The Drive From TX to FL - Help!

Hi Imelda, We are from Harlingen too! The park sounds nice. Where are you staying at in Fl.? How old are your girls? This will be our first time to DW. My girls are 7 and 3.

MY girls are also 7 and 3. The park in Tallahassee is one of the highlights of our trip. Ofcourse, we're easily impressed.

We are arriving on June 1 and staying at the Beach Club Villas. After 5 nights, we'll move to CBR. Then, after that, we'll be at the Boardwalk Villas. Then, we'll head over to PBH in Universal.

We're addicted to WDW now, so just beware, once you go, you get hooked.

When are you leaving from Harlingen? Sounds like we'll be there at about the same time. "It's a small world after all..." huh?

Where are you staying?

You can also email me at tmt6101@aol.com

Imelda

We've driven there from Conroe (40 miles north of Houston) around 5 times. 3 times with our DS (now 4 years old).
We try to make it to Tallahasee the first day and stop overnight there. It makes it much easier to get in the car knowing you only have 3 1/2 more hours to go :) For us Pensacola is about half way.

Hi Imelda we are leaving this Friday night! hope all goes well. Guess we will pass each other on the road lol.
What grade is you 7yr old in? Mine is in first at Austin. Now we can have r own dis meet and greet. Talk to you soon my email is Scazares@swbell.net :wave:

Shane V~ Hi! We live in Clear Lake but were just North of Conroe at Girl Scout camp (Camp Agnes Arnold) all weekend! How long does it take for you to drive to Disney? We are guessing 14-15 hours but not sure. We are leaving May 31 around 3 PM after a swim meet and would like to arrive around 3PM the next day. We're trying to decide on a good place to stop. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Hey everyone!! Here's my .02. :) We drove it from Houston 3 years ago -- headed out by 4:00 a.m. and made it to Pensacola by 5:00 p.m., that's where we crashed for the night. However, after eating dinner we thought we could've gone on and finished off the trip. Next time, which is not until next summer, we'll go all the way in one shot. The total drive time from Houston to Disney for us was 17 hours, of course DH has a lead foot. :) I have no idea what the traffic, road construction or any other troubles may be currently. Our last trip our kids were 18 mos, 13 and 10 -- everyone was fine, lots of video watching -- the baby did a lot of sleeping and it just so happened that everytime she woke up it was time for either gas, potty or food - and then she wanted her Bear in the Big Blue House. :) BTW, we did stop prior to Pensacola so that my dad and DH could do some gambling in MS - I think we stopped in Biloxi but I don't remember -- mom and I took the kids to a park and did a little souvenier shopping on the beach while the guys gambled. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it'll be perfect for your family. Also, we started our trip from Jersey Village - just outside of Houston.

We have driven from Cypress (West of Houston) twice. Has taken us about 14 hours. When we left about 8:30 (taking the tollway around the city to miss the traffic), we got to Tallahassee about 7PM. When we left about 12 noon, we got to Marianna about 8 (some of the trip was in the rain - use Rain-X on your windshield and mirrors before you go). Houston to Baton Rouge is about 4 hours. Another hour to Biloxi. About 6 hours to just east of Mobile.

onceuponadream - What a smal world I live about 5 miles from Camp Agnes Arnold.

It took us about 16-17 hours to get to drive from Conroe. We have made it all the way their without stopping overnight and we have stopped. I think it all depends on the people doing it. I like to stop around Tallahasse, so there isnt much of a trip the second day. The 16-17 hours includes stopping and eating a sandwhich and visiting a few road side parks to stretch and let our 4 year old get out of the car for a little while.

Hi All
I've posted before and we are driving out of DFW.

My best friend is leaving out of Houston the same day.

Is there a good way for us to hook up on the road?

I was thinking we could meet in Biloxi, which is 5 hours from Houston and 8 hours from Dallas rest up have dinner and move on. We'll be taking 49S and I think Biloxi is where 49S meets 10E.

Or would it be better for us to drive to Houston. We would like to caravan so we can keep watch over each other and last year we did this with family (kept in touch using 2 ways) and it worked fine.

I've mapped it and Houston would add about an hour to our drive.

You will backtrack if you head to Biloxi. Take 98 off of 49S at Hattiesburg. Go on to just east of Mobile - right across the bay. Daphne, AL. Nice Comfort Suites and Hampton Inn right there. And you are about 7 hours from WDW.

Or you could take I-49 out of Shreveport and meet up in Lafayette on I-10. That would give you more time together, but still keep you moving forward.

We have gone both ways and it's a wash.

Travelitis:

That sounds pretty much what we plan on doing. We are going to try to leave as soon as my DH gets home from work. We are going to try to miss the 5:00 traffic in Baton Rouge. I will be sure the van is packed and ready to roll. :p We were thinking that we would drive until we get tired, maybe somewhere in Fl.
and if we don't get tired we'll just continue on. I'm like you, I plan on staying up late the night before and sleeping late that morning if I can stand the excitement
:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter