The Magic The Memories and THOSE people! An Aug PTR **GOING EARLY!!!**

Great story and report. We will just miss you guys as we are there the week before and we leave on Friday! Have fun!

MK view is the best! You can see the water parade at night, and sometimes they shoot of fireworks after the park closes. We were there for a week and it probably happened four of those nights? No idea why but it certainly felt like a special treat they were doing just for us. It's so amazing!

It would be nice and since I doubt will ever stay here again we really should just go for it. Somehow I can always come up with a reason to upgrade. It's not hard :rotfl:

Great story and report. We will just miss you guys as we are there the week before and we leave on Friday! Have fun!

:welcome: Yeah we're arriving Friday. Have a great time too!!!

Round 2 of How DID We Miss That takes us to the Magic Kingdom.

What did we miss here last summer, not much I don't think, but then again...

IMG_0514.jpg

Mickey's Philharmagic - I wasn't sure what exactly this was, think it was more little kiddie and we didn't spend much time in Fantasyland so we skipped this, but I've since heard some things about it on the boards here and think we have to see it.

IASW - Okay, it was closed for refurbs, but I will say DH was very happy it was closed. He's not a fan of the song and creepy dolls. :rotfl2: But I do think it is a right of passage and you cannot NOT ride it if it's open so I'll be forcing the boys onto the friggin boat. ;)

IMG_0522.jpg

Many of Adventures of Pooh - Kids were never into Pooh although DS5 has a Pooh teddy bear. Probably skip this again.

Monster's Inc Laugh Floor
- We walked by a lot, but DH said if it's one of those things where they drag audience people into the show then forget it. I think we should do it. Kids didn't care. So we skipped it. Probably will skip it again.

Swiss Family Treehouse - Didn't bother to climb although I've done it as a child. I think we will take the time to do it this time. Because it's a cool treehouse, the boys would like it I think.

Steamboat thingy - Just never timed it right and never wanted to wait for it. We will try this time, it's a nice little relaxing spin around.

IMG_0956.jpg

Hall of Presidents - Just didn't think the kids would be into this, still don't. Although it is a nice place to cool off.

Carousel of Progress - Didn't think the kids would be into it, but I remember I liked this as a child and it's a classic so I think I may be taking this one in this time. A nice place to sit and cool down too.

So I think the only one I really want to be sure to fit in is the Philharmagic show, but we should have plenty of time to fit in some of the others too.

We have never done some of those same things - and we've been 5 times in the past 5 years!! I want to be sure to see the Laugh Floor this year (at the least, it'll be cool in all that summer heat and humidity) - and the same goes for the Hall of Presidents. I think my girls MIGHT be old enough to appreciate that one now. Another we've never done is Country Bears. Not sure that it will ever be on my agenda though :-)

Now, the Carousel of Progress is a favorite for my youngest. She likes to sing along ;)

Definitely see Mickey's Philharmagic! It's one of our favorite attractions in all of MK.

Monster's Inc is great, too! We did this one for the 1st time last year. They don't pull you on stage, but you may get shown on the big screen.

CofP and HofPres are great places to cool off. CofP, I remember liking as a kid. HofPres surprised me as to how much my DDs enjoyed it.

We have never done some of those same things - and we've been 5 times in the past 5 years!! I want to be sure to see the Laugh Floor this year (at the least, it'll be cool in all that summer heat and humidity) - and the same goes for the Hall of Presidents. I think my girls MIGHT be old enough to appreciate that one now. Another we've never done is Country Bears. Not sure that it will ever be on my agenda though :-)

Now, the Carousel of Progress is a favorite for my youngest. She likes to sing along ;)

We did Country Bears last summer. I saw the thread about it on the Themes Parks board today talking about the words to some of the songs. Funny thing is, I don't remember that at all, although I vaguely remember looking at DH a few times in surprise so I guess there are some interesting themes in the songs. I don't think the kids noticed though and I barely remember. Probably won't do it again, although DS5 liked it.

Definitely see Mickey's Philharmagic! It's one of our favorite attractions in all of MK.

Monster's Inc is great, too! We did this one for the 1st time last year. They don't pull you on stage, but you may get shown on the big screen.

CofP and HofPres are great places to cool off. CofP, I remember liking as a kid. HofPres surprised me as to how much my DDs enjoyed it.

The kids surprise me sometimes with what they like so maybe we'll try HofPres.

I haven't seen Mickey's Philharmagic, but am looking forward to that. Sounds like something we would all enjoy and I've heard great things about it.

I HATE it's a small world, but may have to go on it to have the kids experience it at least once in their lives. Although my son doesn't want to go on it or hear that song. So we will see...

Pooh ride wasn't there last time I went, but I think we will try it. I've heard the way your cart bounces along with Tigger is cute.

Monster's Inc. wasn't there either last time, but I think we will try it. I wouldn't doubt my husband and kids would like to text in jokes before the show in hopes of them getting used.

Swiss Family Tree House we will more than likely do (was thinking of doing a movie night of this even). I'd say with your boys, you should definitely give this a try.

Steamboat, haven't ever done this either.

Hall Of Presidents, we plan on doing this because my son loves presidents, but I would think most kids would be totally bored.

C.O.P., I remember this being a little lame. Has it been updated? I thought I heard that, but am not sure.

Another vote for Mickey's Philharmagic! It's my favorite 3D movie at Disney. :thumbsup2

The Winnie the Pooh ride is pretty good but the new interactive queue in the stand-by line is great. We made it a point to go there first so we could experience the line without too much of a wait. It's definitely geared toward little kids, but Zach (7) loved it.

I'm thinking of adding the Swiss Family Treehouse to our next touring plan. The kids have never been up there & I think they'd enjoy it.

I haven't seen Mickey's Philharmagic, but am looking forward to that. Sounds like something we would all enjoy and I've heard great things about it.

I HATE it's a small world, but may have to go on it to have the kids experience it at least once in their lives. Although my son doesn't want to go on it or hear that song. So we will see...

Pooh ride wasn't there last time I went, but I think we will try it. I've heard the way your cart bounces along with Tigger is cute.

Monster's Inc. wasn't there either last time, but I think we will try it. I wouldn't doubt my husband and kids would like to text in jokes before the show in hopes of them getting used.

Swiss Family Tree House we will more than likely do (was thinking of doing a movie night of this even). I'd say with your boys, you should definitely give this a try.

Steamboat, haven't ever done this either.

Hall Of Presidents, we plan on doing this because my son loves presidents, but I would think most kids would be totally bored.

C.O.P., I remember this being a little lame. Has it been updated? I thought I heard that, but am not sure.

I think I heard something about it being updated too, will have to look into it.

Another vote for Mickey's Philharmagic! It's my favorite 3D movie at Disney. :thumbsup2

The Winnie the Pooh ride is pretty good but the new interactive queue in the stand-by line is great. We made it a point to go there first so we could experience the line without too much of a wait. It's definitely geared toward little kids, but Zach (7) loved it.

I'm thinking of adding the Swiss Family Treehouse to our next touring plan. The kids have never been up there & I think they'd enjoy it.

YAY for Mickey's Philharmagic.

So had a crazy morning...I was going onto Southwest's website to apply for their credit card since it's the only airline we fly on lately and just happened to look at my flights and low and behold the prices dropped a LOT. Like $300 total. I changed the return and re-booked the outbound for the lower prices!!!:cool1: BUT, I can't get a refund, only a credit and have to travel before Feb 2012 with the credits. Ugh, that's not going to happen so really it does me no good. So disappointing. I was all excited about saving the $300 and thinking how now it would really make sense to upgrade to Tower MK view. I tried calling twice to ask if it could be refunded and was told no, only valid for credit, but I also put a letter in the mail to Customer Relations. The second rep told me I could request an exception, you never know. It's worth a shot, it's $300.

Hi! I just found your PTR and it's great. I'm anxiously awaiting to hear if you've upgraded your view yet :)

How did your boys do together last year? Was it difficult with the older one being able to ride the bigger rides and the little one being too small? I will be in that boat in a few years (my little one is only 3 months right now) and I'm wondering if it was hard to manage?

Hi! I just found your PTR and it's great. I'm anxiously awaiting to hear if you've upgraded your view yet :)

How did your boys do together last year? Was it difficult with the older one being able to ride the bigger rides and the little one being too small? I will be in that boat in a few years (my little one is only 3 months right now) and I'm wondering if it was hard to manage?

:welcome: Just read your TR from the surprise birthday trip, how fun, but you never finished it!!! :) You make me almost want to consider SSR for the convenience to DTD for a future trip, but being I live 30 minutes from the real Saratoga Springs...the theme doesn't do too much for me. LOL

Actually, surprisingly the boys did really well. Younger DS did pout a little when Daddy would go off with the other one to a ride, but we usually did something else nearby. It was short-lived pouting and he's pretty good about things like that for the most part. No tantrums or meltdowns at all. I had told him in advance of the trip there would be rides he couldn't do and we'd go measure him to check, but that he had to be a big boy and understand and he did okay with it. :thumbsup2 Luckily he was just barely 40 inches so really there were only a few things he couldn't do like I think Space Mountain, EE, RnR and Mission Space were the only ones he couldn't do. 1 in each park is not too bad.

Hi! I followed you over from another PTR. My sons are close to the same age as yours, turning 8 and 5 this summer. We are those people too, the ones that go once a year. Now I hope to be those people that have annual passes and do more than one trip per year! We are this year, just have to keep it going! I hope you get to upgrade to MK view! Sounds awesome, and how convenient to have that view from your room, if you are going to be stuck there with 2 young children trying to sleep... I've never done MK view, I'm afraid there would be no going back from that! Then again, I am going from deluxe to moderate to get in another trip this year... Anyway, wouldn't it be a closer walk to the monorail, food, and drinks for a MK view room? ;)

How cool that your son is in the show! He's adorable! His video clip made me tear up, but then everything about WDW does. :rotfl: It is an amazing show. Have you considered doing the Tomorrowland Terrace Wishes Dessert Party? You might not be able to book it for August yet, but it sure is yummy, if you don't mind spending that much on dessert! :rolleyes1 Apparently we don't.

AK - Love Festival of the Lion King, and all the boys care about in AK is the Boneyard. My son knows how to find it. I don't know how else to explain it other than you have to go up the steps or ramp and walk around up there until you find it!

DHS - Lights Motors Action is a must do for my oldest. He's loved it since he was 4, and we have even done it twice in one trip. I'm excited that they are adding Lightning McQueen! My son also loves the Indiana Jones show, almost as much. We did Sci-Fi on our last trip and it was the most entertaining meal for the kids!

MK - We still haven't done Monsters Laugh Floor, even though I keep saying we will! We all really love Mickey's Philharmagic! This trip I want to finally make it to Tom Sawyer Island. It looks like the kids would have a blast! We also did Carousel of Progress for the first time, and while it may be corny, we still liked it, and enjoy singing the song!

Can't wait to read more!

Hi! I followed you over from another PTR. My sons are close to the same age as yours, turning 8 and 5 this summer. We are those people too, the ones that go once a year. Now I hope to be those people that have annual passes and do more than one trip per year! We are this year, just have to keep it going! I hope you get to upgrade to MK view! Sounds awesome, and how convenient to have that view from your room, if you are going to be stuck there with 2 young children trying to sleep... I've never done MK view, I'm afraid there would be no going back from that! Then again, I am going from deluxe to moderate to get in another trip this year... Anyway, wouldn't it be a closer walk to the monorail, food, and drinks for a MK view room? ;)

How cool that your son is in the show! He's adorable! His video clip made me tear up, but then everything about WDW does. :rotfl: It is an amazing show. Have you considered doing the Tomorrowland Terrace Wishes Dessert Party? You might not be able to book it for August yet, but it sure is yummy, if you don't mind spending that much on dessert! :rolleyes1 Apparently we don't.

AK - Love Festival of the Lion King, and all the boys care about in AK is the Boneyard. My son knows how to find it. I don't know how else to explain it other than you have to go up the steps or ramp and walk around up there until you find it!

DHS - Lights Motors Action is a must do for my oldest. He's loved it since he was 4, and we have even done it twice in one trip. I'm excited that they are adding Lightning McQueen! My son also loves the Indiana Jones show, almost as much. We did Sci-Fi on our last trip and it was the most entertaining meal for the kids!

MK - We still haven't done Monsters Laugh Floor, even though I keep saying we will! We all really love Mickey's Philharmagic! This trip I want to finally make it to Tom Sawyer Island. It looks like the kids would have a blast! We also did Carousel of Progress for the first time, and while it may be corny, we still liked it, and enjoy singing the song!

Can't wait to read more!

:welcome: and thanks for the comments on my little guy! I read your PTR, we're a lot alike, I'm shy too, but I get on here and feel really comfortable. I've always been better at communicating in writing. :goodvibes

The dessert party sounds great, but I'm not sure the view of the Memories show would be good from there, I NEED to be standing right in front of the partners statue for the best view. I am pathetic. I will be freaking out if I am not RIGHT there front and center. LOL DH will be ready to kill me I'm sure.

Okay I have to find the Boneyard for sure this time. Just to say I found it. Oh right Lightening McQueen is going into LMA...that should be great to have a recognizable character. Glad to hear your boys liked SciFi, I'm excited for that.

We did Tom Sawyer Island last summer, it was hot on that raft and we wandered around. I had no clue what the whole paintbrush thing was about until I read it on here after we got back. Someone did find one. I'm hoping to skip it this time, but if they boys ask to do it, we will. I'm not offering it up though, nothing too exciting to see, but they did enjoy crossing the bridges and going through the caves. Yeah okay, they had fun and it was nice and shady, Mommy could stay on the mainland.:rotfl:

Sadly, I just called and was told there was no availability in the Tower at all on the 40% Pin Code I booked with. Every category is available when I look online, but the only thing that came up with the pin was still the Garden Wing. When I think about it, back when I was looking to book it before the pin expired, the only room option that came up when I went into the system using my pin code was the Garden Wing so I guess that's all the pin applied to. I'm disappointed, I really never even thought it might not be available since the rooms are available online. :sad2:

Sorry you couldn't switch to the Tower. It's still awesome though that you are staying at a deluxe, monorail resort!

You are right, for viewing the show, the Wishes Dessert Party isn't good for you. I only suggest it if you have other opportunities to see the show up close on another night. It is hard to make out all of the pictures on the castle, so up close is a good spot for you!

Lights, Motor, Action - I believe McQueen is replacing Herbie, so he will most likely just make a very short appearance. We've seen it so many times, it will be nice to have a little change.

I want to do Tom Sawyer's Island, but it's tough, that would require me to slow down! I can't seem to do slow at Disney! :rotfl: I really want to relax and take it all in, but, so many rides, so little time! I'm hoping that the more often I get to go, the less pressure I'll feel to do it all.

Sorry you couldn't switch to the Tower. It's still awesome though that you are staying at a deluxe, monorail resort!

You are right, for viewing the show, the Wishes Dessert Party isn't good for you. I only suggest it if you have other opportunities to see the show up close on another night. It is hard to make out all of the pictures on the castle, so up close is a good spot for you!

Lights, Motor, Action - I believe McQueen is replacing Herbie, so he will most likely just make a very short appearance. We've seen it so many times, it will be nice to have a little change.

I want to do Tom Sawyer's Island, but it's tough, that would require me to slow down! I can't seem to do slow at Disney! :rotfl: I really want to relax and take it all in, but, so many rides, so little time! I'm hoping that the more often I get to go, the less pressure I'll feel to do it all.

Oh I know we are lucky to be where we are and to be going again at all so soon. This is not a horrible problem to have. I'll get over this fast. I know the Garden Wing will be good noise wise and being close to the pool is good for us. I'll just be the crazy woman at the counter BEGGING for a ground floor room if we don't get one so we have an escape from the clausterphobia of being 4 in the room. :lmao: Also will keep my eye out for any other 40% discounts where I can book the Tower, I can always cancel this room only booking with no penalty and re-book if something else comes out.

I found I planned a lot last summer and thought I'd be all GO GO GO, but once we got there, and saw it wasn't too crazy, I felt more at ease and just let the kids call most of the shots on what they wanted. DH kept saying, this is for the kids, we do whatever they want to do. Within reason of course. LOL We managed to do most everything, but we did have 8 days. This summer it's 6 days, but I think I'll be at ease anyways because now I KNOW we won't be waiting 5 years to go back. ;)

Tom Sawyer Island does take time. No choice but to slow down and follow the kids around. :)

We missed a ton at Epcot last summer, not that I haven't done it before, but it's been YEARS! Well, a TON because we missed all of World Showcase.

Photo0043.jpg

World Showcase - Last summer we didn't set foot in WS and I love WS. I cancelled my Rose & Crown ADR the morning of it since we left and knew we were not coming back. This year, I'm not cancelling it. I'm gonna get the boys Passports to ensure we're going through it and we have Illuminations planned this time since we're staying at a Monorail resort. Didn't plan it last year since we were worried about how long it would take to get back to the hotel. I want the kids to ride Maelstrom and the Mexico ride. Probably will skip all the 360 movies.

Living with the Land - If this hasn't changed since I was a kid I remember it and would like to do it.

Kim Possible - had no idea what this was, still don't really. Kid's don't watch this show so not sure we'll bother.

IMG_0598.jpg

Illuminations - MUST DO this time. Plan to watch from either Canada or Mexico or somewhere in between depending on the wind direction to be closest to the exit and the Monorail.

Honey I Shrunk the Audience - Is this still there? I see it on the map, but I think it was closed when we were there or we would have done it, or is that what Captain EO replaced, Maybe that was it. :confused3

Turtle Talk with Crush - We were in there waiting, but it was taking long and we ended up walking out and just wandering around the Aquarium and then it was time for our Coral Reef ADR so we didn't do it. Kids weren't to interested in it either so probably won't do it this time either.

Sum of All Thrills - No idea what this is. I keep hearing about it, didn't see it, didn't know about it. You design your own ride? DS8 might like it, but the idea freaks me out. How exactly do you ride what you designed, is it all just a bizarre simulator?

Club Cool - I didn't see this at all, never have, but I keep seeing people talk about this, tasting sodas? I seriously seem to be exceptionally unobservant while on vacation. :lmao:

My girls watch "Kim Possible" but neither one had any interest in doing the KP Mission.

They weren't all that interested in the WS, either. Just Mexico and Norway, because of the rides! I don't know what it is about Malestrom, but my DDs LOVE that ride!

We didn't do TTwithCrush on our 2007 trip (I'm not 100% sure it was there???) so we made a point to do it last October. By this time, my girls were almost 10 and 8, though... I think they would have enjoyed it more had we gone 3 years earlier, LOL!

And I don't know anything about Sum of All Thrills, either. I saw it on the website, but I don't know how new it is. We haven't done very much in Innoventions... I'd rather do the other attractions at Epcot.

My girls watch "Kim Possible" but neither one had any interest in doing the KP Mission.

They weren't all that interested in the WS, either. Just Mexico and Norway, because of the rides! I don't know what it is about Malestrom, but my DDs LOVE that ride!

We didn't do TTwithCrush on our 2007 trip (I'm not 100% sure it was there???) so we made a point to do it last October. By this time, my girls were almost 10 and 8, though... I think they would have enjoyed it more had we gone 3 years earlier, LOL!

And I don't know anything about Sum of All Thrills, either. I saw it on the website, but I don't know how new it is. We haven't done very much in Innoventions... I'd rather do the other attractions at Epcot.

Yeah we chose to skip WS last summer because we figured the kids wouldn't be into it and the times we were there we left Epcot before 11am. Well, not the time we had lunch at Coral Reef, but we left right after lunch that day. I have to say, I love Maelstrom too even though I haven't done it since 1990 whatever when I was travelling with a friend. Ride got stuck the 2nd time we did it and we had to be walked out of it. That was kinda cool. The sound kept going while we walked out so we kept hearing them saying whatever it is they say, "who dares to come this way..." or whatever it is. Stuck in our heads the whole trip!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter