The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Basically you get one-each of everything that is on the Dining Room menu, but in smaller portions. And it takes about four hours.

Thanks for the confirmation. What happens if someone in the party is allergic to something, like shellfish? No one gets it?

I dined at V&A this spring with my girlfriends and next year we're all going back with our families and taking our husbands to experience CT. On the first dining experience, we had a 5:30 seating and by the time we were done, it was too late to have the in-house Photopass photographer take our picture as they'd just closed up shop at 9:00! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the confirmation. What happens if someone in the party is allergic to something, like shellfish? No one gets it?

I dined at V&A this spring with my girlfriends and next year we're all going back with our families and taking our husbands to experience CT. On the first dining experience, we had a 5:30 seating and by the time we were done, it was too late to have the in-house Photopass photographer take our picture as they'd just closed up shop at 9:00! :thumbsup2

We just got back from our trip and went to V&A...it was amazing...I told them I won't eat eggs or seafood...DH got seafood...I did not...So it doesn't pertain to the whole group...
Experience was A-MAZING!

Checking in on this thread and getting excited for our V&A experience in the Queen Victoria Room on 12/19! Reading the recent posts made me realize that I better figure out what I'll be wearing that night! I was worried DH wouldn't want to go because of the dress code for men, but he appreciates good food and wine more than he dislikes wearing a sports coat. We head to the inlaws after our WDW vacation and they informed us that we will have Sunday brunch on 12/26 at a place that also requires a sport coat, so DH will get 2 uses out packing it (hope for no spills!).

Thanks also for the post about the fireworks. I love Wishes and never saw it from GF. That will be a treat as well.

Otherwise, I have avoided reading a lot of details about the meal and experience so that I can just enjoy and be wowed.

I missed the post about the fireworks :confused3. I'm going to be at V&A at 8:30 on my birthday. It's a MVMCP night; will I be able to see Holiday Wishes from V&A? That would be wonderful. I LOVE fireworks!

Second question - if I want only a couple of glasses of wine, can I ask for suggestions for the particular courses? Let's say appetizer & entree, to do a sort of "mini-pairing"?

We dined at V&A tonight (our fourth time since 2008).
The wine pairings are served with each course and are designed to compliment and embellish each serving.
For example, we started with Pommery Royal Brut Champagne and continued with a pleasant Domaine King Estate Pinot Gris (serving: Applewood Sod Buffalo "Waldorf"). Next came a unique Kanbara Gohyakumngoku Junmai Ginjo (essentially a Japanese rice wine to go along with the Sake-Soy marinated Alaskan King Salmon). The next wine was a superbly fruity Cru "Montage Vineyard" Chardonnay (serving: Roasted Butternut Squash Soup w/Tortellini). Next came the '06 Trinitas Zinfandel (serving: Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin [NOTE: never confuse a Trintas Zinfandel with White Zinfandel, the bland overproduced popular wine that has no assets!]. Finally, a stately Quonto do Crasto Port was served. It was suprisingly rich despite its 2005 bottling (serving: assorted cheeses).
The wine portions are appropriate; however, collectively you will feel them. We have seen the uninitiated guided out the door because they had no idea about the total amount of wine they would consume.
Nevertheless, the V&A experience is just that: an experience. Each serving is singularly unique and memorable.
All the best. :thumbsup2

Thanks for that great info. Now my question is what would you get if you split a wine pairing. If my husband wanted a different entree that would change the wine, right? I doubt we will be getting the exact same things so just wondering how they split the wines. Can I just ask them to pair it to husband's foods. Really, I just want a taste of them and dont' want to sip out of his glass, too fancy of a place to do that.

I'm also curious about splitting the wine pairings at Chef's Table. We have a reservation for May and are interested in getting the wine pairings, but we are a little concerned that with even a modest pour with each course it might get to be a little too much... Has anyone done this?

One time I was at CT with some relatives, one did not eat any seafood and one could not eat any shellfish. Each one got substitutions and, very impressive, each one's menu told what they had.
I missed the post about the fireworks :confused3. I'm going to be at V&A at 8:30 on my birthday. It's a MVMCP night; will I be able to see Holiday Wishes from V&A? That would be wonderful. I LOVE fireworks!
V&A is in a fully-inside location and has no windows.

Second question - if I want only a couple of glasses of wine, can I ask for suggestions for the particular courses? Let's say appetizer & entree, to do a sort of "mini-pairing"?
Yes. You can order wine by the glass. I know that Israel Perez is one step away from being a Master Sommelier and can make suggestions which would work for multiple courses.
I'm also curious about splitting the wine pairings at Chef's Table. We have a reservation for May and are interested in getting the wine pairings, but we are a little concerned that with even a modest pour with each course it might get to be a little too much... Has anyone done this?
You do not have to have each person buy the wine pairings. And if you order one Pairings to be split between two people they will actually give each person their own glasses.

We just got back from our trip and went to V&A...it was amazing...I told them I won't eat eggs or seafood...DH got seafood...I did not...So it doesn't pertain to the whole group...
Experience was A-MAZING!

Oh yeah, they were very accommodating for my girlfriend who can't eat seafood or shellfish when we were in the main dining room in March. Her menu was different from ours for sure. But given the way Chef's Table is organized differently, I wasn't sure how they make dietary restrictions work.

For those who are not sure about the wine pairings, I should give my experience. I am not a wine drinker - for the most part, I just don't enjoy wine. (I'm a "super-taster" and particularly sensitive to bitter flavors.) I was just going to have a glass of wine as part of the experience, but then I realized that by the time I had wine and champagne (which I do like) with the first course, I was better off just getting the pairing. I LOVED IT. Seriously. There was one wine I didn't really enjoy (a sake) but everything seemed really well paired and it did add to the experience for me. The pours are modest and I don't think I finished any of them (except the champagne), but I am very glad I did the pairings and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Oh yeah, they were very accommodating for my girlfriend who can't eat seafood or shellfish when we were in the main dining room in March. Her menu was different from ours for sure. But given the way Chef's Table is organized differently, I wasn't sure how they make dietary restrictions work.

**OOps...we were in the Queen Victoria room...not CT...Sorry didnt read that part.

We are dining in the Queen Victoria Room on Sunday night. When should we expect a call to discuss our dining preferences? Haven't heard anything yet. The IPO assisted with the reservation but I ended up emailing directly with V&A when we switched to the QVR.

Back from our trip.:)

QVR was incredible!!!!!!!:santa::love::hug:

I am doing a dining review of the trip on the dining reviews thread.

We are dining in the Queen Victoria Room on Sunday night. When should we expect a call to discuss our dining preferences? Haven't heard anything yet. The IPO assisted with the reservation but I ended up emailing directly with V&A when we switched to the QVR.

We were contacted 5 days before our dinner.

We were contacted 5 days before our dinner.

Thanks for the quick reply! I would love to read your review but I decided not to read anything about it until after we have our meal so I can truly be wowed. I usually read up about every detail but I know that it will be spectacular and just want to enjoy each moment.

I will read your review and post my own and we can compare notes!

I just called them... I hadn't heard from them and I didn't want to deal with that during the trip.

What are teh chances of a cancellation? I really wanted to do the QVR but it was all ready booked when I made my reservation. I'm sure things come up and people cancel but is there a waiting list or shoudl I just call adn see?

I just canceled last week for Dec. 20 (regular dining room), so I'd keep trying. As far as I know there's no waiting list (but call and check to make sure). I'd definitely call right around the cancellation time (is it 24 or 48 hours?)

I am very glad I just called V&A to confirm for Sunday night. Turns out the reason I didn't hear from them is that they had an old number on file. I have no idea why that number is still in the system. The IPO made the reservation for us so they must have used something that pulled up somewhere. I corrected the number with V& A and the IPO and hopefully it won't pop up again. A similar thing happened last year with our email address. (Hmmmm, wonder if that is why I never got my "welcome" email from the IPO this year. Thought it was all updated.)

In any case, I requested lactose free for DH and no blue cheese for me!

I was reading along and wondering if I should be worried that I hadn't gotten a call yet since our reservation is thie Wednesday and my phone started ringing. It was Victoria and Albert's! We're excited to eat there for the first time next week! :)

In any case, I requested lactose free for DH and no blue cheese for me!

Ooooo, would you mind posting the lactose-free menu that they served you when you get back? I am lactose intolerant and was wondering how they would approach the courses (especially dessert & cheese/gelato course, and breads with butter!) if I were to go here and request it.

It may be after Christmas, but I will definitely share.
Does anybody know who usually calls from V&A? Since I called them, I spoke to whoever answered the phone at their reservation number that was on our confirmation letter. Is that the same place I would have spoken with had they called me? I am just a little nervous about our request getting to the right place...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter