The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Fairly sure they will put these items online at some point. Waiting... :)

Elsa was due to ebayers. I worked at the Disney Store during that time and we would get a shipment every Tuesday and they would be gone faster then we could refill them. Usually a group of 5 would come in and buy 2 of every size since the limit was 2 per a SKU and there would go the entire stock.

I saw the dresses this past week on Friday night and they only had the Tower of Terror and Haunted Mansion dress left. I looked at them and thought they looked itchy so passed. They also had two more flowy dresses but wasn't sure the style. I think one was Alice in wonderland.
:(

I don't mind so much with things like these dresses or D&B bags, but to play the eBay game with children's princess costumes strikes me as excessive greed.

Fairly sure they will put these items online at some point. Waiting... :)

:(

I don't mind so much with things like these dresses or D&B bags, but to play the eBay game with children's princess costumes strikes me as excessive greed.
I mind. There's no reason on earth people should be acting like war profiteers over Disney merchandise. It's selfish greed on a product they did not contribute to in any way.

I have seen them on eBay also. It's a shame people buy them then sell them at a mark up. We will be there in a month so I'm hoping Disney has managed to restock because I refuse to buy one off eBay at those prices

It's really too bad that there isn't some sort of "scalping" legislation that prevents people from trying to profit this way. It's different if it's a vintage collectible, but if people were prevented from trying to make a quick buck this way, everyone would have a more equal chance to buy one. I won't buy anything off EBay these days, because I don't want to support this kind of activity. I guess voting with my wallet is the only recourse there is.

They don't carry my size anyway, but a friend of mine really wanted the ToT dress, and even being local couldn't get one before they sold out.

It's really too bad that there isn't some sort of "scalping" legislation that prevents people from trying to profit this way. It's different if it's a vintage collectible, but if people were prevented from trying to make a quick buck this way, everyone would have a more equal chance to buy one. I won't buy anything off EBay these days, because I don't want to support this kind of activity. I guess voting with my wallet is the only recourse there is.

They don't carry my size anyway, but a friend of mine really wanted the ToT dress, and even being local couldn't get one before they sold out.

The ToT dress was back in stock last Friday. I didn't check sizes though so maybe they just didn't have her size. Like I said the dress looked like it was going to be incredibly itchy.

It is definitely annoying! Disney did not choose a strict cap on the number that can be purchased so that is contributing to the issue. I know a several people who buy and sell various items at a mark-up on eBay and Amazon and there are buyers out there who are willing to pay the higher prices on the listings. They would consider these kinds of scenarios as a sort of "finder's fee" mark-up since they did the leg work of retrieving the product for someone who otherwise can't get it. Like I said, it is irritating but they are just trying to find ways to make some money for their families. And I can understand that since that is what pretty much everyone is trying to do for their families. Maybe I am going too easy on them, but I can understand wanting to take care of your family and finding various ways to do it that are within the law. But yeah, SO annoying for those of us who just want the 1 dress in our size!

It is definitely annoying! Disney did not choose a strict cap on the number that can be purchased so that is contributing to the issue. I know a several people who buy and sell various items at a mark-up on eBay and Amazon and there are buyers out there who are willing to pay the higher prices on the listings. They would consider these kinds of scenarios as a sort of "finder's fee" mark-up since they did the leg work of retrieving the product for someone who otherwise can't get it. Like I said, it is irritating but they are just trying to find ways to make some money for their families. And I can understand that since that is what pretty much everyone is trying to do for their families. Maybe I am going too easy on them, but I can understand wanting to take care of your family and finding various ways to do it that are within the law. But yeah, SO annoying for those of us who just want the 1 dress in our size!

Most of them aren't working with in the rules though (not sure if it breaks any law really). Many of the resellers are AP holders and they are violating the AP contract by selling the products they bough on a discount. I read it this week because it was the first time I actually saw the fine print online and the material about AP discounts specifically says you can not sell products you bought with your AP discount for profit. It is similar to the CM discounts. Of course with CM discount it could lose you your job and cause you to have to pay back Disney the amount of savings they gave you. For APs I imagine they would just put you on a blacklist.

Most of them aren't working with in the rules though (not sure if it breaks any law really). Many of the resellers are AP holders and they are violating the AP contract by selling the products they bough on a discount. I read it this week because it was the first time I actually saw the fine print online and the material about AP discounts specifically says you can not sell products you bought with your AP discount for profit. It is similar to the CM discounts. Of course with CM discount it could lose you your job and cause you to have to pay back Disney the amount of savings they gave you. For APs I imagine they would just put you on a blacklist.

Good point! If they have a contract forbidding it, then it is illegal. Although, like you said, I am sure not everyone reselling on eBay is AP.

I'm glad they can live with themselves. I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror of I were knowingly depriving people of something they wanted while I was making a quick buck off something to which I in no way contributed. I don't get on my high horse about refillable mugs, pool hopping, or any of the typical hot-button topics, but these people know they are screwing other guests over and just don't care.

Good point! If they have a contract forbidding it, then it is illegal. Although, like you said, I am sure not everyone reselling on eBay is AP.
I'm fairly sure most of them are, especially if the item location is in Florida.

I don't consider it my business either way since I have no interest in either buying or selling this type of thing on eBay, and it certainly isn't illegal (though possibly against Disney policy), but it seems like so much effort for not a lot of profit. By the time they account for transportation costs, eBay/Paypal fees, shipping, etc - is it really worth it, especially considering the potential consequences of being found out? I have to agree that most of them are probably just trying to make a little extra for their families & are willing to take the risk. Annoying, certainly, but not something to judge someone for IMO.

I'm fairly sure most of them are, especially if the item location is in Florida.

I don't consider it my business either way since I have no interest in either buying or selling this type of thing on eBay, and it certainly isn't illegal (though possibly against Disney policy), but it seems like so much effort for not a lot of profit. By the time they account for transportation costs, eBay/Paypal fees, shipping, etc - is it really worth it, especially considering the potential consequences of being found out? I have to agree that most of them are probably just trying to make a little extra for their families & are willing to take the risk. Annoying, certainly, but not something to judge someone for IMO.
I might just be feeling a little bitter right now. ;)

The ToT dress was back in stock last Friday. I didn't check sizes though so maybe they just didn't have her size. Like I said the dress looked like it was going to be incredibly itchy.

Once they had dresses, but not her size, and the other time we tried they were sold out. But we plan to keep trying. I'll be spending 10 days at POFQ next month, so I'll be going to DS a lot to check out the inventory.

Has anyone been able to get a phone number for the store so we can call and see what's in stock before making a special trip?

Has anyone been able to get a phone number for the store so we can call and see what's in stock before making a special trip?
I don't think this will ever happen. All the employees would get stuck doing all day long is answering the phone.

It will never happen. This is in the co-op section so sometimes in the day there is no one actually in that "shop". Sometimes there are only 3-4 CMs wandering between all the shops.

I don't get this, what do you mean? Did you feel the fabric or see what it's made of?

I don't get this, what do you mean? Did you feel the fabric or see what it's made of?

Yes I did and didn't care for the material. With that said if you are familiar with fabrics you can tell just by looking most of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter