The "I Got Engaged in Disney World" Trip Report - POR and DCL - Sept 07 UPDATED 8/31

Today was finally our day to go to EPCOT. We got there early, for rope drop, because we wanted to head right over to The Land to ride Soarin’. We ended up grabbing Fast Passes before getting in line. After the ride, we decided to get some breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. Tom and Jen got in touch with us around this time and came to meet us at The Land. They got Fast Passes as well, and managed to get ones with an overlapping return time with ours.

After spending some time at The Land, we headed over to the Seas pavilion and rode the Nemo ride – so cute! Definitely not a major attraction or anything, but neat the way they… well, don’t want to give anything away! After the ride we spent quite a bit of time in the pavilion, watching the fish and taking some pictures.

P9050079.jpg

We also saw Turtle Talk with Crush. This is an amusing attraction to me, not just because the technology is neat, but because the kids are so funny when they interact with Crush. While we were there, Crush started talking to this little boy, who proceeded to go on and on (and on) about his Matchbox cars at home. It was really cute. I think this was the point at which we took Bill on his first Test Track ride, but there were technical difficulties so we ended up going really slowly through the attraction, which sort of ruined his first impression.

After this pavilion we browsed in Mouse Gears for awhile, but Bill was antsy to go see more attractions, so we decided to split up from Tom and Jen and meet up with them a little later. We went and saw Ellen’s Universe of Energy – not my favorite (it sort of puts me to sleep) but Bill really likes it.

We met back up with Tom and Jen in World Showcase, in Mexico. (I always start in Mexico.) We browsed our way through several of the countries as it started to rain.

AmyandBillyinChina.jpg

Bill and I had an early dinner ADR at Coral Reef, so we parted ways with Tom and Jen and headed over to the water launch dock to catch the boat to Future World. We got pretty wet in the rain, but it didn’t last too long and pretty soon the water launch arrived.

We had a very short wait at Coral Reef before we were seated. Our menus were printed with our names and a congratulations message – very nice touch. Our seats were great – not right next to the aquarium, but the next table over. I believe it’s actually better to be a bit removed in this case. Like at O’Hana during the fireworks, many parents let their kids go right up to the aquarium, so that they’re pretty much at the table of the poor people sitting there trying to enjoy their meal.

I know that I had a glass of the Fairy Tale Cuvee and that the waiter said it was on the house – whether this was a legitimate congratulatory gesture or if he simply forgot to put it on the bill I don’t know, but either way I appreciated it. We both got the lobster soup as an appetizer – this was very good. For dinner, I got the shrimp pasta, which was just okay, and Bill had the pork chop, which he enjoyed. We both got the mousse for dessert, which was very yummy, but neither of us could finish it.

P9050094.jpg

I loved looking at the fish guide and trying to identify the different fish in the tank while we were there. Overall, we both really liked the Coral Reef – the food was good and the atmosphere was excellent. We used two table service credits here – the total was $103.87.

Hi....just stumbled across your tr and love it. :lovestruc I hope you write some more soon! Congrats on your engagement and at this point, I'm sure your wedding plans are coming along nicely since you're getting married next May!! can't wait to hear all about it!

totally off topic, but do you remember where your DF got his flag mickey tshirt?? My DH isn't a huge Mickey tshirt kind of wearing guy, but that he would wear and I would love to find it for our upcoming trip!

Thanks!!!:goodvibes

Thanks!

I can't remember if I got that shirt for him on DisneyShopping.com or if that's the one he got at the store in the MK, near the Hall of Presidents. Either way, it's one of my favorites. :)

Hi....just stumbled across your tr and love it. :lovestruc I hope you write some more soon! Congrats on your engagement and at this point, I'm sure your wedding plans are coming along nicely since you're getting married next May!! can't wait to hear all about it!

totally off topic, but do you remember where your DF got his flag mickey tshirt?? My DH isn't a huge Mickey tshirt kind of wearing guy, but that he would wear and I would love to find it for our upcoming trip!

Thanks!!!:goodvibes

After dinner at Coral Reef, we decided to do some shopping at Mouse Gear – it was here that I got my friend Kate a mini snow globe. She collects snow globes, but has so many at this point that she only has room for the mini ones. You can tell times have changed – there are signs up around the snow globes reminding people that they won’t be able to take them in their carry-on bags on airplanes home. We also got a bandana for Bill’s dog as well as a really cute Mickey tote I had been eyeing… later in the trip I would get a pink one for Bill’s sister.

We spent a few more hours at EPCOT – Bill got another ride on Test Track, so I was able to prove to him that it really IS fun, despite our disappointing ride earlier. We left EPCOT to head back to PO-R to get my glass slipper – we wanted to bring it to MK to get it engraved.

We went to the MK really to do some “errands” – we dropped my glass slipper off at the Arriba Bros. store to have it engraved with our engagement date and “Happily Ever After”. We also wanted some pirate gear to wear during the pirate party on our cruise, so we went over by Pirates of the Caribbean to see what we could find in the stores there. We were there when they were pretty much closing, but I was able to get a t-shirt and a headband/bandana. Bill got an eye patch and a big, ridiculous pirate hat. We caught the fireworks as we headed out of the park and caught the bus back to PO-R.

Up next: Belle is jealous of my ring!

You've been keeping us waiting! Glad you're back...can't wait to hear the rest. I bet you didn't know you had such a fan club! = )

just found your report today and it is great. can't wait for more.

I've just found your report! It's been a year now since your engagement! Congrats!!! Can't wait to read the rest and get to the Cruise Report!!:thumbsup2

I just found your report through your signature. It is so wonderful! Congrats and I really hope you continue it :goodvibes

Just found your report... still getting caught up so hopefully there will be more by the time I get to page 10...

Congratulations on the engagement!!!! :bride:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter