• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The HHI report that reads like a novel...

reesecup said:
Hi Gopherit. We were there the same time frame as you guys, but just at the end of the week. In response to your human observation #2, it's funny...I think I know just the 17 year olds you are referring to. Now, I don't know that they were on their own, but there were two couples that age range hanging out around the beach pool. While we were there, I guess one couple got into a fight and the guy was yelling at the girlfriend as loud as he could, causing everyone at the pool to stop what they were doing and watch what was going on. I don't really remember any bad language used, but boy, it wasn't pretty.

Maybe what we saw were all the "make-up" sessions AFTER the fights, LOL... :rolleyes:

I'm glad you didn't mention a Human Observation #6 -- crazy mom going down the slide, hurrying past kidos and making a fool of herself. :guilty:

Nope - can't do that - I'd be the pot calling the kettle black if I did! We can share the title of Human Observation #6, if you wish! (Kinda sounds like "experiment 626" doesn't it...)

We were the family that also had the crazy kid (DS) who was waving from the pool deck to all the people coming off the beach, and the one dancing in his own little world... profile of the crazy kid, tall, nine year old, tow-headed, big head (seriously) , big mouth but a big, big heart!

How cute - I'm sorry I missed that! BTW -- look at the kids in my siggie - do any look familiar, and if so, do you recall any of them abusing the staff, LOL? Curious mom here wants to know - whatever the verdict, I can take it, really!

We were there the week after you left. We loved HHI and never had a shortage of activities to do.

Your report was a lot of fun to read! Glad you had a great time.
We noticed the same things about the CM's there. I thought Chris and Gregor were a hoot though......loved the accents. They did the moose song by the beach house pool during the pool party one day and all the kids went nuts!

Do you have any pictures yet?? Can't wait to see them, your report has made me so desparate to go to HH!
Debs

Another great report. I'm seriously thinking about a HHI trip because you made it sound so good. I'm sure my family will like a "break" from WDW after they read your report. Thanks for posting.

We are now counting down to the 7 mnth mark and keeping everything crossed that we are able to get in for July 06!!!
Do you have your photos yet, can't wait to see them!
Debsx

I'm so naughty - yup I've got 'em, and I really need to post 'em. I actually have them on two websites but was kinda unhappy at how those sites do their slideshows... so last week I actually bought new software to let me create my OWN slideshows - what fun! Planning to make some CDs / DVD photo gifts for family this year of various trips together. But first - I gotta load the software, you know how that goes. And compounding the problem, I haven't really been back on this particular Disney board that much (I'd tell you where I've been instead but I don't think this site allows that. :( )

ANYHOO -- when I get them put together - which will be before xmas, LOL, since I plan to make up a CD with our vacation photos for each of the kids, I'll be sure to let you know - I'll PM you, even! :goodvibes

My apologies!

Cindy

Cindy,
No need to apologise at all!! When you get them sorted I'd love to see them, so either PM me or e-mail at: eddie.debs@virgin.net
I can't wait for your next trip to WDW for your trip reports!! When are you next off on your travels?!
Debxxx

Debs Hill said:
Cindy,
No need to apologise at all!! When you get them sorted I'd love to see them, so either PM me or e-mail at: eddie.debs@virgin.net
I can't wait for your next trip to WDW for your trip reports!! When are you next off on your travels?!
Debxxx

Our next Disney trip promisesto be a humdinger: 4 days visiting the "other" side of Orlando for the first time (yikes!) at US/IOA, then 8 days on Disney turf! That's set to happen in August 2006 - which is only about 9 mos away, and knowing me, I'll need every bit of that for all my obsessive planning! ;)

There is nothing to beat obsessive planning in my book!!! We are off to WDW in July 06 and I'm already counting down! Where are you staying at US/IOA? We stayed at Portofino for three nights a couple of years back, which was a beautiful hotel. Where are you staying in WDW? That will be great timing as just when I come back I will still have your trip report to look forward to! Yipee!!
Happy planning!!
Debx

Debs Hill said:
There is nothing to beat obsessive planning in my book!!! We are off to WDW in July 06 and I'm already counting down! Where are you staying at US/IOA? We stayed at Portofino for three nights a couple of years back, which was a beautiful hotel. Where are you staying in WDW? That will be great timing as just when I come back I will still have your trip report to look forward to! Yipee!!
Happy planning!!
Debx

Yup - I *almost* think I love the planning as much as actually going, LOL! One thing is certain - the planning lasts longer than the actually trip, so it's a good thing I like it!

So you liked Portofino? We were thinking about Hard Rock, just because it seemed the most convenient in terms of hoofing it around between the parks. My ds10 is VERY concerned though (WHo wants to sleep on a HARD ROCK, Mom?) I then told him "Hard Rock" was about the music, not the beds -- he only got more concerned that it would be "Hard" to hear anything after staying there (guess he's thinking about Aerosmith blaring in his ears like RnRC!) HOnestly, the jury is still out on where to stay at US/IOA, other than the fact we KNOW we want to stay on-site there to get FOTL privys. We have a fam of 5, which can be tough to fit into a room - hoping HRH can accommodate that.

As for the Disney side of the trip - jury is out on that too! Technically, we have the points to stay 8 nights in a 2BR at OKW. Kids are lobbying hard for BCV. I see benefits to both - OKW for a more leisurely side of our trip, get to try the new slide, more space to relax... BCV for easy access to our 2 fave parks, to our fave eateries (B&Cream and ESPN), and of course SAB. Trouble is, BCV would require us to probably rent some points or pay cash a few nights to avoid getting in a big points "hole"... Decisions, decisions! I have until January to make up my/our minds before we hit the magic 7 mos window (we own at BWV so we have to wait 'til then to try for either!)

My kids are already asking when we can go back to HHI! Maybe what I need is an add-on at HHI, LOL! Extra pts if I need 'em for WDW trips, and first-dibs on summertime at the beach!

Love your reports... this was a great one! I really appreciate it, I've been considering DVC and wanted to know more about vacationing at HHI and Vero, am a little worried about commiting all my vacation days to the House of Mouse, as much as I love it.

Yes, we did like Portofino...................but I haven't stayed at Hard Rock, so couldn't compare the two! The things we really liked were:
1) The fantastic big room with beautiful view over the bay
2) Great food at the Italian restaurant Mama Della's
3) Front of Line!
4) The theming was lovely, very restful and classy!
5) Brilliant pool area
6) Efficient transfers

What we weren't so impressed with was the attitude of the staff and the price of food and drink. We would stay at Universal again for front of line, and will probably try Hard Rock next!

I can empathise with you about the choice between OKW and BCV.........we own at BWV and OKW and for our next trip my hubby would like us to committ to one as he's not keen on packing up and moving.....but at the moment I have spilt the stay until nearer the time as I can't choose! I love the space and peace of OKW, but love being in the hub of things at the Boardwalk! We

gopherit said:
I'm so naughty - yup I've got 'em, and I really need to post 'em. I actually have them on two websites but was kinda unhappy at how those sites do their slideshows... so last week I actually bought new software to let me create my OWN slideshows - what fun! Planning to make some CDs / DVD photo gifts for family this year of various trips together. But first - I gotta load the software, you know how that goes. And compounding the problem, I haven't really been back on this particular Disney board that much (I'd tell you where I've been instead but I don't think this site allows that. :( )

ANYHOO -- when I get them put together - which will be before xmas, LOL, since I plan to make up a CD with our vacation photos for each of the kids, I'll be sure to let you know - I'll PM you, even! :goodvibes

My apologies!

Cindy

I would love to see your pictures, too! I enjoyed this HH trip report, maybe someday we'll use our points for that!
I loved your previous trip report, I think I've read it twice (last time was right before our August trip, to get me in the mind set--my kids sound similar to yours!) Please tell me where you're hanging out so I won't miss your next trip report :sad2:

Thanks again for an enjoyable read!! :wave2:

Please keep everything crossed for us as next week we'll be trying to make a 7 mnth booking for HH for next July!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's hoping!!

Can't wait to see your photos and eagerly await your next WDW trip and accompanying trip report!!!

Hope you're still enjoying your planning.............I have just sent conceirge our V+A request and Ed's golf tee times, working on our restaurant requests now! How is it going for you?!
Debsxxx

Wishing you lots of luck!!!! We just got good news that our days opened (we were on the waitlist for two of the nights) up for Spring Break at HHI! We are thrilled and so ready for it to get here!

I just read this trip report-very entertaining Cindy! You have a gift.

We were in HH early Oct. everything was great. There were waves due to a tropical storm getting ready to come ashore. We loved this trip. It was so easy--just basic good time w/ Disney quality.

Now I'm thinking maybe I should book for next summer! 7 months now you say-ok! I may even try to exchange my Mariott for a week here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter