The GROOVIER New Pop Century FAQ Thread Chapter 3! ~ Posts #1 & #2 are MUST sees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's our window from our trip at Pop (June24-28).

100_0701.jpg

100_0702.jpg

100_0704.jpg

I got everything over on the DISign boards (KellyBell disigns). She was so great and does amazing work! The small Mickey heads are just from Home Depot.

Just got back early this morning~I had requested top floor, building 3 or 4, Lake/Illuminations view and we got the perfect room! We were in building 3, room 3234 and had a view of Illuminations and Wishes every night! My kiddos were able to lie at the foot of the beds and see the fireworks every night that we weren't in the parks to enjoy them. Just thought I would pass along the info about the fireworks! Also~they are re-painting the 50s buildings - exterior walls and bowling pins.

Welcome back - so glad you had a great stay. :goodvibes

We had that exact room, only the 4th floor - sometimes folks here find it hard to believe that we could really see WISHES and the top of IllumiNations from our room, without going outside - but it's true!!!

Glad to heat POP is getting spruced up...now if they do the rooms as well, it will be perfect! :goodvibes

Here's our window from our trip at Pop (June24-28).

100_0701.jpg

100_0702.jpg

100_0704.jpg

I got everything over on the DISign boards (KellyBell disigns). She was so great and does amazing work! The small Mickey heads are just from Home Depot.

love your pics! :thumbsup2 especially since you can see the reflections of the 60's buildings in the window. just too cute!:goodvibes

Dancegrl24: Hello from a fellow Buffalo girl. We are trying POP for the first time on our upcoming trip- October 1st. I can't wait!!

Did you see anymore decorated windows or doors? On our last trip, we decorated the window and door, and I didn't any others decorated. I felt a little silly...

I will be visiting the Pop in about 2 months and upon recommendation from some relatives have requested 50's section, top floor, Illuminations view - is this similar to what you had? (Sorry am a novice and not sure of the building numberings)

(Should be working but spending the morning trawling the DISboards for info - this stuff is great - hints from "real live people" instead of marketing spin doctors :surfweb: )

I will be visiting the Pop in about 2 months and upon recommendation from some relatives have requested 50's section, top floor, Illuminations view - is this similar to what you had? (Sorry am a novice and not sure of the building numberings)

(Should be working but spending the morning trawling the DISboards for info - this stuff is great - hints from "real live people" instead of marketing spin doctors :surfweb: )

Just checked my Popmap to be sure Bldg 3 is the 50's Bldg 4 is the 60's both would have great Firework views !!!

I was really confused when you said morning at work, because it's only 9 pm here, and very early morning in G.B.... then I saw you are from Australia... and it all made sense. :rolleyes1

I was really confused when you said morning at work, because it's only 9 pm here, and very early morning in G.B.... then I saw you are from Australia... and it all made sense. :rolleyes1

LOL!! Yep, coming over soon and taking shameless advantage of the super cheap fares between Sydney and LA at the moment due to the little price war the airlines seem to be having. The domestic roundtrip from LA to Florida was free that's why we decided to do WDW rather than Disneyland, there's more to see and there was no additional cost in fares. :yay:

love your pics! :thumbsup2 especially since you can see the reflections of the 60's buildings in the window. just too cute!:goodvibes

Thanks! We were in 60's bldg 4 (play doh), 4th floor (3rd from the end), overlooking the kiddie pool.

Dancegrl24: Hello from a fellow Buffalo girl. We are trying POP for the first time on our upcoming trip- October 1st. I can't wait!!

Hi there!

Did you see anymore decorated windows or doors? On our last trip, we decorated the window and door, and I didn't any others decorated. I felt a little silly...

I didn't see any window decorated like mine. I saw that some people had put their kids toys (Mr. Potato Heads, light sabres, etc) in their windows, but that was about it. I didn't feel silly at all, but I don't think many people saw our window since we were way at the end. The people staying in the two rooms that were past ours were probably the only people that saw them. Oh well!

Yep! I had specifically requested building 3 (50s) or building 4 (60s) and Illuminations/Lake View. I had my TA fax the room request 4 days before we checked in. Hope this helps!!! Enjoy your trip!!:goodvibes

I am requesting 60's building 4. Know that its a request only=

My question--- if I get a roomon the other side-- can i go the the buildings that can see the fireworks and watch from there?

Hi all, does anyone know if the kiddie pool has reopened and if Main street still has tarps where they are painting? We are leaving tomorrow and I didn't put through a building request since we are a grand gathering and I wasn't sure if that is allowed since they try and group us all together. I hope anyway. Thanks and sorry for all of the questions. :lovestruc

Hi all, does anyone know if the kiddie pool has reopened and if Main street still has tarps where they are painting? We are leaving tomorrow and I didn't put through a building request since we are a grand gathering and I wasn't sure if that is allowed since they try and group us all together. I hope anyway. Thanks and sorry for all of the questions. :lovestruc

The kiddie pool is open but I don't know about the tarps on Main Street. They were still there at the end of June and Small World still had refurb walls around it too. It's open, you just have to enter a different way.

I'm a carry on only girl for Disney and CVS sells a 3 oz spray bottle. I bought a few of them and they worked great! I am a "by the book" person too with the 3 oz bottles. I am soooo paranoid that I will get pulled out of line and be told, "sorry ma'am this bottle is 3.1oz and I have to take it!" :rotfl2:

I too am super careful about liquid sizes, keeping everything at or under 3 ozs. But just FYI, according to the TSA website, the actual size must be under 3.4 ounces. So you could squeak by with 3.1:rotfl:

As for the sunscreen wipes, after the wonderful tip on this thread about getting them on Amazon, I have them! I got a box of 25 for just under $19including tax and shipping. That rounds out to be $.75 each application, which isn't bad. I usually buy the aresol sprays, which are 6 ounces and I pay about $6, so $1 per app. The wipes are cheaper! I am taking our regular spray in addition to the wipes, so I will be covered if they are no good. I will report back when I return late next month.

I am back today from a wonderful 6 day stay at Pop. We were in connecting rooms 4326 and 4327. They were close to the elevator, stairs, ice machines, Hippie Dippy and kiddie pools, and the food court area. Quiet rooms on the 3rd floor and actually bigger than I imagined. My only frustration is I wish there was a wheelchair/stroller ramp from the Hippie Dippy pool to the food court area in the middle between the pool bar and ping pong table. I know there are ones on each side but a tad out of the way. Please ask any questions if you have some.

I am back today from a wonderful 6 day stay at Pop. We were in connecting rooms 4326 and 4327. They were close to the elevator, stairs, ice machines, Hippie Dippy and kiddie pools, and the food court area. Quiet rooms on the 3rd floor and actually bigger than I imagined. My only frustration is I wish there was a wheelchair/stroller ramp from the Hippie Dippy pool to the food court area in the middle between the pool bar and ping pong table. I know there are ones on each side but a tad out of the way. Please ask any questions if you have some.

Welcome back! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay at POP. It's our first time at POP and ended up booking standard room because it's the only available at the time I booked. Do you book standard or preferred and did you make advanced request? If so, how? I would like to request a room on main floor, near bus and food court. Which section should I ask for, if possible? TIA

Hi everyone! Quick question. We will be at POP in 14 days and I have been going back and forth about the dining plan. Have made some reservations already and was planning on paying OOP now I am thinking that we should do the dining plan. Does anyone know if we can add it on when we get there or when the last minute we can do it is? TIA!!!!

Hi everyone! Quick question. We will be at POP in 14 days and I have been going back and forth about the dining plan. Have made some reservations already and was planning on paying OOP now I am thinking that we should do the dining plan. Does anyone know if we can add it on when we get there or when the last minute we can do it is? TIA!!!!

The dining plan cannot be added at arrival. It must be added at least 10 days prior to your trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter