The kind of person who would NOT like V&A--

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
Often see posts about V&A and questions about the menu having anything on it that someone might like. And it's hard to answer for sure, since everyone's tastes are so different. But there is one type of person who probably should never consider V&A--the strict "meat and potatoes"
person.
And I mean STRICT!! Like a very good friend of ours. He orders nothing anywhere except Filet Mignon "well done". Any hint of a glaze or sauce and he'll send it back to be "washed off". Potatoes are only baked, or mashed. None of that "garlic 'smashed" stuff and never ever anything BUT butter on the potatoe--sour cream much too exotic. Salad is eaten "plain"--no dressing. Drink will be only Sprite or Seven -Up. If neither avaiable--water. Ice Cream ok for desset--provided it's vanilla. Oh-never an appetizer either.

Now don't get me wrong--he enjoys his meals as much as I do mine and I'm sure he wonders how I can possibly enjoy the things that I do. But the point is-if you are anything like my friend, then you probably won't like V&A. It really isn't the spot for you.

I'm glad your friend enjoys his meals, but too me that is NOT enjoyment! I like flavors and textures. I have a friend who is not nearly as severe, but mainly eats things like PLAIN chicken or turkey sandwiches or pasta with just marinara sauce stuff like that. Won't even try anything new. I'm glad I like to eat all kinds of foods. :D

He orders nothing anywhere except Filet Mignon "well done".

You should have your friend read the very excellent book, Kitchen Confidential. It seems there is a time-honored tradition in the food service industry when someone orders an expensive steak "well done" to just throw it in the general fryer for several minutes. The space is just too valuable in the grill at dinner time to have one steak take up 20 minutes and the chefs often bristle, considering well done to be "ruining" the meat. Probably wouldn't work at V&A, though, since there are dining witnesses in the kitchen.

I'm with Beth on this one that is not enjoyment. I love food, as my battle with my waistline shows. As I've grown up I've developed taste buds that are constantly searching for a new enjoyment. I eat pretzels and yogurt every day for lunch at work, and a small sensible dinner on weekdays, so that on the weekends I can eat. A filet well done to me is a travesty, medium-rare is perfection. I can't wait to try V&A's, but I've got friends that could never eat there. Anything beyond chicken fingers, pizza, and burgers are beyond them. I really wonder if they're ever going to grow out of eating children's food.

LOL! At first I thought you MUST be talking about me Uncle Romulous. but I'm not nearly that bad...I like my steak medium rare, with a nice red wine reduction. Garlic smashed are too die for (literally--have you seen how much cream and butter goes into them? ;) LOL!)

But you are right, V&A's is not for everyone. I'm not adventurous, and it's not for me. In fact DH and I were discussing where to dine for my birthday dinner, and he asked if I'd like to try V&A's again. I told him no, it's just not my cup of tea, I'd rather go to Jiko. Of course if V&A's wants to make me a filet with a red wine reduction on a bed of mac & cheese... :)

Anne

I can't wait to go to V&A's for my 10th wedding anniversary (in 2 1/2 years!). I love to try new things! I will be dining at Jiko and both meals at Boma in two weeks and I can't wait! I hate to eat "plain" food out. If I can make it at home, I don't want to pay a lot of money for it! I think I will fit in at V&A's perfectly!

Id have to say I fit into that category. From the sample menus I have read I havent seen anything I like there...and nothing I would be willing to try. I would like the chance to dress up and go to a nice place, but give me a plain steak or pasta dish and Im happy. And I would even go for the garlic potatos(actually, they sound quite good).
And Ill have to disagree with most of you on this one because even being a plain eater, I enjoy my meals very much(too much at times) and I do love to eat. ;)

The menu doesn't thrill me either and that's ok. I know we can eat two meals at FF for the same price and I'll be happier. But Uncle seriously, is your friend made up? Filet well done??? What could the point possibly be???
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

Good question--. It can't possibly be very tender the way he likes it. Often they have to butterfly it, so it comes out in 2 or 3 peices on the plate. But no matter how many different cuts of steak are available, it's always the Filet. I have never seen him order anything else in the last 30 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter