The "I Got Engaged in Disney World" Trip Report - POR and DCL - Sept 07 UPDATED 8/31

We headed to the PO-R pool and settled in with a couple of lounge chairs in the semi-private shaded area. We spent a couple of hours reading, taking pictures of my ring (okay, so that was me), getting tropical frozen drinks at the pool bar, and trying out Bill’s waterproof camera in the pool. We took some pictures under the waterfalls, laughing hysterically, and even took one trip down the slide each.

P9040049.jpg

Amyinthepool.jpg

underwaterfall.jpg

It was a really nice continuation of our watery day and we were almost sorry to have to leave to make our dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. I’m normally not one to spend much time at WDW *not* at the parks, but this was actually one of my favorite days on this trip – it was nice to take some time out to relax.

portorleanspool.jpg

We took the bus to the Magic Kingdom and headed to the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. This was my first time eating there, and to be honest my expectations weren’t particularly high – we were doing this more for Bill, who loves turkey dinners. We gave our name to the hostess and sat in the waiting area for a short while until we heard “calling the Amy7979 family from the great state of Massachusetts” – close enough, I guess. We were served rolls with some delicious butter (I think it had honey in it?) and some yummy salad… and then plates of turkey, ham, beef, macaroni and cheese, green beans, mashed potatoes, and stuffing… and it was all really good! Not really good like gourmet food, or as good as my mom’s homemade Thanksgiving, but much more enjoyable than I had expected. Bill tried to buy a couple of the souvenir mugs, but our waitress (who was fantastic) said that they were out of them. The dessert was an apple crisp with vanilla ice cream, also served family style. It was very good, but we were SO full from dinner. The character interaction was good here, and the characters’ outfits were cute. I’d recommend it to families for a pretty intimate character experience. We used two table service credits here, and the total was $69.70.

toughguysbillandchip.jpg

minniehelpsshowring.jpg

minnieeatsbillshead.jpg

Up next: We roll ourselves out of Liberty Tree Tavern... :rotfl:

Great trip report! congratulations on your engagement! Your pictures are great too. Can't wait to hear all about the cruise. We are possibly booking one this week.

I love the way the characters interact with you and your engagement ring, it just adds an extra flare of pixie dust.

I know, Bill and I got a kick out of it, too. Definitely stay tuned, Bill's favorite character interaction is still to come! :)

Hi Amy :wave2:

Just joining your trippie and all caught up. Congratulations on your engagement! I can't wait to read more. :bride:

After we were rolled out of… uh, I mean left Liberty Tree Tavern, we saw the man during the profile portraits right there in Liberty Square and decided to have ours done. We asked the artist if he could also cut a diamond ring shape into the paper, since we had just gotten engaged on the trip, and he laughed and said that that was a new request for him, but that he would try. We each posed for a short time and before we knew it he was all done. It’s funny the people that will just stand and watch you sitting there posing. One funny couple stopped, and the girl REALLY wanted to have this done, but her boyfriend definitely thought otherwise and wanted no part of it, haha. Anyway, we ended up buying four copies – one for each of our moms, one for us, and one for the scrapbook. This ended up costing $34.08 – we didn’t buy the frames here.

We then did a little more shopping (got a t-shirt for Bill) and were trying to see the Hall of Presidents, since Bill really wanted to see it, but the timing just didn’t seem to work out. I know that we headed over to Tomorrowland and did a few attractions there – Buzz, Stitch’s Great Escape (which we did against my warning because Bill wanted to do “everything” – he later agreed with me that it was lame). We did Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and really enjoyed it – this was new to me. While we were in line we texted Bill’s joke to the phone number they give, and guess what – they used our joke in the show!

Because there’s a severe lack of photos in this part of the trip report, I’ll tell you our joke:

Q: What is big and grey and wears glass slippers?
A: Cinderelephant!

Yeah, I know, I know… pretty bad. :lmao:

I don’t remember exactly what else we did this evening… I think we headed back to the resort pretty early and relaxed in the room. Bill headed out to explore the quiet pool that was close to our room (he pronounced it not that impressive, I could have told him THAT about the quiet pools!) and he went to the main building and brought me back some snacks. :love:

We called it a night – it had been a wonderful, relaxing, watery day.

Up next: EPCOT, finally!

I just found your report the other day- I can't believe I missed it with a title like that!! I feel like I am reading my dream TR!!! I keep hoping that DBF will propose in Disney- we are both Disney addicts. Perfect right?!?! Maybe this trip?? Ok, I guess I shouldn't build myself up like that :lmao:

Eagerly awaiting more :coffee:

Great report. I can't wait to read more. And since I just found your TR today, CONGRATULATIONS!

Loving your engagement story. Those fridge magnets your DF made are amazing - esp. since very few guys would ever think to do that. Looking forward to the rest.

I just came across your trip report. Congrats on the engagement. I cannot wait to hear more.

I am loving your trip report! I got engaged at Disney World too- Tony's Town Square, my favorite restaurant. I wanted to let you know that they do make an engagement pin- or what we thought was an engagement pin. From what I remember, Minnie is sitting in a chair, and Mickey is down on one knee with a ring behind his back. We didn't get the pin when we got engaged- I actually made my dad get one when he went back down a month later!! I'll try to find a picture and post it later.

Rolled out of Liberty Tree is exactly what we did! Who could leave one of those rolls or a last bite of mashed potatoes behind?

Looking forward to your next update.

Please come back Amy and tell us about epcot and
the rest of your magical trip. Love your engagement
ring......hurry back!:goodvibes

Mickey was adamant that I not show my ring to Minnie – he turned his pockets inside out to show us that they were empty and that he couldn’t afford to get her one! We ended up waiting for a very long time for Minnie to visit our table, and got tired of waiting (we had finished eating and paid our bill long earlier) and so we left without visiting with her. Oh, well… next time! We paid cash for this meal – the breakfast for the two of us came to $40.45 and I paid for the picture package - $31.90. (We split this picture package as well as the one from Cinderella’s Royal Table later in the week with Tom and Jen, and since the CRT one is included, they paid us for half of the Chef Mickey package.)

Mickey can't afford a ring? :lmao: Look at how much you paid for some eggs and sausage!:lmao: MGM stood for .....Mickeys Got Millions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!