The GH Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The very premise that Lucky would be involved in a case like this is ridiculous. I find it unwatchable.

The ping pong like back and forth of Carly feeling that Sonny is a threat to his kids..then not a threat, and now a threat again is annoying also.

She, herself wanted Jax to adopt Morgan because Sonny was too dangerous to be around. At least that was when old Michael was in a coma.
Yet.. she could not cut her ties to Sonny so as to share custody of her own daughter with Jax. :confused3

None of it made any sense.
Now of course she is "done" with Sonny.
Ping..Pong....:headache:

Previews for the week of 22-Aug-2011
by Carol Banks Weber

**Sonny and Carly exchange emotional blows.
Dante interrupts Sonny and Carly’s horrible row.
Sonny communes with God at the GH chapel, unburdening his sins.
Sonny and Abby differ greatly on a viewpoint. She dares talk back to him.
Michael throws in with Sonny on this matter, vexing Carly, and Abby.

Johnny gleans surprising data—and a hidden alliance—from a private conversation between Skye and Anthony.
Sam conveys clearly to Jason that she’s boss.
Robin brings Sam and Jason up to speed about what may be occurring with his brain here.
Patrick and Matt try to be the lead surgeon in Jason’s next operation.
Matt and Patrick bicker about the next scheduled operation.
Jason and Sam select their best option for his recovery, but it could bring some life-changing consequences.

Skye makes sure nobody knows she’s keeping Jax safe and sound, and that nobody can get to him.
Alexis troubles herself about Jax’s welfare, as Mac tends to her.
Skye laughs at Tracy’s squirming misery.
Anthony finishes Siobhan off, mercilessly. Before she fades away completely, Siobhan hurriedly works on a message for Lucky to find.
Elizabeth is bothered by the likelihood that Lucky will turn on her for Siobhan dying.
Lucky keeps missing Siobhan’s final message to him.
Losing himself in addiction seems so tempting to Lucky right about now.
Steve asks Elizabeth if she is responsible for stealing prescription drugs (to counter-act Lucky’s forced drug use) from GH, when Matt protects her with some bullcrap story.
Matt stumbles upon Siobhan’s final message for Lucky.
Matt goes to Lucky with Siobhan’s final message, expecting deciphering.
Anthony strikes, taking a GH patient down.
Lucky has an opportunity to review a message from Siobhan.
Matt comes upon a key piece of text.

The Georgie tombstone field trip manages to make some dents in the usually unflappable Jackal, P.I. Question is, will this be the final shove to put him back with Maxie?
As a last resort, Maxie brings Jackal, P.I. to Georgie’s grave, to jar this kid back to his true self. Something jars.
Jackal, P.I. fixates on this bakery angle.
Splitsville for Diane and Max? She may turn around and take Coleman as her lover next.

Next week: Looks like Carly and Shawn make inroads in their relationship, deepening trust… Kristina makes her antagonism known to her father, Sonny… Kristina appears stricken with cancer, or something… Lucky and Lulu have a nasty quarrel… Skye receives a guest most unexpected… Carly, Sam, Elizabeth, and Monica allow themselves the luxury of dreaming about how Jason will turn out after his brain clears… Matt lends a helping hand to Elizabeth… Ethan and Johnny must contend with powerful Skye. It’s all they can do not to feel out of their league.

News for the week of 22-Aug-2011
by Carol Banks Weber

When new head writer Garin Wolf came back on the scene, he courteously asked actor Steve Burton (Jason) if he needed a preview of coming attractions, to prepare. Burton replied that he did not; he is the type of actor who preferred to receive his scripts for the week, study them, then put on a show, not one who required advanced notice. Besides, Burton doesn’t need any advanced notice for assurance from the likes of Wolf, whom he trusts and believes in implicitly. As many other GH actors have remarked, Wolf brings a whole other energy to the stories, layered, emotionally tinged, focused, prepared, and logical for the characters and their histories. With the recent car crash, Burton looked forward to whatever happens next—whether he goes back to Jason Quartermaine, remains Jason Morgan, or an entirely different animal—and there will be a “life-changing” consequence. As long as he doesn’t wake up from it all spouting Jackal, P.I. jargon, joked Burton, “or else he’d have to shoot himself – or at least punch himself in the face [laughs]. [Soap Opera Digest, August 9, 2011]”

Gossip for the week of 22-Aug-2011
by Carol Banks Weber

Prospect Park reportedly still has the rights to pick up GH for its online endeavor. Yet, nothing’s been said about GH’s status on ABC Daytime.

Buzz is strong that two major leads will depart GH before too long. Guesses include Kimberly McCullough (Robin), as Robin possibly faces a dying love story with Patrick, Jason Thompson (Patrick), Kelly Monaco (Sam) :cool1::worship::banana::cool1:, and Jonathan Jackson (Lucky).

News for the week of 22-Aug-2011
by Carol Banks Weber

When new head writer Garin Wolf came back on the scene, he courteously asked actor Steve Burton (Jason) if he needed a preview of coming attractions, to prepare. Burton replied that he did not; he is the type of actor who preferred to receive his scripts for the week, study them, then put on a show, not one who required advanced notice. Besides, Burton doesn’t need any advanced notice for assurance from the likes of Wolf, whom he trusts and believes in implicitly. As many other GH actors have remarked, Wolf brings a whole other energy to the stories, layered, emotionally tinged, focused, prepared, and logical for the characters and their histories. With the recent car crash, Burton looked forward to whatever happens next—whether he goes back to Jason Quartermaine, remains Jason Morgan, or an entirely different animal—and there will be a “life-changing” consequence. As long as he doesn’t wake up from it all spouting Jackal, P.I. jargon, joked Burton, “or else he’d have to shoot himself – or at least punch himself in the face [laughs]. [Soap Opera Digest, August 9, 2011]”

Gossip for the week of 22-Aug-2011
by Carol Banks Weber

Prospect Park reportedly still has the rights to pick up GH for its online endeavor. Yet, nothing’s been said about GH’s status on ABC Daytime.

Buzz is strong that two major leads will depart GH before too long. Guesses include Kimberly McCullough (Robin), as Robin possibly faces a dying love story with Patrick, Jason Thompson (Patrick), Kelly Monaco (Sam) :cool1::worship::banana::cool1:, and Jonathan Jackson (Lucky).

:rotfl:

No don't let them take a poll.. Then the one we wanted off they would give more air time :rotfl:

We're coming up on 250 pages and if I am correct this thread will get locked soon.

If it's ok with everyone, I'll start a new one.

:woohoo:

Time for a new thread! I guess we have a lot to say :happytv:

Can I just say before we go -- Sonny in the chapel is too little too late for me? Much like Robin, I'm just disgusted and frankly done. This new Kate better be amazing if she's going to help me tolerate him.

Maria :upsidedow

Just going to post these then I'll start a new thread for my girlies ;)

Steve Burton on Jason's Life or Death Surgery

The mother of all soap-amnesia plots — the woeful tale of Jason on General Hospital — is about to take a curious turn. Long story short: Back in 1995, rich, wholesome preppy Jason Quartermaine (played by Steve Burton) was left mentally damaged and memory-free after a car accident and split from his family to become underworld hit man Jason Morgan. Now he's been seriously injured in yet another crash and will require life-or-death brain surgery. During the intense procedure (airing August 26 and 29), the women in Jason's life — fiancée Sam (Kelly Monaco) :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:, mom Monica (Leslie Charleson), ex-lover Liz (Rebecca Herbst) :banana::cool1::banana: and BFF Carly (Laura Wright) — will fantasize about how their relationships with him would be different if he hadn't turned mobster. TV Guide Magazine spoke with the Emmy-winning Burton about these "What If...?" scenarios and that even bigger question hanging over everyone at GH. Will the show be cancelled?

TV Guide Magazine: These fantasy sequences sound like real fan-pleasers, especially for the Liz and Jason nuts who have never given up — or shut up — about a "Liason" reunion. :thumbsup2
Burton: They have a real passion for seeing Elizabeth and Jason together and this is only going to make it worse! But that's a good thing. [Laughs] Liz's fantasy is going to drive the fans crazy! I think this idea has always been in the viewers' minds. What if Jason got in another accident? How would he wake up? Would he return to his old self? So we're doing some cool stuff with that. With the exception of Sam, who doesn't want Jason to change at all, everyone wants him to be somebody else. Monica wants her son back. Carly still has that little glimmer of hope that it might work out romantically for her and Jason. Their fantasies were a chance for me, after many, many years, to lighten up and loosen up and have fun playing a few different Jasons.

TV Guide Magazine: Plus, we get Stuart Damon back on the show!
Burton: It was awesome to be back with the Quartermaines having a good ole Quartermaine argument in the Quartermaine living room. I grew up in that room! And to have Stuart back as Alan — even for just a day — was just so cool. I really miss all that. It brought back a lot of memories to be working with Leslie and Stuart, and Jane Elliot [Tracy] and John Ingle [Edward]. There's some big history there, but when the Qs got to quarrelling, it's like no time had passed at all. We got right back into the swing of it.

TV Guide Magazine: Now you don't wear anything but black. Did they make you wear Jason's infamous Christmas reindeer sweater in Monica's fantasy?
Burton: No sweater, dude! The producers every once in a while threaten me when I get out of line. "You better shape up or you'll be back in that sweater and we'll make you grow your gold mullet back out!"

TV Guide Magazine: And you'll have to smile!
Burton: Right! "And we're gonna make you smile... a lot!" Which they know I hate. Before Jason's brain damage, they had him wearing sweaters and serving tea to his grandma Lila [Anna Lee]. It drove me crazy! I owe everything to that accident.

TV Guide Magazine: How come no Sonny [Maurice Benard] fantasy? It'd be a hoot to see what his life's like without his precious hit man.
Burton: [Laughs] Are you kidding? Without Jason, Sonny would be homeless pushing a cart down the street. We already have plenty of scenes on the show where he's talking to himself. He'd be lost without me! He'd have to do the work himself, and he couldn't do it.

TV Guide Magazine: Since you haven't been fired, I guess we can safely assume Jason survives the surgery. What are your thoughts on his engagement to Sam?
Burton: It's a huge step for Jason but it's time they take this relationship to the next level whatever that is — marriage, kids, dealing with real life. Don't you feel it's time? :headache::scared1::rolleyes:

TV Guide Magazine: Uh, yeah, considering Sam doesn't give a hoot what Jason does for a living. He might wanna grab this one.
Burton: Exactly! Who else but Sam wants to be with a serial killer? That's why this relationship works and needs to move forward. Will we hit a few hurdles on the way to the marriage? Sure. Will we have a kid? :eek:

TV Guide Magazine: And, if they do, will Sam turn into another Brenda, who was fine with Sonny's mob life until she had a child of her own?
Burton: No matter what happens, Jason cannot get out of the business. We've seen that. He can't. It doesn't work. So who knows? Maybe he and Sam will have a problem with that. I don't ask what's coming up. I saw [new GH head writer] Garin Wolf on the set one day and he said, "Has [exec producer] Jill Phelps told you what we'll be doing with your character?" I said, "No. She's tried to but I don't really want to know." He's, like, "You don't? But I have story for the next four months!" Sorry, nope. I read my script the night before and I report for work and do it. I don't want to fight anything, like I used to do when I was young. I want to be a team player. I really trust Garin. I love [former head writer] Bob Guza and will forever be grateful for the opportunities he gave me, but he's an action and event guy. Garin slows down a little more and really highlights relationships. It's a big change for me, but I'm rolling with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter