The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

We've done V&As main dining room 6-7 times and did the QVR last December. Only problem I had with it is that I can no longer go back to the main dining room now. Booked QVR for this coming December and I can't wait. We did the upgraded wine pairing last time which was really amazing. There were some incredible limited availability wines. I expect we'll do the same this time.

BTW - I had the cauliflower panna cotta (no caviar - I am allergic to seafood). Loved it! I also had some kind of fried rice cake with soy (I think) in an Asian-style dish. It was really simple but delicious. It's always such an experience eating there. I hate mushrooms but the first time we dined there I ended up with a morel mushroom pasta. Fifteen years later I can still almost taste it - earthy and creamy. It was fabulous. I still won't eat mushrooms EXCEPT at V&A. If I'm not allergic to it, I'll eat whatever the chef makes.

We had the 5:30 dining time and probably got back to the room about 10-ish (we were staying at GF that time). I've booked for 6:30 for our upcoming dinner. For me, dining at V&A is pretty much my "attraction" for the evening. I just want to rest afterwards particularly after the wine pairing.

I'm set up for my 3rd trip to the chef's table during F&W this year. I was hearing rumors about them doing something different but I can't find anything about it. Have they added any extra flair in previous years?

Ok thanks for the replies. I figured it was a long shot at 120 days. I think I will jus stave it for an adults only trip sometime - thanks!

Ok thanks for the replies. I figured it was a long shot at 120 days. I think I will jus stave it for an adults only trip sometime - thanks!
Waitlist and hope. We waitlisted about 3-4 months in advance for the whole time frame and got our actual wedding night in the QVR. Call them. They're the most amazing and accommodating staff to listen and people DO cancel.

Thank you for this thread. Taking my daughter there for her birthday and the pictures really helped her visualize. Tried for the Chefs table got Queen Victoria room.

I came across this photo I took on my first trip. It's being used as my wallpaper.

MGFMsrp.jpg

I'm set up for my 3rd trip to the chef's table during F&W this year. I was hearing rumors about them doing something different but I can't find anything about it. Have they added any extra flair in previous years?

Wow, I'd love to know what your secret is getting a reservation for the chef's table. I have tried so many times and just can't get one. I settled on the QVR with no complaints though. :confused3

Wow, I'd love to know what your secret is getting a reservation for the chef's table. I have tried so many times and just can't get one. I settled on the QVR with no complaints though. :confused3
Book a fake room reservation that starts 10 days before the first day you want (so it gets 180+10) and call as soon as they open that morning. If that day fails, try again on the next day that works for you. That way you're the first person eligible to book it and are only competing with anyone else trying to call in.

My husband and I have reservations in the QVR for our anniversary. Does anyone know if V&A will do a beer pairing for my husband? He loves different beers and would prefer a beer pairing with this meal. We will be there during F&W so I was hoping they would have access to a range of beer options. TIA!!!!!!

My husband and I have reservations in the QVR for our anniversary. Does anyone know if V&A will do a beer pairing for my husband? He loves different beers and would prefer a beer pairing with this meal. We will be there during F&W so I was hoping they would have access to a range of beer options. TIA!!!!!!

Yes, Israel offered this up as an option on our next visit so I'm sure he does it for people from time to time, not sure how they'd price it though. However, I'm not going to take him up on it, to me, the wine selection far surpasses the beer selection. Even though they do have some nicer options on the beer list there's nothing especially amazing from when I looked at the beer list compared to what's out there.

I'm not sure if it's updated but it'd be worth a look.

I'd also shy away from it for turnover reasons, or request that no IPAs or vanilla/coffee stouts be included in the pairings as I'm sure the turnover is fairly low and their flavors deteriorate far faster than other stronger styles Imperial Stouts, Belgian Dubbels/Tripels/Quads, American Strong Ales, etc.

If your husband's a "beer geek" he may be disappointed, I was hoping to find a treasure trove of limited or vintage options like what's available at some of the better beer bars across the country with stuff like vintage sours/lambics/gueuzes, limited run barrel aged imperial stouts, harder to find trappist beers that come in very limited numbers to the states (wasn't expecting anything from Westvleteren but some of the more rare Rocheforts and La Trappes), maybe some crazy DeMolen beers like Hel en Verdoemenis Batch 666 or anything from Cantillon or vintage American Barleywines like Rogue's Old Crustacean or Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot from the mid 1990s or early 2000s?

I was hoping the beer selection would be in line with the quality of the wine and spirit selections but it's closer in rarity/specialness to the water list than the wine list. Turnover of the beer inventory could be a factor but, at the same time if they stocked some of the rarer more fortified options their turnover could stay low while simultaneously keeping or increasing the quality and rareness of the inventory.

I also think the craft beer landscape is too fad oriented for this to work for the beer geek crowd as well as wine and spirits do. The hot-right-now styles will be all the beer geek crowd will want and those, in turn will be the most difficult to source.

Last edited:
Do we have any recent menus available? We'll be there in a couple of weeks for our second visit and are so excited!

Yes, Israel offered this up as an option on our next visit so I'm sure he does it for people from time to time, not sure how they'd price it though. However, I'm not going to take him up on it, to me, the wine selection far surpasses the beer selection. Even though they do have some nicer options on the beer list there's nothing especially amazing from when I looked at the beer list compared to what's out there.

I'm not sure if it's updated but it'd be worth a look.

I'd also shy away from it for turnover reasons, or request that no IPAs or vanilla/coffee stouts be included in the pairings as I'm sure the turnover is fairly low and their flavors deteriorate far faster than other stronger styles Imperial Stouts, Belgian Dubbels/Tripels/Quads, American Strong Ales, etc.

If your husband's a "beer geek" he may be disappointed, I was hoping to find a treasure trove of limited or vintage options like what's available at some of the better beer bars across the country with stuff like vintage sours/lambics/gueuzes, limited run barrel aged imperial stouts, harder to find trappist beers that come in very limited numbers to the states (wasn't expecting anything from Westvleteren but some of the more rare Rocheforts and La Trappes), maybe some crazy DeMolen beers like Hel en Verdoemenis Batch 666 or anything from Cantillon or vintage American Barleywines like Rogue's Old Crustacean or Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot from the mid 1990s or early 2000s?

I was hoping the beer selection would be in line with the quality of the wine and spirit selections but it's closer in rarity/specialness to the water list than the wine list. Turnover of the beer inventory could be a factor but, at the same time if they stocked some of the rarer more fortified options their turnover could stay low while simultaneously keeping or increasing the quality and rareness of the inventory.

I also think the craft beer landscape is too fad oriented for this to work for the beer geek crowd as well as wine and spirits do. The hot-right-now styles will be all the beer geek crowd will want and those, in turn will be the most difficult to source.

Thank you very much for this information. It truly helps. My husband is a beer geek and loves trying new and different beers that are not easily accessible where we live (PA). He actually loves local breweries that often brew small batches. So it seems he may not be impressed with a possible beer pairing at V&A. Do you happen to know if they have an online beer selection list I can review? If not then we will possibly skip this as an option for drinks at our dinner.

Thank you very much for this information. It truly helps. My husband is a beer geek and loves trying new and different beers that are not easily accessible where we live (PA). He actually loves local breweries that often brew small batches. So it seems he may not be impressed with a possible beer pairing at V&A. Do you happen to know if they have an online beer selection list I can review? If not then we will possibly skip this as an option for drinks at our dinner.

I checked the wine list yesterday on the V&A own website when I was writing this hoping to find it there, but no luck. It ha(d) one of the better if not the best beer selections on property at the time I last looked (2+ years ago) but nothing compared to places like Ebenezer's Pub in Maine, Tornado Pub in San Francisco, or Blind Tiger Ale House in NYC which is the type of selection that I would expect from V&A especially considering craft beer has taken off quite a bit in this past decade (bottled selections, not expecting V&A to have dozens of taps).

I would still urge him to at least take a gander at what they have and see if he thinks that they could make a viable pairing, in his and your opinion given the number of beers they have, the styles, and the menu at V&A that day.

You could try calling the Victoria and Albert's reservation line and asking for one, they seem to be some of the most helpful/responsive cast members.

You could also ask if they have a certified Cicerone in house that could help guide with the pairing choices. Israel could be one for all I know.

Last edited:
Two questions:
1) Is it recommended for people who don't drink alcohol?
2) Is getting a reservation at 120 days out even a remote possibility? I don't see any availability during Nov 5th-14th as of now.

Regarding your question about alcohol...
I am not really a "foodie," nor a wine connoisseur. That said, we had dinner at V&A about a year ago and while I enjoyed the little portions of this and that that comprised the dinner, the wine pairings were out of this world. They were all truly delicious and made the meal for me.

But whether you drink or not, probably every hard-core Disney fan is gonna have a bee in their bonnet until they get to try V&A. I'm glad I got to check it off the bucket list. I think they get a lot of cancellations and if you call directly, there may be a waitlist. They handle V&A reservations much more personally than they do at the other WDW restaurants.

Do we have any recent menus available? We'll be there in a couple of weeks for our second visit and are so excited!
The menu for this restaurant changes constantly, because they get fresh ingredients constantly. I had the opportunity to eat here for the first time in the beginning of July, and the meal was the best I have ever had. I am confident that whatever the menu is, you will have a great experience.

The menu for this restaurant changes constantly, because they get fresh ingredients constantly. I had the opportunity to eat here for the first time in the beginning of July, and the meal was the best I have ever had. I am confident that whatever the menu is, you will have a great experience.

:thanks:Oh yes - I totally agree, which is why we are returning for another anniversary celebration. I was just hoping to kind of get a sneak preview as it is likely that a few of the items will remain on the menu. CAN. NOT. WAIT!

I checked the wine list yesterday on the V&A own website when I was writing this hoping to find it there, but no luck. It ha(d) one of the better if not the best beer selections on property at the time I last looked (2+ years ago) but nothing compared to places like Ebenezer's Pub in Maine, Tornado Pub in San Francisco, or Blind Tiger Ale House in NYC which is the type of selection that I would expect from V&A especially considering craft beer has taken off quite a bit in this past decade (bottled selections, not expecting V&A to have dozens of taps).

I would still urge him to at least take a gander at what they have and see if he thinks that they could make a viable pairing, in his and your opinion given the number of beers they have, the styles, and the menu at V&A that day.

You could try calling the Victoria and Albert's reservation line and asking for one, they seem to be some of the most helpful/responsive cast members.

You could also ask if they have a certified Cicerone in house that could help guide with the pairing choices. Israel could be one for all I know.
Thank you very much. I think I will give them a call ahead of time and see what they say. There is no harm in asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter