The Magic The Memories and THOSE people! An Aug PTR **GOING EARLY!!!**

Those passports are so cute! I hope your boys have fun learning about the countries :) I noticed they also have a drinking around the world passport... hmm, might be something I need to look in to!

Oh darn, should have made one of those for me and DH. Someday we'll get there alone again and do that!

I love the passports! I'd like to do something like that, but then there are lots of things I'd like to do, and don't do them!

This was virtually done for me really, just plopped those ready made pages into the book designer and ordered it. Super easy!

FYI - By Tuesday afternoon Eric's face was all better. I was ready to call the doctor, but didn't want to waste $35 for the copay to bring him in when I knew it was nothing but the bug bites, but there is always that nagging feeling that "what if" it's something more or they can give him something since it just wasn't getting better, then in the space of an hour it was just gone. Phew! I made the mistake of reading WEBMD or something while looking for ways to lessen the swelling and was fearing severe reactions by what I was reading about other symptoms, but common sense said that would have happened right away, not 3 days later.

Tomorrow I run my first 5K. I'm so nervous. I have no reason to be, it's not like it matters how fast I finish or anything, but still. I am so slow and was hoping to be faster by now. Oh well. I don't like crowds or having people watch me running or working out, I'm so self conscious about that so it'll be strange and uncomfortable crossing the finish line in front of tons of people all sweaty and gross looking. :lmao: I need to get over it, and FAST!

This may sound weird, but I also feel self conscious when working out in front of people (which is one reason I don't go to a gym)... I like to walk the track at a local park that stays fairly busy. But for some reason, when I wear my sunglasses it makes me feel invisible, LOL! As if the other people there can't really see me. I know, it's weird... but maybe wear your sunglasses tomorrow and pretend you're invisible! :lmao:

But in all seriousness, good luck tomorrow! :thumbsup2

This has nothing to do with Disney, but...

Saturday morning was the Freihofer's 5k race I've been gearing up towards. The Couch to 5K was successful. I DID IT!!! :dance3: I ran the whole thing, didn't walk, and did it in 43:10 which is slow, but was my best outside time ever, with hills and all. I was under 45 minutes which was all I wanted. It was so much fun, the friend and her friends I did it with all ended up staying together the whole way, not planned, we just did and the 4 of us crossed the finish line together. It was an amazing feeling. :cloud9: I think I'm hooked, I really want to work on my pace now and increase my speed and do another one. Maybe the Susan G Komen in October and then this race again next year and shoot for a much better time.

This has nothing to do with Disney, but...

Saturday morning was the Freihofer's 5k race I've been gearing up towards. The Couch to 5K was successful. I DID IT!!! :dance3: I ran the whole thing, didn't walk, and did it in 43:10 which is slow, but was my best outside time ever, with hills and all. I was under 45 minutes which was all I wanted. It was so much fun, the friend and her friends I did it with all ended up staying together the whole way, not planned, we just did and the 4 of us crossed the finish line together. It was an amazing feeling. :cloud9: I think I'm hooked, I really want to work on my pace now and increase my speed and do another one. Maybe the Susan G Komen in October and then this race again next year and shoot for a much better time.

Way to go!!!:cool1::cool1: I, too, did my first one this weekend. I came home and immediately began looking for other 5Ks coming up in my area! I never believed people when they said it was addicting but it is!:confused3 Congrats!:dance3:

Kelly

Way to go!!!:cool1::cool1: I, too, did my first one this weekend. I came home and immediately began looking for other 5Ks coming up in my area! I never believed people when they said it was addicting but it is!:confused3 Congrats!:dance3:

Kelly

I did the same thing, I found the Susan G Komen in October, I figured there would be a local one for that and it's the same course I did. I saw some others, but don't want to run in the summer, too hot. It was hot enough Saturday and wasn't even bad. I still don't like running that much, but I love the feeling afterwards and the feeling after a race is even better. LOL

Kudos to you!! I have a bunch of friends that have done the couch to 5K successfully - and I have another friend working on the couch to 10K :eek: - and yet another friend who did her first triathlon over the weekend - she has done the Princess run at Disney, too. Is that something you might be working towards??

Congratulations on completing the race, and making your goal time!

I don't like working out in front of people either. We have a nice neighborhood I could go for a run in, but never would. Someone might see me! :eek: I'm so wierd, I don't know what I'm afraid of! Just more comfortable in my home, where no one can watch me! I often thought it would be nice to go for a run, while the kids ride their bikes with me. Well, nice as in they'd like it, but me, not so much!

Kudos to you!! I have a bunch of friends that have done the couch to 5K successfully - and I have another friend working on the couch to 10K :eek: - and yet another friend who did her first triathlon over the weekend - she has done the Princess run at Disney, too. Is that something you might be working towards??

It really is addicting. I still don't love running, it's kinda boring, but the feeling at the end is great. :) The Princess would be a dream, not sure I could ever convince DH that my going alone or with friends would be a good idea...he's a CPA so going in February is out of the question and he and the boys would cry if I went without them. :lmao: I'd love to though, but still thinking 13 miles is a bit much for me. Marathon weekend in January is what I'd shoot for and DH and I could go alone he could run the half and I could just do the 5k, we might have to not tell the kids though. :rotfl: It's just before tax season kicks into high gear so might be doable. So far he hasn't gone for it.

Trying to think of all the things I need to get done before the trip. I have plenty of time, but the way the weeks are flying by, it'll seriously be here before we know it. School is almost out and then we'll be back and forth upstate to the lake all of July and we have some early August things planned All of which cut into my DIS time since I have no internet up at the lake. :eek: Oh the horror.

Mousekeeping envelopes
Buy park tickets from UT DONE (this morning, before prices go up tomorrow)
Epcot Passports DONE
Photopass Pre-order
Tweak ADRS
Park bag (can't decide on what to bring to parks!)
Jibbitz for kids Crocs DONE ordered online, cheaper than getting them there)
Try for CR upgrade to Tower again
Alien Green Mickey Heads from Home Depot DONE
Book Happy Limousine transfers
Order Disney Visa Redemption card
Underwater Camera? DONE
Online checkin hotel
Checkin for Flight (24 hours before)

I'm sure there are a million more things, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

I was reading this TR last night of a group of women who met her on the DIS who are on their third annual trip together. How fun! So, naturally, I am all about everyone getting on board :thumbsup2 You need to start prepping your family about possible girls only or just you and your husband trip! My girls can't believe I am going without them in August - but with our APs, they'll have plenty of chances to go. What they are currently angling for is for me to take them individually. I actually think that might be a great idea...we'll see if that all pans out!

Love your to do list - especially things that are marked as Done! Glad you got your tickets before the price went up. I got Pixie Mama her tickets last night, too - we were on the phone at 11pm getting her all set up And then we were trying to figure out all the ways for me to spend my commission :rotfl:

I was reading this TR last night of a group of women who met her on the DIS who are on their third annual trip together. How fun! So, naturally, I am all about everyone getting on board :thumbsup2 You need to start prepping your family about possible girls only or just you and your husband trip! My girls can't believe I am going without them in August - but with our APs, they'll have plenty of chances to go. What they are currently angling for is for me to take them individually. I actually think that might be a great idea...we'll see if that all pans out!

Love your to do list - especially things that are marked as Done! Glad you got your tickets before the price went up. I got Pixie Mama her tickets last night, too - we were on the phone at 11pm getting her all set up And then we were trying to figure out all the ways for me to spend my commission :rotfl:

If we were closer, it wasn't so expensive and we had AP's I think it'd be easier to justify it. LOL I do think it will happen, if I keep up with the running especially, it's my excuse, I've already starting planting the "I want to run at Disney" seed and I'm nowhere near ready to do it. ;)

It's funny, I met a few of my best friends on a baby board, we all had kids born the same month back in 2003. I've still never met them "in real life" as we say, but the 5 of us "talk" everyday via an ongoing email that we start every morning and it just bounces back and forth all day long. It's crazy, but great! I know these girls better than anyone and I've never met them. Some of them have met up a few times, I just lived the furthest away since we're scattered all over the country. Someday. I think I've finally convinced my DH after 8 years that they are in fact women who have kids the same ages as ours and not dirty old internet stalker men. :rotfl: DH is not much of an internet or technology fan.

I was just going through my iPhone photos and thought I'd post a little mini TR of last August's trip through the lens of my iPhone which travels everywhere with me. The photos aren't the best quality obviously, but I captured quick moments that I didn't necessarily get with the other camera.

***the pictures are not sideways in Photobucket, I don't know why they are sideways here!!!***

At the airport at 6am, kids are wide awake and raring to go.

photo5.jpg

On the plane, their first plane ride.
photo24.jpg

Upon arrival, we checked in at Wilderness Lodge and headed to MK after a quick bite to eat at Roaring Forks. We wandered into Adventureland first and before figuring out where POTC and Jungle Cruise was, which we thought would be good first rides, we happened on these. It was hot, so the kids ran into them.

photo22.jpg

photo23.jpg

Matthew and Daddy going off to ride Space Mountain
photo20.jpg

This was Eric when Matthew went of with DH to ride Space Mountain. First ride he couldn't do. Not happy and really hot, but he got over it quick.

photo19.jpg

Our hotel Villas balcony from the walkway between the Lodge and the Villas. The boys are standing on it. I had gone to get breakfast for DH and I, I think.
photo.jpg

Sunset
photo2.jpg

The Lodge Lobby
photo3.jpg

Columbia Harbor House, watching the Haunted Mansion queue.
photo21.jpg

Eric lounging at the pool.
photo6.jpg

Eric and the precious Yoda, he became obsessed with Yoda during this trip, we bought the doll at the store at DHS and had it sent to the hotel, which means we didn't get it till 5pm the next day. All day he kept asking, when he could get his Yoda...FINALLY!!!
photo8.jpg

Dessert at The Plaza MK.
photo10.jpg

photo9.jpg

Posing in the lobby at the VWL.
photo11.jpg

My shopping time at MK, DH took the boys back to the hotel to swim and I stuck in MK and did some alone shopping and was heading to get me a Dole Whip, snapped a few pics. The Move It Shake It Parade was going on in the hub here.
photo12.jpg

Just wandering...
photo13.jpg

One of several meals at Cosmic Ray's.
photo14.jpg

On the bus to AK.
photo15.jpg

Hanging out at AK, Matthew and DH were on Primevil Whirl, we watched them and rode the Triceratops Spin twice.
photo16.jpg

Waiting for Wishes...
photo17.jpg

The boys on the balcony with the Buzz Lightyear light up drink thingys
photo18.jpg

I do believe that is all I took on the iPhone. This has me itching to do a real TR!!!

*Disclaimer: There do seem to be more photos of my younger DS than the older, only because Matthew is more cranky and moody and often would just make a face at me when I pulled the camera out so I left him alone more. I did inform him when we are looking at the pictures in years to come, not to get jealous when there are more of your brother, because you refused to look at me most of the time.

I think the pictures are great. Especially when you are outside. Have you downloaded the instagram app? I like that how the pictures look through there (but again, they have to be outside!) - though I have seen some HD apps or something that make the pictures look really cool. Instagram is free, too.

I know what you mean about more pictures of one child than the other - my younger one is such a ham - and my older one is obnoxious about getting her picture taken!

I think the pictures are great. Especially when you are outside. Have you downloaded the instagram app? I like that how the pictures look through there (but again, they have to be outside!) - though I have seen some HD apps or something that make the pictures look really cool. Instagram is free, too.

I know what you mean about more pictures of one child than the other - my younger one is such a ham - and my older one is obnoxious about getting her picture taken!

I love Instagram, use it all the time now. The effects are cool and hide a low quality picture well. LOL And I like how it saves the original photo too.

IMG_0732.jpg

YUMMY! This was the chocolate extinction at TREX in DTD. $14.00 but it was plenty for all 4 of us and we took half of it home in a box (the cake, we ate up the ice cream)...home to the hotel that is. I snacked on it every night for the rest of the trip. The kids loved the "volcano" effect. Very cool. :cool1:

I love taking photos of my food, but DH tends to look at me like I am insane :confused3 and tells me to stop. I insisted on this one and he indulged me.

Oh my, that looks delicious!

Disney might be the only place it seems normal to take pictures of your food! Yet I still feel silly doing it! Maybe this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter