The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

We just got back a little less that a week ago from our first stay at BWV. We had a 1 br standard, and I requested "tennis court view" to hopefully avoid being right over the main entrance/luggage area. We are light sleepers, and really didn't care about the view, but quiet was key. We were given 3101, which wasn't tennis court view, but was pretty far down the main drive and was quiet. View was of a large tree, which while many people wouldn't like it, It was nice to be able to sit out there in the morning in my Pj's drinking coffee, and not having everyone seeing me, thanks to the tree! I would be happy with this room again. We have now been spoiled by all of the extra space in the 1 br and the laundry & kitchen facilities. Oh and the tub.....nothing was better after a day at the parks than to come "home" and soak my tired bones! I just wish there was a door between the bedroom & Master bath....I could have sat in the tub and read for hours at night, but the light would have kept DH up. The only thing that didn't go as expected (and it is such a minor thing) was check-in. This was our first DVC stay and I really expected a "Welcome Home" We were greeted politely, but no ackowlwdgement at all that we were DVC members. That could very well be that it was close to 1 am by the time we got there on Magical Express. We really did have a great time, and can't wait to go back!!!

We just got back a little less that a week ago from our first stay at BWV. We had a 1 br standard, and I requested "tennis court view" to hopefully avoid being right over the main entrance/luggage area. We are light sleepers, and really didn't care about the view, but quiet was key. We were given 3101, which wasn't tennis court view, but was pretty far down the main drive and was quiet. View was of a large tree, which while many people wouldn't like it, It was nice to be able to sit out there in the morning in my Pj's drinking coffee, and not having everyone seeing me, thanks to the tree! I would be happy with this room again. We have now been spoiled by all of the extra space in the 1 br and the laundry & kitchen facilities. Oh and the tub.....nothing was better after a day at the parks than to come "home" and soak my tired bones! I just wish there was a door between the bedroom & Master bath....I could have sat in the tub and read for hours at night, but the light would have kept DH up. The only thing that didn't go as expected (and it is such a minor thing) was check-in. This was our first DVC stay and I really expected a "Welcome Home" We were greeted politely, but no ackowlwdgement at all that we were DVC members. That could very well be that it was close to 1 am by the time we got there on Magical Express. We really did have a great time, and can't wait to go back!!!

Glad you liked it so much! We're in a 1br now and agree we're spoiled on the size.

Regarding the check-in, I think it is a very different experience at 1am. When we checked in on Friday at 4:30pm, both the greeter at the door and the CM at the desk asked if we were DVC members and welcomed us home. The desk CM asked how long we were members, if we liked it, etc. Aside from the difference in acknowledging it, both CMs did have to actually ask, so I guess for some reason the system doesn't actually tell them, which is a bit odd. Maybe they don't want the CMs to act negatively against non-members?

So excited!!! My waitlist for BWV studio boardwalk view came through for May!!

Judy

We will beat at BWV in June for a week Witham boardwalk view and also looking to book at booking at OKW for a week. First time at both!!!

So beyond excited! Just snagged a garden view studio at Boardwalk for 12/20-12/24!!! My DS is going to be so excited for this early Christmas gift!

Congratulations and Welcome Home!! We bought recently at BWV as well. Our third home resort but I'm so excited to stay there soon!

Hope your closing goes quickly and you see those points loaded soon. ;)

So excited for our first visit home in March! We added on last May and are really looking forward to our first stay at BWV.

Congratulations and Welcome Home!! We bought recently at BWV as well. Our third home resort but I'm so excited to stay there soon!

Hope your closing goes quickly and you see those points loaded soon. ;)

Me too! Hoping to get closed and reservations made for 2014 F&W!

Closing is final today, just waiting on Disney to get membership info to me. Do I just call Member Services to check on points being loaded, etc before I get the packet in the mail?

Closing is final today, just waiting on Disney to get membership info to me. Do I just call Member Services to check on points being loaded, etc before I get the packet in the mail?

Congrats! Yeah I would call every day. Eventually it'll be easy to do everything through dvcmember.com, but you'll need a membership code to activate your account. Your membership will be set up before the points, so once you get the login, you can check the site every day for the points loaded. :surfweb:

Congrats! Yeah I would call every day. Eventually it'll be easy to do everything through dvcmember.com, but you'll need a membership code to activate your account. Your membership will be set up before the points, so once you get the login, you can check the site every day for the points loaded. :surfweb:

This is my first contract (closing on VWL in 2 weeks), so I know that adds to the delay, but my question is how soon should I start "bothering" Disney by calling for activation number, etc if I was notified of the closing being final as of 12/13/13?

This is my first contract (closing on VWL in 2 weeks), so I know that adds to the delay, but my question is how soon should I start "bothering" Disney by calling for activation number, etc if I was notified of the closing being final as of 12/13/13?

I think they usually say a week to 10 days I think? It's been a little while, don't exactly remember. I would say if you're waiting for those points to make a 11-month reservation (which I think you said you were for F&W) I would try tomorrow then maybe every other business day until you had it.
Just don't call first thing in the morning or you'll have to wait a while for people doing their bookings that don't use the online system.

facebook twitter