The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Hmmm, Ted Baker Maddie Stitch Leather Circle Crossbody vs Mickey Mouse Leather Crossbody Bag

Ted Baker $219 on sale $131.40 / MM $165 at 25% off when avail. = $123.75

I went with Ted Baker I think it offers more versatility. Great price at Nordstroms, now sold out, only brown and light pink are available!
Link: https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ted-ba...MI3PDB9cvO4gIVCpSzCh37swnOEAQYASABEgI1EvD_BwE

or at Bloomingdales $153.30
Link: https://www.bloomingdales.com/shop/...MIgauPpMzO4gIVRL7ACh17Fws3EAQYASABEgJcyfD_BwE

MICHAEL MICHAEL KORS Pebbled Leather Canteen Crossbody $158 on sale $82.95
Colors: Optic White, Acorn, Light Pink and Black
Link: https://www.michaelkors.com/product...VRL7ACh17Fws3EAQYAiABEgIkHPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Why all the talk about round handbags? I wanted a unique purse to go with my new Mickey Mouse Dress and Cardigan set!
Black belt = black purse ::yes::

Last edited:
Awesome! Please post photos of you in the dress when you get it! I haven't seen this one on a real person yet and I'm sure you'll look fabulous!

I asked for reviews but no one replied which I thought was odd seeing how it's sold out.

Ok ladies. I need some self control. I have wanted this dress since it came out but flat out refused to pay $200 for it. It is down to $148.50 I am praying for a coupon before it sells out View attachment 404744
So, I got an email this morning that there was an extra 20% off the dress and I caved and bought it. After all is said and done it is still expensive but manageable at $126. I hope I love it.

What are some other stores to find Disney dresses? I've seen some online at Hot Topic. Any other suggestions?

What are some other stores to find Disney dresses? I've seen some online at Hot Topic. Any other suggestions?

If you google "Disney dresses" then click on images, you'll see many that carry them. Torrid, Etsy, Kohl's, JCPenney, etc

Are these dresses true to size? I usually wear a m in things. Five ft ten, 150 lb, 34 DD. I’m right between a m and a lg for the Up dress. Doing mail order to Canada so I have to get it right. I’m thinking LG and tailor if needed.

Got my snacks dress! I love it!!! Makes me even happier that I got 30% off, not sure I would have bought it otherwise.

I think any people who have issues with fit may be buying a size too big, I feel like these dresses run large. I'm a 14-16 and have been wearing XL in all my clothes since I've put on a little weight. I ordered a large because I saw others saying it ran a little big and feel like it fits perfectly. This dress has the stretchy at the back of the dress (forgive me, not sure what they call it) but it helps make it fit to the body well.

Only issue I have is my bra straps showing a bit. I tried it on without one and it didnt look too bad but decided to wear one today so I will just have to deal with showing straps occasionally.

SmartSelect_20190504-091423_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20190504-091518_Instagram.jpg
Thanks for this. Now I’m thinking a m will be better.

Are these dresses true to size? I usually wear a m in things. Five ft ten, 150 lb, 34 DD. I’m right between a m and a lg for the Up dress. Doing mail order to Canada so I have to get it right. I’m thinking LG and tailor if needed.
I have always thought that they run big vs small. My weight fluctuates between 126 pounds and 130 pounds 5”5 and usually order medium's as a general rule for online ordering. I had to exchange my 1st disney dress to a smallI because the medium was way too big. The problem I have found in the size small’s chest are is pretty tight. (34 D)
I am in no means an expert on this kind of stuff but you roughly weigh 20 pound more than me and are 5 inches taller so our weight disruption is probably similar. I would go with the medium instead if the large.

It's here! My Mickey dress... and it's huge! :(

I own eight Disney dresses now, four are size Small, two Mediums and 2 PLUS3X (I bought them on sale plus used discount and will take them in when I have time).

The Mickey is #8, size Medium but it does not fit like a medium at all. It's bigger, waay bigger like a large.

Since we don't judge here.. :rolleyes:

Everything about this dress is big and the belt is not the answer because it bunches up the fabric which can be seen here in the front.
In the back, the dress literally folded over from the belt causing a bustle effect. Like this image.

Obviously the sides need to be taken in a few hefty inches. The underarm gaping is, WOW! I've never seen anything like this on a medium dress.

When comparing it to the original Haunted Mansion dress I'm looking at taking in several inches on the Mickey dress.

The Red sweater is perfect. The sleeves are not tight at all and I really dislike when they are. I have more experience taking in fabric and not knit. The knit sweater is light weight but still not light enough for Florida heat!

I'll post more photos as soon as I can with pins showing how much I'll need to take in. :dance3:

Sorry the fit is so off - good thing you are a skilled seamstress! Are you wearing a crinoline in these photos? I’m impressed with the amount of pouff in the skirt! Thanks for sharing your photos - this will look amazing once it’s altered to fit!

I own eight Disney dresses now, four are size Small, two Mediums and 2 PLUS3X (I bought them on sale plus used discount and will take them in when I have time).

The Mickey is #8, size Medium but it does not fit like a medium at all. It's bigger, waay bigger like a large.

View attachment 408135

Everything about this dress is big and the belt is not the answer because it bunches up the fabric which can be seen here in the front.
In the back, the dress literally folded over from the belt causing a bustle effect. Like this image.
View attachment 408140

View attachment 408136

Obviously the sides need to be taken in a few hefty inches. The underarm gaping is, WOW! I've never seen anything like this on a medium dress.
View attachment 408137

When comparing it to the original Haunted Mansion dress I'm looking at taking in several inches on the Mickey dress.

The Red sweater is perfect. The sleeves are not tight at all and I really dislike when they are. I have more experience taking in fabric and not knit. The knit sweater is light weight but still not light enough for Florida heat!

I'll post more photos as soon as I can with pins showing how much I'll need to take in. :dance3:
Ugh. That is so disappointing. You are very fortunate that you have the skills to fix it. I can barely sew on a button that falls off.
I have no doubt it will be gorgeous when you are done.

Have you been able to make anything cool with the extra fabric from the 3x size dresses? I would love to see what you have made if you have.

View attachment 408135

View attachment 408140

View attachment 408136

View attachment 408137

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter