The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

If it works like MP at DLR did (And I have seen several users who have done both and say that it does), then you would be able to book the next one right after scanning into ToT. Once you have “paid” the price for the late booking of SDD by waiting the two hours before booking ToT, that SDD LL is “paid” and doesn’t figure into any future booking windows.
Yes this was our experience.

Tried at 7am (again today ugh) purchased RotR, SDD gone. MFSR had availability until mid-afternoon. I saw SDD pop up a few times but got an error booking. That has been a consistent experience.

GET said the app and bookings work better on an iPhone too.

TP has today as 3/10, but definitely not seeing that based on wait times. I think everyone is still trying to figure it out.

Booked ToT at 7am when SDD wasn't available. Return at 10am booked RnRC for 11am saw B&B in between. When I tapped current I could book next. If return time is later, book again in 2hrs. IMO I think rolling G+ are better on crowded days but there are others better than me with this stuff and I'm looking forward to hearing what they say.

I haven't been able to find any other cases that work so far. Tap or Two :)

Ya know I didn't necessarily believe the idea that a lot of first time or once in a lifetime folks don't look into things before their trip.. but now... I have got to talking to 5 families either in the line or on the bus and once they figure out I'm a dis nerd they ask for help. I've shown all of them Genie+ and walked through virtual que with them. I promise I wasn't being nosy or anything.. they just started asking. One family had me help them with an entire DHS plan of action as they were doing a second day and their first day there was not good.

I'm going to need to set alarms all week at 7am and 11am to check MDE to nail down our plan.

The Lightning Lane Availability Map at thrill-data.com is fascinating.

If you go back at least two days, you can see what was available for every LL attraction every 10 minutes.

It took me a little while to figure out exactly how to find the chart, but on the Wait Times menu, pick a park and then click Change Data Date. The Map for today is understandably incomplete (in fact, I couldn't even find it this morning), and the Map for yesterday is also incomplete for some reason.

Then scroll down on the page.

Ya know I didn't necessarily believe the idea that a lot of first time or once in a lifetime folks don't look into things before their trip.. but now... I have got to talking to 5 families either in the line or on the bus and once they figure out I'm a dis nerd they ask for help. I've shown all of them Genie+ and walked through virtual que with them. I promise I wasn't being nosy or anything.. they just started asking. One family had me help them with an entire DHS plan of action as they were doing a second day and their first day there was not good.
Yes to this! My previous post was about helping a friend with their first trip. She was going to "wing it" and asked me what Fast Passes she should book. I could not let her go down there without a plan so I gave her as much info as I knew. She said she feels a lot better about things now.

SDD was available well after 7am today. Had I been booking for our arrival, I would have had to wait until the return window met our ability to be in the parks. ROTR was also available after 7 for awhile.

will it be that way Friday? Who knows.

I am worried this may have been a glitch today. Maybe not... but my tip board and day were glitchy all day in MK..

TP has today as 3/10
Yesterday did, in fact, end up being a 3/10 per tp overall. MK individually was a 4 as was HS. This is why the LL’s did not run out. Looks like the sweet spot for Genie+ is crowd level 3-5. Anything less then 3 and you don’t need it. Anything more than 5 and it is impossible to get more then 1 or 2 worthwhile LL’s except maybe at MK.

First time using genie plus.
Just booked paid passes for Remy And Frozen.
I accidentally booked test track for 7:35(no idea how I confirmed this, was just looking at the time but oh well)

So now I can’t book another lightening land until 1? The cooling down starts at 11 park open?

First time using genie plus.
Just booked paid passes for Remy And Frozen.
I accidentally booked test track for 7:35(no idea how I confirmed this, was just looking at the time but oh well)

So now I can’t book another lightening land until 1? The cooling down starts at 11 park open?

Yes. But you could also cancel and book another instead but having been in Epcot I would keep it.

I guess! Apparently their travel agent has promised to do all that for them.. and didn't.
This just shows that you really need to know what to do yourself. We went in October and made good use of stacking in the MK. Now with a Feb trip planned I feel like I have to relearn the whole process!

I hope your day turns out to be a great one!

My 4 family members are linked to my account (they don't use MDE at all at the moment and don't have their own accounts). I always managed fast passes for everyone in the past so....
  • If I want to buy Genie+ for just 2 of the 4 for one day - can I do this?
  • At what time can I first purchase it? Or can I wake up at say 6:30am and get it for 2 of us and then book rides at 7am? (we are onsite)
  • If persons 3 and 4 decide they want Genie+ can I add them later that day? I realize they will have missed out on booking things early - and may not get or want the same things I had booked for myself
  • Would it be easier to share my password with them to login in as me on MDE app and they manage themselves this way or if they made their own accounts ...how would I link them back to me? (they are my husband and my young adult sons). I'm a bit concerned someone will get confused and cancel someone else's bookings thinking it is their own, etc.
We tend to split up and go different ways so I don't want to have to manage everyone if I can help it!

The answers to your first 3 questions are::

(1) Yes

(2) Yes, you can book Genie+ for the day anytime after midnight.

(3) Yes

Number 4 depends a lot on how reliable the other people are. I would share your concern that others with no experience dealing with MDE would inadvertently mess something up by cancelling or changing plans that you don’t want to change.

If you do trust everyone not to mess up, the best would probably be for everyone in the group to have their own MDE account and to add each other to their Friends and Family list with authority to share plans. That’s how our family of all adults does it. When I’m on the trip they usually defer to me to make the plans, but they can help with things like booking LL or making mobile orders using their own accounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter