The Ever-changing US-IOA-SW-BG TR - June 2016 Trip - COMPLETE!

The post-vacation-blues are the WORST! I have found myself not wanting a trip to get here just because I know it will go by SO fast, and then I'll be bummed, having nothing left to look forward to.

Sorry you are having to deal with a sick cat, it's so hard. We had a dog for many years, and it sure does get expensive when they are sick! We were hoping to go to Costa Rica (w/ABD) in 2009, but had to drop a couple thousand on vet bills, so we pushed the trip back to 2010, and by then I was pregnant. And kids can't go until they are 6, so I still haven't been to Costa Rica, lol! I don't think DH will ever let us have another furbaby :(

I had to laugh about your excitement over NOT changing anything! I haven't been too bad about it the last few months, but our Disney trip a few years ago... well I could have considered it a full time job for about 3 months, lol! Every day was a new chance to burn hours at the computer rearranging everything. It becomes an obsession.

Yes those blues are not fun at all. Only saving grace is that when I get back I can continue some kind of crazy planning mode since we are heading to Walt Disney World in November. I can always change more ADRs there, plan rides, etc. and I'll get to book rides in September. :-)

We have 4 cats and 1 dog and so far have been lucky. We've always had more than one cat and at least one dog, though we just recently upped our previous 'cat' record going from 3 to 4 cats. It has not been smooth sailing and thankfully my husband is mostly patient and understanding of our cat issues....he's a dog person.

There hasn't been too much planning involved with this Universal/SW/BG trip so far, but I have made no fewer than a dozen (probably more) hotel reservations since we decided on the trip. I just hope at this point I have cancelled all of the others I don't need. I just told my DH last night about our 2nd hotel being a SeaWorld partner hotel that should give us front of the line access at SeaWorld and he was psyched since he and the kids just want to do the "BIG" rides there.

We also spent time comparing SW and Universal from Orlando and San Diego. My SIL just got back from San Diego with her son visiting her somewhat "new" boyfriend who lives there. Her son (our nephew) is notorious for NOT wanting to ride anything, and it's frustrating when they go to parks with us since my kids do everything and having 3 kids it sure would be nice if the 4th kid of the family would ride stuff. She was bragging to my husband (her brother) last night via text how she got her son on Manta out in SW San Diego which seemed impressive to us...until she shared the ride photo and my DH looked at it and said...wait why are they sitting upright? Yeah the Manta ride in SanDiego is WAY different than Manta at Orlandoo_O. San Diego is more like a big kid coaster, no loops, sitting up, mostly flat and no big hills...and suddenly we were no longer impressed and there goes our plan of having them do more amusement parks with us. My kids cannot WAIT to ride Manta at SW even though they don't even realize they will get to do so this upcoming trip. :yo-yo:

Anyway right now the only decisions I have for this upcoming trip are when I'm going to purchase my Universal tickets here at work and when I'll book our Discovery Cove trip. Probably by next week for sure. Still waiting to see if the kids will have to attend school on the day we hope to leave and at this point it looks like they will do so. Guess it will be a long drive :car: into evening hours for us but worth it!

Yes those blues are not fun at all. Only saving grace is that when I get back I can continue some kind of crazy planning mode since we are heading to Walt Disney World in November. I can always change more ADRs there, plan rides, etc. and I'll get to book rides in September. :-)

We have 4 cats and 1 dog and so far have been lucky. We've always had more than one cat and at least one dog, though we just recently upped our previous 'cat' record going from 3 to 4 cats. It has not been smooth sailing and thankfully my husband is mostly patient and understanding of our cat issues....he's a dog person.

There hasn't been too much planning involved with this Universal/SW/BG trip so far, but I have made no fewer than a dozen (probably more) hotel reservations since we decided on the trip. I just hope at this point I have cancelled all of the others I don't need. I just told my DH last night about our 2nd hotel being a SeaWorld partner hotel that should give us front of the line access at SeaWorld and he was psyched since he and the kids just want to do the "BIG" rides there.

We also spent time comparing SW and Universal from Orlando and San Diego. My SIL just got back from San Diego with her son visiting her somewhat "new" boyfriend who lives there. Her son (our nephew) is notorious for NOT wanting to ride anything, and it's frustrating when they go to parks with us since my kids do everything and having 3 kids it sure would be nice if the 4th kid of the family would ride stuff. She was bragging to my husband (her brother) last night via text how she got her son on Manta out in SW San Diego which seemed impressive to us...until she shared the ride photo and my DH looked at it and said...wait why are they sitting upright? Yeah the Manta ride in SanDiego is WAY different than Manta at Orlandoo_O. San Diego is more like a big kid coaster, no loops, sitting up, mostly flat and no big hills...and suddenly we were no longer impressed and there goes our plan of having them do more amusement parks with us. My kids cannot WAIT to ride Manta at SW even though they don't even realize they will get to do so this upcoming trip. :yo-yo:

Anyway right now the only decisions I have for this upcoming trip are when I'm going to purchase my Universal tickets here at work and when I'll book our Discovery Cove trip. Probably by next week for sure. Still waiting to see if the kids will have to attend school on the day we hope to leave and at this point it looks like they will do so. Guess it will be a long drive :car: into evening hours for us but worth it!

Oh we are excited about Manta too! I was bummed that Hulk won't be open yet, but at least we have that to look forward to.

I'm a little afraid that my DS is going to be like your nephew - he does NOT like thrill rides, yet. Maybe he'll come around though, I agree it's frustrating when one insists on sitting out. It's so much easier when you can just all go together.

Oh we are excited about Manta too! I was bummed that Hulk won't be open yet, but at least we have that to look forward to.

I'm a little afraid that my DS is going to be like your nephew - he does NOT like thrill rides, yet. Maybe he'll come around though, I agree it's frustrating when one insists on sitting out. It's so much easier when you can just all go together.

Yes we definitely have lots of new stuff to try between US, IOA and SW as well as BG.

Honestly I don't think I'd care too much about him not riding if my SIL didn't insist on making such a SCENE about the whole thing EVERY TIME. She loves rides and he clearly DOESN'T but at least he no longer VOMITS while waiting in line thinking he might have to ride. Yeah...those were good times. Now we just all line up together and when the ride is there...he walks through and waits at the exit. It's just annoying that EVERY time he does ride something we have to hear about it FOREVER like it's some major accomplishment.

I'll never forget our visit to Disneyland a few summers ago. It was my kids' first time there and we were all in line for Pirates there. When the boat approached, my nephew walked into the boat...and quickly exited it on the other side and my SIL made NO attempt to go after him. Who did? My DH who had to wait there while the rest of his family (me and our 3 kids) rode it together. At least the cast member there was nice enough that when we returned, we asked if my DH could then ride it again with the kids without waiting...and they had no problem allowing that. Yet a day later, my SIL got my nephew on it 3 times in row and OMG we had to hear about it constantly how GREAT it was that he rode it three times in a row. UGH. Sadly he is only 6 months younger than MY youngest kid who rides everything and when my kids do hesitate...and then decide later to ride something...I am super proud of them and mention it but not CONSTANTLY for days. It just really grates on all of us after a while.

It's almost HERE...so hard to believe! Kids are definitely excited and still don't know about our possible "surprise" trip to Discovery Cove, which BTW I still haven't booked. All this crazy Florida storms have me a bit nervous. I hate to book this excursion and have it rain all day there. I can deal with the rain in the amusement parks...but I'm not sure I'll enjoy DC as much in the rain. o_O

So it's still a 90% or more possibility that we'll add it and if not I think we'll still at least add SeaWorld. I'll need to decide by NEXT week because I can purchase some great tickets to SeaWorld at work and I'd need to buy those before we leave if we don't have the Discovery Cove package. :-)

Also at this point it doesn't look like we'll be able to leave very early on Thursday as I'd hoped. :car: I have one kid with no exams to take that day, but the other two I think will need to do exams at least in the morning. So kid #2 is debating if she'll even go to school or stay home with her dad and help him get the truck ready for the trip. I'll most likely be taking one, or both, boys to school in the morning and picking them up maybe around :hourglass noonish? At least that's my hope.

We've already discussed packing and know we are going to haul a cooler with us for the trip. We'll pack sandwiches, drinks and snacks for the ride down and also probably lunchmeat and drinks and snacks for the room. We can save some money by just making some sandwiches for lunch a few times while there. I'm sure we will eat a few meals in the parks and even outside of the parks as well though.

This weekend we did hit the mall and bought lanyards for everybody so that they can carry their tickets, room keys and FOTL passes with them. My DH is still really struggling with the idea of not being able to take ANYTHING with him, even in closed pockets, on some of the rides. So for those with ride experience perhaps you can clarify this point for him. My understanding is there are a few rides with metal detectors where you can't take ANYTHING on a ride with you even if it is in a closed pocket. So I get that cell phones would be a no-no...but what about the lanyards because if we have FOTL passes won't we need those with us while in the lines? Yes this question was asked this weekend so I thought I'd clarify with any experts on this :-). Thanks!

Right, on Hulk, the Dragons, and Rip Red, nothing in pockets, even closed ones, regardless of how secure it seems. Yes you can wear your lanyard. Wise to tuck it inside your shirt so it doesn't flap around while riding. Quick to put phone and keys and whatever carrying in locker or give to a nonrider.

Wahoo! Getting closer and closer! Awesome time wished.

Oh, and Discovery Cove does allow you to change your day for free one time. So, if bad weather is your day, and you have another day you can go, just call and change it. What a fun surprise for the family.

Right, on Hulk, the Dragons, and Rip Red, nothing in pockets, even closed ones, regardless of how secure it seems. Yes you can wear your lanyard. Wise to tuck it inside your shirt so it doesn't flap around while riding. Quick to put phone and keys and whatever carrying in locker or give to a nonrider.

Wahoo! Getting closer and closer! Awesome time wished.

Oh, and Discovery Cove does allow you to change your day for free one time. So, if bad weather is your day, and you have another day you can go, just call and change it. What a fun surprise for the family.

Awesome...thanks for the info. I guess my DH is wondering if he can at least keep his WALLET with him on the ride, in a secure pocket, but it sounds like the answer to that is no? I guess since we know we will need the FOTL passes with us in line at the ride, we are wondering if the only option is to have ONLY those in our pockets or to use lanyards. Since Hulk won't be open, this will just be for Dragons and RRR, both of which we'll all ride together so no non-riders.

I was aware of the one-time change for Discovery Cove, so I guess if I book Monday and weather is iffy we could change to Tuesday, but really that's it as our plans have us not in Orlando any other time that week/month. We would have to make another trip just to do DC if we can't do it on our planned time this trip and not sure I want to worry about it.

Oh well, will make a decision soon enough and if it doesn't work out...we'll still have a great trip and the kids won't be the wiser since they don't even know about this option!

Your plans are shaping up nicely. We leave next week!! :banana:

I have to agree about that 6 flags in MD. We always just went south to Kings Dominion - always have found it cleaner. Granted, I haven't been to the MD 6 flags in years, but the NJ one is very good. Glad the kids liked Kingda Ka. I loved it and then was immediately bummed at how short it was. The NJ one also has butterfly fries which I'm obsessed with so its so worth it to drive up. We also like Hershey park (and you either love or hate the Hershey chocolate smell in the air).

Glad to report we also have a BGW trip planned for July. I won't be traveling with the same crew, but I'm excited nonetheless! :cheer2:

Your plans are shaping up nicely. We leave next week!! :banana:

I have to agree about that 6 flags in MD. We always just went south to Kings Dominion - always have found it cleaner. Granted, I haven't been to the MD 6 flags in years, but the NJ one is very good. Glad the kids liked Kingda Ka. I loved it and then was immediately bummed at how short it was. The NJ one also has butterfly fries which I'm obsessed with so its so worth it to drive up. We also like Hershey park (and you either love or hate the Hershey chocolate smell in the air).

Glad to report we also have a BGW trip planned for July. I won't be traveling with the same crew, but I'm excited nonetheless! :cheer2:

Yes we have probably done Hershey Park more often than King's Dominion because it's closer, but we love both. I did KD quite a few times as a kid (oh King Cobra how I miss you) and so it remains a special place for me. Actually while I do love 6FGA in NJ, I will say the 6 Flags America near us has made some BIG improvements over the last few years.

Agree that Kingda Ka is short...but still sweet. Kids (well almost all of them) were psyched to try it finally.

Have a great trip and here's hoping you get to be part of the Kong soft openings. That ride just looks so incredible...and I'm pretty sure my 11yo is going to hate it and I'm not even sure he will ride it due to the scare factor.

Also enjoy BGW as well...another favorite but we are such big amusement park fans!

Went to the ticket office here at work yesterday to pick up my Universal tickets and found out they had extended the military salute tickets for Universal, a GREAT deal as you pay for 1-day hoppers but get 3-day hoppers for that price! I was so excited since that's a nice savings for us! It's just a voucher that we exchange at Universal for the actual tickets. Now my only concern is will I be able to somehow convert at least one of those tickets to an annual pass (I'm sure somehow they can apply a value towards it) so that I can use it for my room discount. Depending on the cost, it means we may NOT end up converting everybody's tickets to passes this time, just one of them but that's okay. It just means we'll have to plan a future trip to Universal to ride Hulk!

I'm currently still hesitant to book Discovery Cove. As I have mentioned previously (I think) we have a very ill family member and her health goes up and down almost weekly. Right now she has been admitted to the hospital with pneumonia, and though her prognosis looks very good right now...her health is fragile enough that I hesitate to book anything that I can't easily cancel right now. While I know I can change the DC date at least once without penalty...I'm not even sure I could pick a new date if I had to do that. There is a small possibility that if things go south for this family member, we would end up cancelling the trip for now and maybe trying again in August...but we'll just have to wait and see. I haven't even mentioned this thought to the kids, but I know my husband is aware that it is an option. With just over a week left before we leave I'm just hoping she gets released from the hospital this week and makes good progress...or at least is stable for a while. :worried:

Speaking of departure dates, my kids informed me yesterday that it looks like one of them (the 6th grader) may end up having to take exams the last day of school...and in the later part of the day too! UGH! o_O While I had hoped to pick up the kids perhaps before noon, it sounds like his exam may not start until 11:30am but we'll see if that holds true. I think worst case I'll just arrive at the school at noon and wait for him to finish the exam if necessary. I guess we'll just wait and see. As it is, leaving our house around 1pm or so still puts us driving after midnight :car: in order to make it to Florida, but it can be done.

So the husband started his list of TO-DO items this morning, all of our vacation preparation in a list that can be checked off as we go. I still need to figure out who I'll get to come over and take care of feeding the kitties paw:paw:paw:paw: while we are gone and dog paw: will end up at my in-laws unless they aren't up for it and then we have a kennel reservation on standby for her.

Anyway I'll need to figure out the Discovery Cove thing by next week since if we decide NOT to go that route I'll need to pick up some BG/SeaWorld tickets at work before we leave. We are now in SINGLE digit countdown !!

So my procrastination has failed me and this morning I had to make more changes to our trip. I sent my husband an email with several options...and with his feedback we made a decision.

My MIL came home from a few days in the hospital last week, and while it's great that she's home, it's unfortunate that her health continues to decline. We are just hoping she stays out of the hospital for at least the next 10 days or so but I don't think we'll be surprised if she goes back. She is supposed to meet with her oncologist today and I'm afraid that news won't be good. :sad2:

So this morning I decided I should finally go ahead and book our Discovery Cove day, which was going to be the Monday after Father's Day but when I checked UCT...my date was not available. :( I also checked directly through the SW website...yep still not available. As a last resort I called my AAA office to see if I could book it through them...no such luck. :mad: This left me with a few options.

There were other dates available later in the week, but I couldn't see us going to Tampa and then coming back to Orlando just for a DC visit. Tuesday was an option if I wanted to book directly through SW website...and wanted to pay about $400 more. UCT did have another date that might work: Father's Day.

Obviously I needed to check with my DH so see if he was good spending his Father's Day there. After reviewing the options, and even considering some other changes, we decided that Sunday would actually work out just fine. It would mean after two days of touring the Universal parks, we'd get a break and then we would then spend one final day at the Universal Parks on Monday. We could stay as long as we wanted and then head over to our next hotel that evening. This hotel is a SW partner hotel so the access to their QuickQueue was really a bonus that we felt we couldn't give up (as I had discussed adding another night at Portofino Bay instead). And so, with that decided I finally booked Discovery Cove via UCT. FINALLY! :worship:

Of course this means a small change in our plans, and despite my best efforts it doesn't look like we'll be able to hit the road much before 1pm on Thursday also which ruins any hope of spending ALL day Friday at a Universal Park. No matter, with the FOTL access, we should be okay just spending the afternoon and evening there.

Anyway so now it looks like:

Thursday: Hit the road, overnight somewhere (hopefully at least in GA) :car:
Friday: :car: Remaining drive, check in at Portofino Bay, hit one of the Universal Parks afternoon/evening
Saturday: Another Universal day...rides and rides and stuff
Sunday: Discovery Cove
Monday: Universal Park again; that evening checkin at our SW partner hotel
Tuesday: Hopefully snag Quick Queue for SeaWorld and hit that park all day; once done, we will make the drive out to Tampa where we are staying with some friends
Wednesday: BG Tampa Day
Thursday: Back on the road, this time to NC :car:
Friday: Day in NC with Family
Saturday: Back on the road to MD :car:

I'm so sorry there's not better news about your MiL.......not easy to deal with.

Your trip is so close now, I hope it's everything you want it to be.......sounds like a lot of fun!

I'm so sorry there's not better news about your MiL.......not easy to deal with.

Your trip is so close now, I hope it's everything you want it to be.......sounds like a lot of fun!

Thank you. We have been fortunate that my MIL has actually managed to overcome a few scary incidents thus far and that she has been around for this long because the news last fall was much more dire. Obviously doctors can't predict how much time a person has left, but we are well aware that hers continues to be limited.

I think the vacation will be good. More added stress on me right now as one of my cats is sick again. He also had some issues a few weeks ago but he was bouncing back and making progress. He seems to be taking steps back now. I made a vet appointment today to discuss treatment options and I am also going to board him at the same vet/Boarding Resort while gone for my own peace of mind. I'm hoping that having somebody there keep a daily check on him can hopefully spot if he is having issues and can have him treated. I'm going to talk to the vet today about it. Yes pets are like family members and I hate to have to worry about him while I'm gone or worry that the person I have coming over to look out for our other 3 cats (and tanks of fish) would have to evaluate my cat and deal with any situations that might happen.

Needless to say, this has somewhat affected my vacation excitement. The good news is that I'm mostly packed, we did a bunch of housecleaning last night, and I have only today and tomorrow until about noon or so to work until we leave.

Just hugs. For some reason, sometimes stuff hits the fan when you are ready to leave for vacation.

I hope MIL and poor kitty are doing well enough, your worry is limited while on vacation.

That's awesome you booked DC. It will be a relaxing day, and the park is beautiful. And, there's alcoholic beverages and all the ice cream and snacks the kids can eat.

Have a great trip and safe driving.

Just hugs. For some reason, sometimes stuff hits the fan when you are ready to leave for vacation.

I hope MIL and poor kitty are doing well enough, your worry is limited while on vacation.

That's awesome you booked DC. It will be a relaxing day, and the park is beautiful. And, there's alcoholic beverages and all the ice cream and snacks the kids can eat.

Have a great trip and safe driving.

Thanks so much for your kind words.

Yes we are really looking forward to Discovery Cove and I just hope the kids like it as well as this is a total surprise for them. My daughter was asking last night about the details of the trip, where we will be each day, etc. and I had to make stuff up since they know nothing of DC or SeaWorld at this point. Of course, she is pretty smart and may have looking on our family calendar and seen that I have a reservation for Monday night in Orlando at a SeaWorld resort. That would not surprise me at all if she suspects something but the boys will remain clueless I'm sure.

Heck my 16yo (who also has access to this family online calendar) still has NO idea he has a doctor's appointment today. It is for a checkup and an immunization and he's known that one was coming up at some point...but I never told him when because he'd spend the entire day in a panic about it. My daughter knows about it though since it is on the calendar! Today I pick him (and everybody else) up from school at 1:15pm, head home to drop two kids off, and then from there to the doctor for a 1:50pm appointment. Just hoping my son doesn't decide to get out and run when he realizes where he's going! I wish I was kidding....but I am hoping he's mature enough to know he needs to have this done today.

I may try to post a bit when we arrive or something...we'll see as I already have to keep tabs on email to deal with some tennis-related stuff back home. I captain a few teams and I have lineups and matches this weekend that I won't be around to deal with and need to make sure it all gets handled by my very capable co-captain.

So yeah ice cream and alcoholic beverages on Sunday should be good!

Yay! A fellow tennis captain! :) What level do you play? And, also, I work for DOD so I get some discounted tickets through the Army. I hope everything works out for your trip!!!

Yay! A fellow tennis captain! :) What level do you play? And, also, I work for DOD so I get some discounted tickets through the Army. I hope everything works out for your trip!!!

How cool! I am 3.5 now and captain a 3.5 team of ladies for both the 18+ league and the 40+ leagues. I also play on some 4.0 teams and I play 7.0 and 8.0 Mixed (don't captain those) as well as Combo (I've done 6.5 and 7.5 Combo). I play singles at both the 3.5 and 4.0 levels, though usually get my butt handed to me at 4.0 levels but can hold my own and often win at 3.5 levels.

Yes the discounted tickets through DOD are just a great deal. I'm especially excited about our Universal tickets prices. Good thing I saved some money there...and I'm about to explain why. :(

I wish I could say I'm so excited that our trip day is finally HERE...but sadly there is SO much going on in my life right now as of yesterday that it's very, very difficult.

I mentioned my son's appointment yesterday. There are no words to describe how angry/upset/agitated he was when he found out he had to go to the doctor...for a CHECKUP. I recorded him secretly in the car during the 15 minute drive there. I was called many things, such as a SADIST, and he threatened to jump out of the car a few times. I'm sorry...I must admit I laughed at how ridiculous he was being about the whole thing, and it was just not a fun experience. Then when he had to get a shot PLUS she added bloodwork...you can't imagine. Thankfully for the most part he cooperated (yes I had to hold his hands for the shot part) and the people in the pediatric office are well experienced (the blood draw lady was the QUEEN of trickery...kudos to her) but while there I realized I was now NOT going to make it to the vet appointment I'd made for my cat. I managed to change it to 30 minutes later.

So I rushed home, dropped off kid (who wasn't happy of course) and grabbed the cat and made it to the vet just a few minutes from my house. I wish I could say I got good news there and my plan worked out well. It didn't. :( :(

Turns out my cat had a blocked urinary tract, a common thing in male cats but the first I've ever experienced it...and this was his second issue in a month. He had the same issue right before Memorial Day weekend and at that time my regular vet kept him for 4 nights to get him "unblocked". We brought him home then and he slowly recovered, but never really got back to his full "output" strength, but he wasn't eating much (he was on a diet food now...for life) or drinking much but he was making small improvements. So I let him back into the general cat population at home (he is one of 4 cats plus a dog) and he seemed fine at the time.

Anyway, this vet (who I've also used before during a prior strange health scare with this same cat...did I mention he's only 6 years old?) highly suggested he be seen by the emergency vet. Again, this cat is no stranger to the emergency vet...this would be his 3rd visit. Anybody who knows these kinds of emergency pet situations knows they are not cheap. :sad2: :sad1:

So off from the vet, directly to the emergency vet and of course they were awesome with him. In the meantime, in my head I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to be able to deal with all this stuff...when I'm about to go on vacation! My mind has been spinning and still is quite frankly. I went home to await news on my cat.

The hope was he would stay a night or two at emergency vet, they would catheterize him and get him unblocked and send him home. This works for most cases...but of course I don't have a "most cases" cat. The emergency doc called me later that night...they had no luck with the catheter...he needed surgery.

I wish I could say my cats have a price...and beyond that price I should just get another cat. I wish I could say I have an unlimited budget for cat emergencies also. I can't say any of those things. He is a young cat, he is a very special cat (yes I have 3 others at home) and I just could no in good conscience say enough is enough and give up on him. I made a commitment to him, and I know I sound like a crazy cat lady...but I just decided I had to give him a chance and this surgery would hopefully prevent these issues in the future, because it has not been cheap thus far. So a surgical team had to be assigned to my cat last night...and I returned back to the emergency room to sign more pre-authorization paperwork and visit with my very drugged-up cat who is being kept comfortable for now while he awaits surgery.

Our vacation plans...were put on hold yesterday as we awaited news of the cat's situation. We discussed leaving as late as early early Friday morning in case I had a chance to pick up the cat today but that was in the case that the unblock worked initially. It didn't and so at this point cat is awaiting surgery today...and we still plan to leave town today.

There's nothing I can do for my cat right now. He will most likely be at the emergency vet until Saturday or Sunday. My husband has arranged for his sister to do cat transport, which is from the emergency vet and I think back to our house. And that's where I am still unsure what will happen.

I have a neighbor who watches my cats and who has a cat and loves animals. However I'm concerned that this cat will require medication. I'm not sure my neighbor is up for that challenge. The vet at the boarding resort, when I also mentioned my whole going on vacation situation, was very sympathetic and was really working hard to try to help me. She even said she'd help my herself...but she is also going on vacation. She spoke to a vet tech there who came in and talked to me and gave me her name and number. She is good with cats and if a situation comes up she can transport my cat BACK to the vet if necessary. At this point, I think I will call her later this morning and talk to her about that, and see if she is still willing to help.

And so we are at the point where I got nothing done at all at home last night, other than shuffling back and forth from doctors to vets as of 1pm yesterday until almost 10pm last night. I'm an emotional wreck about this whole thing. I'm not sure what I'll do but at this point it seems like bringing in a stranger to take care of my cat is going to be my plan, but of course the cat isn't even at home yet. I'm hoping I can get in touch with this girl, she can come over today, I can give her the scenario and explain where the cat will be and then while I'm on vacation I will be keeping in constant touch with all of these people back home to make these arrangements.

So enjoying my vacation is going to be tough. Obviously my mind will be elsewhere as I worry about what's happening at home. The crazy things we do for our pets...or maybe that's just me. o_O

Anyway...thanks for letting me vent here. Not sure there are too many people who will completely understand my situation but I'm sure there are a few animal lovers who know what I'm going through right now. I am hoping my next report here will be all good.

All I can say is hugs to you again. :hug: Yep, I am an animal lover, and had to have surgery on my dog many years ago. She also was about 6. I don't think you are crazy, and I hope the cat does well, and the surgery is successful. I am sure, once he is released, he'll probably sleep a lot. Here's to having a good laugh. Safe travels. :dancer:

We are tennis twins. I too captain 3.5 18+ and 40+. Play 7.0 combo mixed. Most people think of me of a singles player -- finally figuring out I can play doubles too. LOL. Our mixed is going to sectionals again this year. Maybe one day we'll meet at Nationals! :) (Also, have played some 4.0 when got bumped up -- and, obviously got bumped back down. LOL)

I hope you get to relax at some point and enjoy your vacation. Seems like everything is going crazy. :(

Oh my goodness you are going through a lot right now!!

Hugs that everything works out.........a few days and you'll be there.........

I did smile at you recording your son........that is priceless!!

All I can say is hugs to you again. :hug: Yep, I am an animal lover, and had to have surgery on my dog many years ago. She also was about 6. I don't think you are crazy, and I hope the cat does well, and the surgery is successful. I am sure, once he is released, he'll probably sleep a lot. Here's to having a good laugh. Safe travels. :dancer:
Thanks so much. The more expensive this has gotten the more I'm just crying about the whole thing. Turns out cat will require extended emergency vet stay due to scar tissue and need to keep an eye on him longer and the high estimate I got last night...increased again. :( He will come home on Tuesday now and my neighbor will feed him and check on I'm until Saturday.

We are tennis twins. I too captain 3.5 18+ and 40+. Play 7.0 combo mixed. Most people think of me of a singles player -- finally figuring out I can play doubles too. LOL. Our mixed is going to sectionals again this year. Maybe one day we'll meet at Nationals! :) (Also, have played some 4.0 when got bumped up -- and, obviously got bumped back down. LOL)

I hope you get to relax at some point and enjoy your vacation. Seems like everything is going crazy. :(

Oh wow...so crazy. My 7.0 mixed has gone to districts/regionals the last 3 seasons. We have yet to advance to sectionals. The Tri-Level team I played on for the first time last fall went to sectionals in January. My first time there and we didn't win but it was cool.

Thanks for the support. :-)

Oh my goodness you are going through a lot right now!!

Hugs that everything works out.........a few days and you'll be there.........

I did smile at you recording your son........that is priceless!!

Thanks. Yes he knows nothing about those recordings so maybe I'll save them for his wedding day. They are truly crazy. My coworkers listened to them yesterday and couldn't believe it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OK so live trip report for you. We arrived in Jacksonville last night around 11:15pm. Same hotel we stayed in during our Disney trip in July last year. Got a good night's sleep after about 11 hours on the road. Travel with older kids is so nice as they self entertain and we made only 2 stops and ate packed sandwiches for lunch and dinner.

We told kids to just sleep in but husband woke theme up about 7:30am so we could get breakfast and hit the road. They can sleep in tomorow! Maybe. :P

Good free breakfast at the Comfort Suites. They had chicken nuggets for breakfast...nice protein boost and they were actually pretty good. Eggs were ok, tater tots were good. I have been doing a fasting eating plan for several weeks so normally don't do breakfast but I did today.

We are now back on the road with an ETA of about 11 am at Portofino Bay. Hoping to be in the parks no later than 1pm. Still have to get our passes. Wish I had had time to put in a room request but life has been crazy as it mentioned. I may request west wing at checkin if we don't get it even if it means room isn't ready.

My cat is recovering in the emergency vet and as of yesterday was doing well. My bank account will take a long time to recover. I had a nice chunk of money saved just for this vacation that would cover a nice portion of the vet bills so if this had happened earlier I am not sure we would be here now. I've said we just need to enjoy this vacation as most of it couldn't be canceled anyway and it may be our last one for a while. This summer will be time to save and work on paying stuff down but for now..let the fun begin.:-)

(And on a side note these crazy drivers :drive: in FL are making me not want to watch anymore of this drive)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter