The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

Just wondering what you guys think of staying in a studio with 4 adults. We usually just travel as a couple but decided to bring the in-laws with us. It's our first time going home to BWV!

This is applicable to any DVC studio, not just BWV-

If you'd be comfortable with them staying with you at your home, on an air mattress in your master bedroom, and using only your master bathroom, for the full duration of travel- then sure, go ahead. Because that's what you will experience with this plan.

What I am getting at is that there is NO WAY that I would ever stay with my in-laws in any DVC studio. But if you're comfortable with that level of in-law intimacy, knock yourself out...

14 Hours to go! Feel like a little kid at Christmas.
If I go to bed now when I wake up the cab will be here.
Then if I sleep on the plane when I wake up I will be in Orlando.
OK, Off to bed!
by now, you should be on your way :thumbsup2
just 71 hours until our flight and 10 days of living my dreams again :cloud9:
have a fantastic time!

Just wondering what you guys think of staying in a studio with 4 adults. We usually just travel as a couple but decided to bring the in-laws with us. It's our first time going home to BWV!

a BWV studio is about the size of a regular hotel room when the pull-out sofa is open (have you determined who would get the "real" bed?), and one bathroom. that's pretty close quarters for more than a night or 2. there isn't a living room or separate bedroom, so nowhere in the studio, other than the bathroom, to have any privacy. a big consideration: does anyone snore? if jus one person does, the others won't get much sleep.

personally, we find studios (as well as regular resort rooms) insufficient for more than 2 ppl - we booked at least a DVC 1bdrm when with our 2 kids, or a suite elsewhere.

We will be staying at BWV for the 1st time this month!!! :cool1: We need a HC room and did pay for a preferred view. Really looking forward to our stay! pixiedust:

This is applicable to any DVC studio, not just BWV- If you'd be comfortable with them staying with you at your home, on an air mattress in your master bedroom, and using only your master bathroom, for the full duration of travel- then sure, go ahead. Because that's what you will experience with this plan. What I am getting at is that there is NO WAY that I would ever stay with my in-laws in any DVC studio. But if you're comfortable with that level of in-law intimacy, knock yourself out...

Well the room is basically just to sleep in, we'll be out and about most of the week. My main worry was having 2 adults on the pullout. We've done little mermaid room before and "survived". Is the pullout about the same size? Our points just don't allow us to get 1BR and this was an exception since we only travel as a couple 99% of the time.

Just wondering what you guys think of staying in a studio with 4 adults.

You sound like you are good with the arrangement, but since you asked what we think, I'd have to agree with others and say that I don't think the studio is good for 4 adults. Not knocking your opinion, but you did ask for ours. :)

Well the room is basically just to sleep in, we'll be out and about most of the week. My main worry was having 2 adults on the pullout. We've done little mermaid room before and "survived". Is the pullout about the same size? Our points just don't allow us to get 1BR and this was an exception since we only travel as a couple 99% of the time.

Old Key West Studios have two queen beds !!!!!!!! Biggest rooms of all the studios besides ! No need for a pull out (air mattress a little overboard description) AND you'll save points most likely over BWV's . Just a short bus ride from everything !

Old Key West Studios have two queen beds !!!!!!!! Biggest rooms of all the studios besides ! No need for a pull out (air mattress a little overboard description) AND you'll save points most likely over BWV's . Just a short bus ride from everything !

I know about OKW but BWV is our home resort and we really wanted to walk to & from Epcot during F&W. I'm sure we'll be fine. We are not the complaining types :-)

I just saw photos taken a couple of months ago at a BWV studio, and one of them appeared to show a "pod system" coffee maker:worried:, rather than the traditional coffee pot we are used to at DVC properties. Can somebody either confirm or deny this? We're used to bringing a bag of Dunkin' Donuts with us, but if a switchover has occurred to pods, we can save packing it (but will have to live with pod coffee...UGH).

I just saw photos taken a couple of months ago at a BWV studio, and one of them appeared to show a "pod system" coffee maker:worried:, rather than the traditional coffee pot we are used to at DVC properties. Can somebody either confirm or deny this? We're used to bringing a bag of Dunkin' Donuts with us, but if a switchover has occurred to pods, we can save packing it (but will have to live with pod coffee...UGH).

There now and it's a regular coffee pot. No pods in sight.

There now and it's a regular coffee pot. No pods in sight.

Thanks...glad to hear. I wonder if they are gradually switching over...I hope not. More importantly, I hope you are enjoying (and will continue to enjoy) your stay!

As a related note, they have the pods on the Inn side of the BW, that could have caused the confusion.

Thanks...glad to hear. I wonder if they are gradually switching over...I hope not. More importantly, I hope you are enjoying (and will continue to enjoy) your stay!

I don't think so. The Deluxe hotel side switched well over a year ago - almost two and that did cause some confusion but with the large villas it could be a much more expensive system for DVC.

Fingers are crossed, our 100 pt BWV contract submitted for ROFR yesterday. If it goes through...F&W Festival here we come!

We just checked out of our BWV studio :-( It was our first stay as dvc members. We had the best time ever!! Room was super comfy even if we were 4 adults. Location can simply not be beat especially this time if year. We were kind of skeptical when we first bought but now we absolutely LOVE the BWV!!!!

i didn't see this posted:
mouseplanet (jim korkis) wrote 2 incredibly informative articles about the BW. fantastic reading for BW addicts :thumbsup2

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10250/Treasures_of_Disneys_Boardwalk_Inn_and_Villas__Part_One

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10251/Treasures_of_Disneys_Boardwalk_Inn_and_Villas_Part_Two

enjoy :)

Thanks for posting those links. Really interesting articles!!

You might want to post on the main Resort forum for the boardwalk as well, I think people there would really like them!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124393

facebook twitter