The Great Space Mountain Asteroid debate... The Truth

SpaceMtnFan

My Misson if I choose to accept it... ( and I will
Ok I just heard the Email show and I heard Corey read a Email about Space Mountain. The truth is that the Asteroids are not Chocolate Chip Cookies This rumor has been in existance for years. I heard that the astroids were drawn by a Imagineer. Thats my story and im sticking to it.:thumbsup2
Skadoush!- Pole (Jack Black) Kung Fu Panda,

It was my email that Corey read :goodvibes When we took the Keys to the Kingdom tour in 2000, the subject of Space Mountain came up and someone mentioned the asteroids being cookies and the tour guide did indeed say that if you watch carefully you will see chocolate chip cookies flying by. I've seen them many times and they really do look like cookies. But the book says that they are NOT cookies, so I guess that's that! ::yes::

Anyone have a pic???? ;)

Ok I just heard the Email show and I heard Corey read a Email about Space Mountain. The truth is that the Asteroids are not Chocolate Chip Cookies This rumor has been in existance for years. I heard that the astroids were drawn by a Imagineer. Thats my story and im sticking to it.:thumbsup2

Do you have a source for the statement that Asteroids are not Chocolate Chip Cookies?

I'm not saying they are, or aren't. I just don't know where you got your information from so I don't know how reliable it is.

Do you have a source for the statement that Asteroids are not Chocolate Chip Cookies?

I'm not saying they are, or aren't. I just don't know where you got your information from so I don't know how reliable it is.

Corey read my email in which I quoted a paragraph from the Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom which is written by the imagineers.

The quote is found on page 119 of this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Imagineering-Field-Guide-Kingdom-Disney/dp/0786855533

The line says:

"It is NOT true that the large meteorite with the many craters passing overhead is actually a photo of a chocolate-chip cookie."

The boards are a bit wonky today, I am quoting you in the future LOL!

Wow, weird stuff going on with the boards today. Your reply to my post shows up before my original post!

Anyway, thanks for the cite. I haven't yet listened to the PodCast so I didn't know where your statement came from.

I read it from another Disney Discussion board many years ago I asked that question many times and I was told that the Asteroids were not chocolate chip cookies. however I dont know for sure if that is true or not but I am still looking into this rumor. If i hear anything further I will post it

Corey read my email in which I quoted a paragraph from the Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom which is written by the imagineers.

The quote is found on page 119 of this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Imagineering-Field-Guide-Kingdom-Disney/dp/0786855533

The line says:

"It is NOT true that the large meteorite with the many craters passing overhead is actually a photo of a chocolate-chip cookie."

The boards are a bit wonky today, I am quoting you in the future LOL!
I will have to find this book Timon. I will look into this

If you eat too many chocolate chip cookies, they'll give you asteroids. :rotfl2:

Maybe when they rehab SM they can add new cookies i'm sure the old ones are stale
People cookies are good but don't forget the fiber in your diet. lol

I like the idea that the asteroids are made from chocolate chip cookies!! I refuse to believe the "truth" told in the book. To me, the asteroids will always be cookies, just like the moon is made of cheese. ;)

I think that is why they sell milk as you walk out of Space Mountain.

It is to go with the chocolate chip cookies! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter