The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

I just wanted to say that the Gold Bond powder body spray is the best! I get rashes under my belly and breasts when I get hot and sweaty, so I sprayed it liberally in those areas each morning and never had a problem in the 5 park days in a row we did. It was in the 90s with index over 100 too! I ordered it from Publix with our instacart order I had delivered to the resort.
Great tip! Thank you!!

I seriously can’t thank you enough for all of this!! Truly, thank you! If you don’t mind me asking, how is your endurance? That worries me as much (possibly more) than back pain. My endurance is not good right now. Before getting pregnant I was doing hour long cardio kickboxing classes easily. Now, I feel a little winded walking around Target.

My endurance is not very good! I can’t climb one flight of stairs without being quite winded. Just walk at a slow pace and sit when you need to catch your breath.

I'm leaving for WDW is 4 weeks and I've managed to lose 35lbs but I'm still 275, 5'7, and carry most of my weight is hips, butt, and thighs. I see here alot of heavier people have almost no problems with the rides but from what I see, the majority of people carry their weight in their bellies. Since my hips are 60 inches around I'm stressing big time that I won't fit in the actual seat. Especially RnR and EE. In yalls opinion will I fit? If it helps, I just flew southwest and fit in the airplane seat and did not need a belt extension (barely). TIA!!

I'm leaving for WDW is 4 weeks and I've managed to lose 35lbs but I'm still 275, 5'7, and carry most of my weight is hips, butt, and thighs. I see here alot of heavier people have almost no problems with the rides but from what I see, the majority of people carry their weight in their bellies. Since my hips are 60 inches around I'm stressing big time that I won't fit in the actual seat. Especially RnR and EE. In yalls opinion will I fit? If it helps, I just flew southwest and fit in the airplane seat and did not need a belt extension (barely). TIA!!

You will absolutely have NO problem on RnR or EE! Have fun!

For those of you who use products to help with thigh chafing (Gold Bond, Bodyglide, etc.) which do you prefer and why? Also, do you find you need to reapply throughout the day or is once before leaving parks enough?

I’m sure finding really well fitting shorts is probably the best option, but I haven’t had much luck with that and chafing is becoming a problem! I’m pear shaped and my hips are much larger than my waist, so my shorts are always slipping down enough that it leaves a gap between the fabric and the top of my inner thighs.

I fit again on Flight of Passage (first time was last September). It was tight though, I really want to get serious about losing weight when I get home. I’m a size 26 bottom, 22/24 top (I’m very hip-py). They had to adjust my restraints for FOP but it was no problem.

We also went to Universal which was awesome. Yes, there are many rides I couldn’t do that I would have liked. The two big coasters were out. Forbidden Journey was close, Gringotts was no way in hell. The shinguards for Gringotts make that restraint tough. But there was still plenty of rides I could go on, so it was worth it!

I, too, am pooh sized and I discovered Pammy Plus Parks on Youtube recently. She does reviews of the rides for pooh sized guests. She gives a wealth of information, records the rides, great pictures of seats and restraints. Watching her videos has taken a bit of the edge off.

For those of you who use products to help with thigh chafing (Gold Bond, Bodyglide, etc.) which do you prefer and why? Also, do you find you need to reapply throughout the day or is once before leaving parks enough?

I’m sure finding really well fitting shorts is probably the best option, but I haven’t had much luck with that and chafing is becoming a problem! I’m pear shaped and my hips are much larger than my waist, so my shorts are always slipping down enough that it leaves a gap between the fabric and the top of my inner thighs.

I've traveled to WDW several times with a pear shaped pooh sized friend and she swears by wearing cool dry bike shorts under a skirt, and she doesn't have to worry about flashing anyone either:)

I'm not Pooh-sized, so I feel a bit guilty posting here, but I find SportShield works much better for me than Body Glide. I find the silicone in SportShield is more durable with perspiration and rougher surfaces. (I use it for sports, especially where my wetsuit meets my neck and makes me bleed otherwise.) Most of my friends prefer it to Body Glide as well. Might be worth a try at home before trying anything new whilst on holidays.

Last edited:
I've traveled to WDW several times with a pear shaped pooh sized friend and she swears by wearing cool dry bike shorts under a skirt, and she doesn't have to worry about flashing anyone either:)
I never thought about this. Great idea! I thought about wearing workout leggings, but not sure i’m good with the idea of that much exposure. The skirt on top would be cute and cover up more.

I'm not Pooh-sized, so I feel a bit guilty posting here, but I find SportShield works much better for me than Body Glide. I find the silicone in SportShield is more durable with perspiration and rougher surfaces. (I use it for sports, especially where my wetsuit meets my neck and makes me bleed otherwise.) Most of my friends prefer it to Body Glide as well. Might be worth a try at home before trying anything new whilst on holidays.
Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll check this out.

My husband and I use A & D cream from the baby aisle. We think it works great! I use it under breasts, belly, and we both use for our thighs.

I have loved reading all these posts. Last I went to Disney was 2017. I was around 190 and I had been running. I ran in the Princess Half that year. Well I went down hard on Mile 7 and wound up breaking my ankle, but didn't know it until i got back, just dealt with it and thought it was badly sprained. I was at Disney after all and i was not going to let anything ruin that. Fast forward 2 years later. I have had to have 2 ankle surgeries and a hysterectomy. Because of depression issues and hormone issues I am now up to 235. I was really worried about going at the end of this year. I hope to lose weight before then, but if I don't, I'm okay with knowing that I can still do the things I want to do with my girls.

I have loved reading all these posts. Last I went to Disney was 2017. I was around 190 and I had been running. I ran in the Princess Half that year. Well I went down hard on Mile 7 and wound up breaking my ankle, but didn't know it until i got back, just dealt with it and thought it was badly sprained. I was at Disney after all and i was not going to let anything ruin that. Fast forward 2 years later. I have had to have 2 ankle surgeries and a hysterectomy. Because of depression issues and hormone issues I am now up to 235. I was really worried about going at the end of this year. I hope to lose weight before then, but if I don't, I'm okay with knowing that I can still do the things I want to do with my girls.
You will have a wonderful time with you children. My best memories are our Disney Vacations.

Amberdc1987 - I can’t comment on how your ankles might work, but your weight should not get in the way at all. I was that size 20+ years ago, and never had any issues. I know there are many new things since then but you should be fine. Have fun with your family.

Is there a test car for 7DMT that we can try before getting in line?

Kurt, I might be too late getting to you here, but I am almost 6'4" and I weigh about 380. I can fit on 7DMT. The large upper body isn't a problem at all. The fit is mostly troubling in the legs. I have to uncomfortably squeeze my thighs together to pull the U-shaped bar back over them. It hurts the outside of my thighs but I can manage long enough for the ride.

I was worried after reading so many people say they couldn't fit just because they were 6'2" and 280.... I guess I can smush better than they can. :)

EDITED TO ADD: I am remembering here, but I think I found that if I cross my legs at the ankles it helps to fold under that stinkin' bar....

EDITED TO ADD: I am remembering here, but I think I found that if I cross my legs at the ankles it helps to fold under that stinkin' bar....

This trick definitely helped me last time I rode 7DMT. I found when I cross my ankles like that, it forces my thighs together a little closer, at least for a moment, which is when I squeeze the bar over them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter