The GH Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok just watching today's episode..... Are they trying to pair Matt & Liz? Just seemed odd to see them together like that.

I was so happy when Jason finally stood up to Carly today!!!

really? I haven't watched it yet. I hate the "hold" Carly has on jason. the way she just barges in on him whenever she wants. I actually like sam and like them together.

Loving the new writer...having heard people repeating the same lines over and over in quite a while! :cool1:

And, the writing is soooo good right now. I'm thinking the good 'ole GH is back!

Loving the new writer...having heard people repeating the same lines over and over in quite a while! :cool1:

And, the writing is soooo good right now. I'm thinking the good 'ole GH is back!

They better have some good writing or GH will meet the same fate as AMC and OLTL.

I think Jonathan Jackson is doing a phenomenal job right now! I am not a fan of the red head, so hoping she goes soon. Skye coming back....hmmm and involved with Anthony Zacchara???

Ok just watching today's episode..... Are they trying to pair Matt & Liz? Just seemed odd to see them together like that.

Well then all they have to do is find one more guy. Liz is the queen of Triangles.

Kae

Well then all they have to do is find one more guy. Liz is the queen of Triangles.

Kae

I just don't think Matt is capable of breaking the Permanent Lock. I think the only one who really could have done that was Jason...although Liz did have excellent chemistry with Rick. I'd love to see him pop back in to town...Molly could certainly use a father!

Maria :upsidedow

News for the week of 01-Aug-2011
by Carol Banks Weber

New head writer Garin Wolf – who received praise and thanks from tweeting GH fans last week for his already outstanding July 26th debut – has been speaking in riddles to various press about his intention for the show. A lifelong soap fan, Wolf’s already proven that he’s a ladies’ man and character-driven when he had to fill in during a writers’ strike not so long ago. This time around, nothing’s changed, except Guza and his plot-driven, mob-focused misogyny has definitely left the building. Immediately on the July 26th episode, viewers were treated to Wolf’s philosophy firsthand as previous background characters took center stage (Alexis and Monica), beloved favorites were engaged in meaningful, and for one couple, foreboding interplay (Jason, Elizabeth, and Sam, Patrick and Robin), and the stage was set for drama, drama, drama. Or rather, … “balance to the show. People will ebb and flow – couples will come, couples will go, couples will come together and fall apart, people will change, people will grow as the stories unfold. Most of the stories I have in my head are like six- to eight-month story arcs. We get to explore what's really in their heart and soul and head, and watch them change. Not change unrecognizably, but grow.” Of particular interest to the long-time soap fans raised on the Quartermaine dysfunction, Wolf assured a full, substantive return. “Yes, they're coming back. Everybody that's on this show is going to have something meaningful to do. They will not just be extras. They will have story. They will have purpose. They will make things happen in their own lives and everybody else's lives. They're too much fun to ignore, way too much fun to ignore. And when Luke comes back, Luke's going to find – I'll give you a tease with this – Luke's going to have a run for his money.” –ABC Daytime interview

Erin Chambers (Siobhan) trained hard in her BFA studies, including how to do a variety of accents, from Irish and British, to German and French. She said she did better with the United Kingdom accents, so pulling off a hard Irish brogue when Siobhan was first seen by Lucky as Ronan in an Irish pub was easy to do. Ever since landing in the States, Chambers said she took it upon herself (executive producer Jill Farren Phelps let her, with blessings) to soften the Irish accent gradually. –Soaps.com interview with Lori Wilson

Movie star James Franco reprises his villainous Franco role September 20—for a longer stay of execution perhaps. Franco will mess with Carly, Josslyn, and Maxie, among other victims. This according to the latest from TV Guide’s Michael Logan (July 25, 2011).

Or, will he? James Franco himself claimed to Access Hollywood he has no knowledge of any September 20th film schedule with GH. He said he would return to GH, no problem, but can’t right now, since he’s doing a movie on location in Detroit. –We Love Soaps, July 29, 2011 report

Steve Burton (Jason) played no favorites in his Michael Fairman, July 26, 2011 interview when it came to the ladies in his on-screen life. He also gave no hints as to any negative feelings about either former head writer Bob Guza Jr. or new head writer Garin Wolf (they both get Jason and can write for the hitman, he said). Additionally, Burton actually seemed to believe GH has a chance in the midst of strong rumors – just like with the inevitably doomed AMC and OLTL – of a cancellation. “I can tell you GH is going to be fine, and it would not surprise me if GH ended up online. But, I believe we are going to garner the ratings to stay on network television. … But I think we have some great story coming up and bringing in some old school GHers, which we need back, and some new blood, will mix things up.”

Kelly Monaco (Sam) and Kirsten Storms (Maxie) will do a new E! reality series called Dirty Soap, along with several other hot soap stars (like Storms’ friend Farah Fath/ex-Gigi, OLTL). The series is more like a documentary and follows the antics of these selected soap stars as they party off-screen and work on-screen. It’s executive-produced by real-life former soap stars, Kelly Ripa (ex-Hayley, AMC) and her husband Mark Consuelos (ex-Mateo, AMC) and premieres September 25, 10 p.m. Eight, one-hour segments are scheduled to air.

Doing this reality-TV series is going to be a learning curve for Storms, but not for Monaco. Storms said Monaco, whom she loves being with, is a spitfire who says what she thinks without worrying about what other people think. Storms worried that she would be too guarded around the cameras. “… Kelly is trying to show me that I can be like that too and not to be so uptight while the cameras are rolling, and even when I am doing interviews worrying how the interviewer is going to respond to what I say. She would say, ‘Don’t worry about it. Just be yourself.’”

Doing GH under new head writer Garin Wolf has been a refreshing change. It’s still been a bit harder, in that they have more to memorize in their scripts, but everything’s making more sense and Storms sees more ensemble interaction. “… Bradford Anderson (Spinelli), Julie Marie Berman (Lulu) and I were talking about it the other day. We had group scenes together and it just flowed. The dialog made sense and it was easy to remember, because it makes sense. I am just excited to get back to storylines that the fans really loved.”

One current storyline – started under former head writer Bob Guza Jr. – Storms and Bradford Anderson (Spinelli) reportedly do not love is the one they have to act with Jackal, P.I., Spinelli’s alter-ego. Memorizing and reciting Jackal, P.I.’s wordy, retro lines have been hard on Anderson, and finding them sticking long after filming’s wrapped has been weird on Storms.

GH getting picked up by Prospect Park for online continuation (in the event of…) received a big thumbs-up by Storms, who’s ready for the conversion. Unlike a lot of non-‘Net-savvy fans, Storms already uses the web appropriately, comprehensively everyday. “I watch tons of television online and I bring my computer everywhere I go. I have Wi-Fi, and you can browse websites, and so everything in multi-media is now on the web.”

Storms brought up an important, smart point for Prospect Park to keep in mind, in the procuring of soap actors for their online AMC/OLTL. “I think one thing that needs to be worked out now is the union rules. That will make the actors want to do this more. Because it is so new, there are not a lot of rules that protect people that want to move forward and do those shows. So I think that is one of the things that are holding the actors back from staying with OLTL and AMC when the show goes online. Hopefully, they can iron all this out.” –Michael Fairman, July 29, 2011 interview

Gossip for the week of 01-Aug-2011
by Carol Banks Weber

**All signs lead to Jason Morgan, the hitman, suffering from another brain-damaging car crash next week, and waking up as retro-Jason Quartermaine, the medical resident. If this happens, he’ll most definitely revisit a romance with Elizabeth, dump Sam, and then fight for Elizabeth with … Johnny? Rumors have Sam and Lucky both leaving the show by September. :cool1::banana::worship::yay::woohoo::dance3:

As for the next on-screen girlfriend, it sure beats Johnny’s portrayer Brandon Barash, who recently took a few tweet questions in relation to another muscular dystrophy charity drive.

There’s some speculative talk on Twitter that Helena’s lady in white is Tamara Braun’s new or pre-existing character, giving GH its own Tale of Two Carlys.

Last weekend’s annual GH Fan Club Weekend contained a bit of drama surrounding MIA Kelly Monaco (Sam) from Nancy Lee Grahn’s (Alexis) scheduled fan event. It seemed Grahn promised all her girls for the show, and despite alleged promises to attend this time, Monaco was a no-show. Grahn tweeted her disappointment and maybe some irritation, but not severe enough for any excommunication. Of course the JaSam versus Liason fan bases (specifically certain overly invested members) used this opportunity for another showdown. Monaco apologized in a tweet, after a fan brought her MIA status up. Other plans.

Thanks Stacey. The first part of the spoiler could actully be good if written right. I'm just tired of the mob story. Something new can be refreshing..

Gossip for the week of 01-Aug-2011
by Carol Banks Weber

**All signs lead to Jason Morgan, the hitman, suffering from another brain-damaging car crash next week, and waking up as retro-Jason Quartermaine, the medical resident. If this happens, he’ll most definitely revisit a romance with Elizabeth, dump Sam, and then fight for Elizabeth with … Johnny? Rumors have Sam and Lucky both leaving the show by September. :cool1::banana::worship::yay::woohoo::dance3:**

Oh man, I really hope this is true!!!!

Sorry to disappoint you..BUT (highlight to read)

Jason does not awaken as the old Jason Q. He will however want to be closer to his Q family. He has a dream sequence love scene with Liz/ He and Sam WILL marry in September.

Sorry to disappoint you..BUT (highlight to read)

Jason does not awaken as the old Jason Q. He will however want to be closer to his Q family. He has a dream sequence love scene with Liz/ He and Sam WILL marry in September.

Ugh! Why can't Sam sail away on some old barge? Didn't she always love being on a boat?

I don't get why everyone hates sam! she's really cute, yet not needy. (well, not anymore).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter