The Food Was Not Undelicious: May 25-June 1, 2007!! Completed - Post #794

Wow...that Tonga Toast sure does look good Brenda. Are ADR's a must for this? Still hemming and hawing over Wishes Cruise, Poly Luau, and now this. Your pick would be?????________________________(money is no object:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: )

ooooh a fresh one..(Sorry B, I couldn't resist)

Great update Brenda - that first pic of you and Jay on the monorail is so cute :thumbsup2

We plan to have breakfast at Kona the morning of our cruise, before heading dockwards - I haven't actually made an ADR but I think I might have to now because I couldn't bear the thought that I may miss out on that delicious-looking Tonga Toast :dance3:

The plain old boring french toast looks good too - now I've heard that the tonga toast is pretty filling so I have a master plan. 1 order of TT with side of sausage, 1 order of POB with side of bacon and split 2 ways - can't go wrong :thumbsup2

LOVED the Kona post... I have ADR's for our next trip and can't WAIT!!!

Thaks for showing the French Toast... Don't let Jason read this but I don't think I could eat Tonga Toast early in the morning. I'm afraid it would send me into a diabetic coma.:)

Question - Where do you get the anniversary buttons? DH and I will be celebrating ours on our trip!!:cool1:

Thanks for the review. Looking forward to the next one.

Kona does sound great - and I love that confetti! Did you find out if you can buy it? I still never get why you have savoury stuff and sweet stuff on the same plate though:scared: - We just dont do this in the UK. Keep the sausages away from the banana bread for goodness sake!:scared1:

Its like when I see people putting waffles and syrup next to bacon and eggs:scared: :scared1: :scared:

OK, so it's an acquired taste. Purely American. BUT...you have to try syrup ON the bacon. Or sausage. Or any cured and smoked pork product. *drool*

Don't Europeans every mix salty and sweet? :confused3

What a great report so far! I can't believe I didn't come across this sooner:confused3 You have visited loads of places that I have ADR's for, so it was wonderul to read your glowing reviews of these places:thumbsup2
We are getting married in Disney and honeymooning for 3 weeks, on the DDP for 14 nights:banana: , so we too are hoping for that little extra pixie dust:pixidust:. We'll wear the buttons and the ears, where are the buttons located again?
I can't wait, not long to go now.

Okay already I want to change my ADR's for Kona now:lmao: I guess we could give the Poly another chance. We had such a BAD experience here last year that we swore that we would never go to the Poly again but you make a great argument for me.:goodvibes

My Dan would :love: :love: that Tonga Toast! He loves French Toast and he loves bananas. Match made in gastronomic heaven! :laughing: Now if I can just get down there to WDW :scratchin.......

FWIW = For what it's worth

Can someone help me out with TFS? I can't figure that one out!

Denise

Thanks Denise! I would not have gotten that one.

TFS...:confused3 "Totally for sure" :rotfl2: I haven't seen this one. What context was it used in?

FWIW = For what it's worth

Can someone help me out with TFS? I can't figure that one out!

Denise

hmmm....

Tactical Fighter Squadron?

Three Finger Salute?

Triumvirate (of) Fat Sausages?

Thanks For Sharing?

Toledo French School?

Tom Foolery Speak?

My final answer is D: Thanks for sharing!

Confetti and check please!:banana:

hmmm....

Tactical Fighter Squadron?

Three Finger Salute?

Triumvirate (of) Fat Sausages?

Thanks For Sharing?

Toledo French School?

Tom Foolery Speak?

Oh but I like C!!
Haven't I see that Triumvirate on CNN giving press conferences??
ROTFLMAO!! :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

Love the installment! I know that you used to be able to get the confetti somewhere in DTD, but my sleep-deprived, blonde-dyed mind can't remember where! I always buy some and bring back to spread the pixie dust between visits! Only the "between visits" used to be 6 weeks. Now it has stretched to 5 YEARS!! Will not stay away that long again!

And thanks for asking about my Jayboy! He is doing better, watching Zaboomafo and even acting like a Lemur sometimes again! He's laying on the sofa, with his 3 bears (Bear, Bubba and Bud) tucked in with him on one side of the blanket, and Mickey, Minnie, Pooh, Dorothy the Dinosaur, Henry the Octopus, Wags the Dog and Captain Fethersword tucked in the other end! If I could just get more than three hours sleep at a time....

Also, try some Blue Mountain Coffee from Jamaica! Really tastes good in a press.

Ummm can I just say YUM!!! Holy Fat Batman!!! That Tonga Toast looks like a very delicious hunk of chunk that I would have to do penance on the treadmill for like...a DAY...for daring to eat it!! I can't WAIT!!! :woohoo:

I have decided on the anniversary basket that you got for YOUR Jay! (I call my Jason "Jay" too!:thumbsup2 ) The CM I spoke with was so nice. She reminded me to get our anniversary buttons when we arrived!! If wearing that button is going to me some cream puffs sprinkled with Mickey Head candy...I'll never take the darn thing off! Free Food ROCKS!!! Especially when sprinkled with Mickey Heads!!

Just so you know, I'm reading through your trip report from the F&W festival...I've recently been introduced to your Grimace...okay seriously, I snotted Diet Coke through my nose when I read about the "good behavior" packets y'all made to give to your mom...I wasn't prepared for that amount of hilarity and took a drink mid read. I will now drink more carefully when reading your Trip Reports!:thumbsup2 Luckily I was prepared and not drinking diet coke when I got to the part about "Jason LIKES IT when I don't wear pants!" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

killing me dead girl.

LOVING IT!!!popcorn::

Wow, just now found this and everything looks great! Can't wait to read your review of the Chef's Table!

Very timely installment of the Tonga Toast! Hubby and I just decided last night to add a Kona breakfast OOP to our trip in Oct. b/c I can't stand not trying it and I can't bear to cancel one of our other ADRs in it's place. Like the DDP isn't going to have enough food already! Can you say "waddle, waddle"!:rotfl2:

So, can you tell me what's different about the coffee in a coffee press? We love a good cup of coffee and always spring for a pound of Jamaican Blue Mountain for our anniversary--now I fear I've been brewing blasphemously (now there's a word!) in our auto drip from Gevalia!

Hey brenda,
Great report so far, i can't wait to read more and to read your whole tr. you always do a great job on tr's. keep the great, funny stuff coming.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter