The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

What are they made of?

I'll admit I can't remember. I think it was a cotton blend but not 100% sure now. Wasn't buying it so didn't commit it to memory. The one I looked at also had some hem issues. I do think some of the dresses they had that aren't from this line are a little more my speed.

Last edited:
I'll admit I can't remember. I think it was a cotton blend but not 100% sure now. Wasn't buying it so didn't commit it to memory. The one I looked at also had some hem issues. I do think some of them dresses they had that aren't from this line are a little more my speed.

Thank you for the info. I wish those that have purchased would comment back as to Size & Fit, Fabric Content and Cleaning Method and photos of them wearing their dresses.

I sew costumes and am very versed in fabrics and pattern making. Again thank you.:flower3:

Thank you for the info. I wish those that have purchased would comment back as to Size & Fit, Fabric Content and Cleaning Method and photos of them wearing their dresses.

I sew costumes and am very versed in fabrics and pattern making. Again thank you.:flower3:

The tricky thing is that I've found on cosplay stuff it's usually one size fits almost no one, and it's usually the details that get me. Like the seam finishings, or some detail like lace or netting. Something that looks cute in theory but is either over the top or just put there for...no good reason. Or there is a good reason, and it's to cut corners- fabric quality for example.

...yes... I'm bitter, I don't end up buying a lot of cosplay stuff for this reason. Tried a dress on at Torrid last week that looked cute online but they cut so many corners, it probably isn't comfortable or flattering on anyone.

Hoping desperately that something in this line will work for me. I'd love a Disney-Esque dress but I'm way too lazy to make one and too cheap to buy something that isn't comfortable.

The tricky thing is that I've found on cosplay stuff it's usually one size fits almost no one, and it's usually the details that get me. Like the seam finishings, or some detail like lace or netting. Something that looks cute in theory but is either over the top or just put there for...no good reason. Or there is a good reason, and it's to cut corners- fabric quality for example.

...yes... I'm bitter, I don't end up buying a lot of cosplay stuff for this reason. Tried a dress on at Torrid last week that looked cute online but they cut so many corners, it probably isn't comfortable or flattering on anyone.

Hoping desperately that something in this line will work for me. I'd love a Disney-Esque dress but I'm way too lazy to make one and too cheap to buy something that isn't comfortable.

I'm not experienced with pre-made costumes as I make mine per client based on their measurements. My fabric choices are based on quality and durability instead of quantity like manufacturers. I have seen some rather cheap prices for cosplay as well as some in the hundreds whether either of these are made of quality fabric I have no idea. If you want quality it's going to cost you. Seamstresses are not cheap nor should they be as it's very time consuming and due to this most people purchase the cheap stuff.

Should you choose to use a seamstress be sure to feel the fabric, understand the care for it and have a written agreement dates and signed by the both of you. And tipping is always nice too!

I'm not experienced with pre-made costumes as I make mine per client based on their measurements. My fabric choices are based on quality and durability instead of quantity like manufacturers. I have seen some rather cheap prices for cosplay as well as some in the hundreds whether either of these are made of quality fabric I have no idea. If you want quality it's going to cost you. Seamstresses are not cheap nor should they be as it's very time consuming and due to this most people purchase the cheap stuff.

Should you choose to use a seamstress be sure to feel the fabric, understand the care for it and have a written agreement dates and signed by the both of you. And tipping is always nice too!

Oh, no, I absolutely agree, I meant here that retro style dresses- sort of what is between custom made stuff and cheap costumes- are way, way over priced for what the materials and the finished product is.

Have no problem paying high prices for seamstress custom made cosplay stuff. I just meant that until I see the cherry tree dresses in person, I would be unwilling to purchase it because it may not be worth the price. Because that's mass produced, which is fine, but usually if it's novelty and mass produced, it also has serious flaws.

Oh, no, I absolutely agree, I meant here that retro style dresses- sort of what is between custom made stuff and cheap costumes- are way, way over priced for what the materials and the finished product is.

Have no problem paying high prices for seamstress custom made cosplay stuff. I just meant that until I see the cherry tree dresses in person, I would be unwilling to purchase it because it may not be worth the price. Because that's mass produced, which is fine, but usually if it's novelty and mass produced, it also has serious flaws.

I am also wondering if they will feel a rush to restock all of the sold out items and compromise on the quality from the original release in order to put out more products faster. I used to work for a purse company and we could tell when an item was produced in a rush to restock. The quality usually suffered. I hope that is not the case for Disney. I guess we will see in time.

I am also wondering if they will feel a rush to restock all of the sold out items and compromise on the quality from the original release in order to put out more products faster. I used to work for a purse company and we could tell when an item was produced in a rush to restock. The quality usually suffered. I hope that is not the case for Disney. I guess we will see in time.
Yep. Very true. And the thing is that I feel like they can do it because most people don't care. I don't buy single use items and I know roughly what cost and labor go into garments so I do care.

Totally agree! I want to see and try on prior to purchase. There is a rumor that these will be available at MK Emporium but it did not say when. I believe Disney will get you to DS but getting back to your resort is a whole different matter. Do you know if this is true? Last time I was at DS 2014 and Disney provided RT.

Yep. Very true. And the thing is that I feel like they can do it because most people don't care. I don't buy single use items and I know roughly what cost and labor go into garments so I do care.

If I could get my hands on these fabrics by the yard I would love the opportunity to make my own dress and have it fitted to my petite frame. Doubt they'll release it though.

Totally agree! I want to see and try on prior to purchase. There is a rumor that these will be available at MK Emporium but it did not say when. I believe Disney will get you to DS but getting back to your resort is a whole different matter. Do you know if this is true? Last time I was at DS 2014 and Disney provided RT.

Getting back to your resort is easy. Most of the transportation, if not all, only goes to the resorts. They don't want people parking for free at DS and then going to the parks. I think after 4pm there are buses at the parks that will take you DS. All of the resorts have buses and/or boats to DS too.

Buses still run from Disney springs to resorts if that's what you're asking. I know because I got on the wrong bus once, and ended up at DS before anything was open.

Fairly sure I had to ride the bus BACK to a resort to get to the parks.

So I've been randomly checking this thread...not sure if already mentioned, but they did get some new shipment last week (WDW). There seemed to be a variety in sizes on most dresses (at least a few days ago). Tiki room and orange bird dresses are still completely out. I don't recall seeing the Alice dress, but I wasn't looking for it. There is an AP discount too.

I was just at Disney Springs tonight. They had several dresses in stock. The only sizes I saw were Large and up. No Small or XS in anything. They had the Minnie dress, Haunted Mansion, Small World, and a few others in various of those sizes. No Orange Bird or Tiki. I thought I was going to be in love with the Small World dress but I don't think the quality of fabric is very high. Some of the other styles looked much better. I also didn't think the colors of the Small World were as saturated or vibrant as images online. Decided not to purchase.

I saw online that they are going to offer a "limited selection" this weekend at the Emporium for Dapper Days. I asked a CM today and she said she didn't know about it but that they don't usually find out until a day or 2 before.

I was just at Disney Springs tonight. They had several dresses in stock. The only sizes I saw were Large and up. No Small or XS in anything. They had the Minnie dress, Haunted Mansion, Small World, and a few others in various of those sizes. No Orange Bird or Tiki. I thought I was going to be in love with the Small World dress but I don't think the quality of fabric is very high. Some of the other styles looked much better. I also didn't think the colors of the Small World were as saturated or vibrant as images online. Decided not to purchase.

I saw online that they are going to offer a "limited selection" this weekend at the Emporium for Dapper Days. I asked a CM today and she said she didn't know about it but that they don't usually find out until a day or 2 before.

That's too bad about the fabric. I was so excited. Bummer that they only be avail. for a limited time, certainly won't be when we arrive and another disappointment. UGH!

Thanks for the feed back. Greatly appreciated!

That's too bad about the fabric. I was so excited. Bummer that they only be avail. for a limited time, certainly won't be when we arrive and another disappointment. UGH!

Thanks for the feed back. Greatly appreciated!

You might be happy with the fabric and may want to check for yourself. I just wasn't wowed in person. The other styles were not the same fabric as the Small World one also. I did not touch them and feel the fabric though.

They had a pop up shop at the Magic Kingdom today with the dresses ...
They even had the tiki dress in all sizes. I called at 11 am and they had the med. I needed but could not hold it and by the time my friend could get there a little after 1 they where all sold out !!!!! He was able to get me an ex lg so maybe I can have it altred

Are XS & S the popular sizes? I'm trying to adjust my expectations by deciding whether this means they have a higher chance of selling out :( or a higher chance of getting larger numbers of those sizes in future shipments :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter