The Ins and Outs of a Split Stay?

Can Disney Bell services move our luggage from the Contemporary to the Dolphin? We have a split stay set up for January.

Question on FP. This is our first split stay. 3 days at BC then 3 days at YC. BC stay has 6 day tickets. I was told by CM that I will have 2 differant FP windows and will have to reserve the YC portion 3 days later than the BC portion. I think she may be wrong. Does anyone know?

Last edited:
Split stay question
We are at all star sports November 29-dec 1 and then heading to akl from dec 1-7.
I screwed up and booked my adr on Friday for 1:30pm at HS thinking we can wake up at 8am, check out of ASsp and be checked in to AKL by around 9:30. Is there a possibility that this can happen or will it not be until 3pm before we can get into our room at AKL? We have a 13 month old so she will be wanting to nap and was hoping to get into the room late morning to nap before our 1:30 adr.

I’m a bit ocd and I put each day of clothes in a ziplock bag and label the day and which park. So everything is separated in our luggage and no need to pack, repack.
I’m thinking of requesting an early room though that means I won’t be able to have my other room requests as priority (eg.partial savannah, closest to main lobby). But I do remember checking in once at 9am and having a room ready. I’m trying to weigh which is more important, an early room or a partial Savannah view.

Split Stay question: will we have to transfer our belongings to our new resort and check into our room before we go to the parks? Also, we are driving to WDW so will we have to move our car to the new resort before we go to the parks?

Split stay question
We are at all star sports November 29-dec 1 and then heading to akl from dec 1-7.
I screwed up and booked my adr on Friday for 1:30pm at HS thinking we can wake up at 8am, check out of ASsp and be checked in to AKL by around 9:30. Is there a possibility that this can happen or will it not be until 3pm before we can get into our room at AKL? We have a 13 month old so she will be wanting to nap and was hoping to get into the room late morning to nap before our 1:30 adr.
No, you cannot count on getting into the new room early. You might get lucky, but there is no more chance of that happening than if you had just arrived at WDW.

One downside of a split stay is that you're "homeless" for most of the switch day. I don't recommend split stays for those with babies or toddlers who need daily naps.

Split Stay question: will we have to transfer our belongings to our new resort and check into our room before we go to the parks? Also, we are driving to WDW so will we have to move our car to the new resort before we go to the parks?
You do not have to go to the new resort first. In fact, the best way to spend your switch day is to drop off your luggage at Bell Services for transfer in the morning, spend the day at the parks, then afterwards go to your new resort to check in. That keeps you from wasting any time waiting for your new room.

You can also leave your car at the first resort until nighttime, if you like.

Last edited:
Question on FP. This is our first split stay. 3 days at BC then 3 days at YC. BC stay has 6 day tickets. I was told by CM that I will have 2 differant FP windows and will have to reserve the YC portion 3 days later than the BC portion. I think she may be wrong. Does anyone know?
I have been researching this too as we will be doing our first split stay next summer. Everyone has said that you can book all FPs for your entire stay when your window opens. That was my biggest concern.

The term "Split Stay" is an internet term and not something Disney recognizes.
I always thought this, too, but when we were there a few weeks ago, a CM at the ME desk at the airport actually asked me if we had a split stay. I was kind of surprised as we've done a few split stays, and I've never had a CM use that therm when talking about our two reservations!

I have been researching this too as we will be doing our first split stay next summer. Everyone has said that you can book all FPs for your entire stay when your window opens. That was my biggest concern.
That is my biggest concern also. Better chance at getting FOP. The DIS FP FAQ says we can book all 6 days when window opens. That is what I will be prepared for.

I always thought this, too, but when we were there a few weeks ago, a CM at the ME desk at the airport actually asked me if we had a split stay. I was kind of surprised as we've done a few split stays, and I've never had a CM use that therm when talking about our two reservations!
Disney absolutely knows what split stays are, as they're quite common. I think the PP meant that split stay guests don't receive special treatment in regards to check-in and check-out, which is true. A split stay is two separate reservations, and is treated as such.

Last edited:
We had a split stay in November.

We were at POFQ and GF. We were able to book Fast passes for the entire trip when our window opened for our first stay.

I can't imagine the logistics of moving 11 people to WDW let alone again in the middle!! As another user mentioned, it might be smart to pack for both stays so that the transition is more seamless. I am a solo traveler with no kids so I can't speak beyond adults. Have an absolute blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter