loving seeing the ship and the people that helped to make our time so wonderful. Everytime we see a crew member we know, we get all excited.
What fun! :flower:
Feenie - HELLO to u and Brendan......So this is what they were filming??? ...I watched on Wed and didn't recognize "anything". When we were on, they were filming a couple at the PALO Dinner with us and also at the Wine Tasting....and another time in the Atrium...and it was the same 'blonde girl' each time - I will remember to watch today as I am home sick.

OK- I am watching right now and how is it that Castaway Cay is so empty?!!

Even though it was chilly and windy when we went a few weeks ago, it was PACKED! Also, everything I have ever seen on the internet and all, and everyone's pictures has also shown it packed!

I wouldn't think that they would be able to keep everyone off just so they could film this stuff.

Oh well- it brings back great memories of the cruise!

Wow, I just wasted 30 minutes on this show. Not enough ship video, and the lack of people in the background shots of the ship and Castaway Cay means they really must of kept everything roped off.

Hey, I recognized them! (so much for my 'blonde girl' comment)
We were at the wine tasting with them and I think I saw my head :earsgirl: when they did the shot of PALO from the outside deck - I was sitting at the window table to the far left in that shot...I remember that fabulous red dress she had on plus the camera crew! They sat 2 tables over from us.
As for CC being empty, if you noticed the shots of the ship when they were setting up the treasure chest, you will see lots of black clouds - by 2:30-3:00 p.m. most people were heading back to the ship .... it got very cool and windy.

Thanks for posting this reminder :jester:

That's what I was thinking that maybe they shot the footage of the proposal near the end of the day, after most people went back to the ship. I know during our August 2004 day at CC we had some bad thunderstorms move in and nearly everyone headed back to the ship around 3pm, leaving the beach quite empty.

Wednesday's episode was still the best as far as I am concerned, that couple gets my vote!!!

They did have quite a full schedule for the day so that makes perfect sense. IDK how I could go biking, parasailing, take a banana boat ride, & get a massage all in one day on CC. I thought today's show was nice too. I really wish that I had seen Wednesday's with the way everyone is talking about it. I'll have to keep an eye out for the reruns.

ACK I forgot to tape it AGAIN. i was really excited about this one too, i love castaway cay...oh well. i'm sure i'll hear all about it from reading this thread....thanks for any updates! :teeth:

I saw every show except Monday. I think that Wednesday's show was best as well. It was just so emotional and no one was annoying.

aw. i missed both wednesday and today so my vote is a bit uninformed, but i voted for cathie & brian. i just thought she was so cute. :goodvibes
can someone please tell me what happened in the wednesday & friday episodes? i know the website has a little blurb but i'd like to hear about the show from a DISer p.o.v. :teeth:

Philadisney said:
aw. i missed both wednesday and today so my vote is a bit uninformed, but i voted for cathie & brian. i just thought she was so cute. :goodvibes
can someone please tell me what happened in the wednesday & friday episodes? i know the website has a little blurb but i'd like to hear about the show from a DISer p.o.v. :teeth:
I think the Wed show was the most planned proposal. He was divorced with a little girl and Megan was the childcare provider he left his daughter with. They got together and she and the daughter Taylor were almost inseparable.
They would do dress ups and all. He planned to have them dress up in the wd theater.
they did a pirate skit and Rob came up from the stage lift dressed as a pirate and pretended to save her and then proposed.
Now my husband is not one to get emotional but shed a few tears on this one.By far the best of them all.

Just reading that gave me goosebumps!!! :) That definitely sounds like the best proposal!

i thought wed and thrus were the best-i must admit i loved seeing castaway cay today!!

Verandah Man said:
If anyone would like to cast a vote, you can do it by clicking on this link:http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/perfectproposal/cruise/poll.html

The couple from Wednesday (Rob & Megan) got my vote. :groom: :bride:

As always Verandah Man you are a wealth of information. Thanks for the link.
I voted for Wednesday's couple as well. Their story, the prep work for the proposal, and what damsel would't go ga-ga over her pirate protecting her? I loved that The TLC dressed up Megan and Taylor (Rob's daughter).

Crazy question, but were all the couples on the boat at the same time? If not, think of how many magical days the host of Perfect Proposal got to be on the Mickey boat! Tough job.... ;)

Place my vote for Wednesday's couple. Hope they win. That little girl was adorable. Today's bride-to-be annoyed me a little - she kept interrupting the proposal with her "You did goods." But, that didn't stop me from shedding a tear of happines for them.

Have any of the regular watchers of this show seen someone say "No"? Just curious.

QueenTrident said:
Have any of the regular watchers of this show seen someone say "No"? Just curious.

I watch the show a couple of times a week and so far I haven't seen anyone say no.

By the way, does anyone know when they will be rebroadcasting these episodes? I have TiVo set to record anything that is about Disney or the Disney Cruise Line, but for some reason it didn't tape any of these episodes. And since this past week was a really crazy one for me, I didn't know that DCL was on and missed all but Thurs. and Fri. I would love to see the Wednesday one that everyone keeps talking about.

I read about these episodes on the board. When I went to record them my listings with my cable co didn't say anything about Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts