The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

I am going to be there a week from tomorrow. Does anyone know if the Small World dress is sold out in XS? I love it!

Did they mention plans for restocking when any of you visited?

I saw an article that said some would be available in MK in limited stock at some point in April. Anyone seen or heard anything about this?

I was there yesterday and every single dress, except 2 that looked like stretch knit nightgowns were sold out. I was there earlier on Tuesday, and they only had 2 styles left at that point- a Minnie and a spaghetti strap small world. The shop is rather small inside the back of the market place. They still had plenty of accessories and purses. We go back in December and I hope they have more in stock.

I was there yesterday and every single dress, except 2 that looked like stretch knit nightgowns were sold out. I was there earlier on Tuesday, and they only had 2 styles left at that point- a Minnie and a spaghetti strap small world. The shop is rather small inside the back of the market place. They still had plenty of accessories and purses. We go back in December and I hope they have more in stock.
That's good to know, I'll prepare myself for disappointment when I visit. I e-mailed Disney to ask when/if they'd be sold on-line and they told me to call a 1-800 number in 30 days and they'd advise at that time if the dresses would be available on-line.

Wow!!! Any similar store at DLR, do you know?

I have been slowly converting my entire wardrobe to this style dress + cardigans, with Keds in various colors. I don't expect to be in Florida any time soon, alas. These are amazing.

I have been slowly converting my entire wardrobe to this style dress + cardigans, with Keds in various colors. I don't expect to be in Florida any time soon, alas. These are amazing.

Me, too! I've been converting my wardrobe to a pinup one since the summer of 2012.

Has anyone been in the store recently? I'm going in 2 weeks and can't stop thinking about that tiki room dress. I'm just wondering if stock is being replenished regularly or if everything is sold out and it would be a wasted trip (I don't plan on going to Disney Springs for any other reason).

I was there on the 8th and asked the same question - got a generic answer, they have no idea when they will get more in stock. My daughter wants the orange bird dress. We'll be back in June so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. They will not be avail online or thru the app until they get a handle on the in store stock per the person I spoke with. They told me I could call the number as well. I'm sure they will restock, it's just a matter of timing.

I was just telling my sister this yesterday. This is how I'd love to dress everyday. But alas! My body shape doesn't quite work with these dresses. I'm working on making it work for me :):)

Same here. All they needed to do was look at all the people Disneybounding to know there would be a demand for the dresses. I honestly think they do it on purpose to increase the hype.
They must. Disney is smarter than severely under-ordering their supply by mistake.

Same here. All they needed to do was look at all the people Disneybounding to know there would be a demand for the dresses. I honestly think they do it on purpose to increase the hype.
I want to say it's smart marketing but when I remember the EXTENDED Elsa costume shortage, I have to think it really is just poor planning. You have a narrow window of time with some kids' interests & that was really pushing it.

It baffles me every time they run out of new merchandise like this. There's no way they didn't know it was going to be a huge hit.

I have heard that people are going in and buying multiples in various sizes to resell on secondary markets like eBay. I have seen a bunch on there with drop down menus for different sizes in a single listing proving this to be true to some degree. I am sure this is affecting the volume they are selling but I am sure Disney should know to be prepared for this type of thing since they chose not to offer the dresses online just yet.

I have heard that people are going in and buying multiples in various sizes to resell on secondary markets like eBay. I have seen a bunch on there with drop down menus for different sizes in a single listing proving this to be true to some degree. I am sure this is affecting the volume they are selling but I am sure Disney should know to be prepared for this type of thing since they chose not to offer the dresses online just yet.
I have seen them on eBay also. It's a shame people buy them then sell them at a mark up. We will be there in a month so I'm hoping Disney has managed to restock because I refuse to buy one off eBay at those prices

I want to say it's smart marketing but when I remember the EXTENDED Elsa costume shortage, I have to think it really is just poor planning. You have a narrow window of time with some kids' interests & that was really pushing it.

Elsa was due to ebayers. I worked at the Disney Store during that time and we would get a shipment every Tuesday and they would be gone faster then we could refill them. Usually a group of 5 would come in and buy 2 of every size since the limit was 2 per a SKU and there would go the entire stock.

I saw the dresses this past week on Friday night and they only had the Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion dress left. I looked at them and thought they looked itchy so passed. They also had two more flowy dresses but wasn't sure the style. I think one was Alice in wonderland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter