The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Look what just arrived!

View attachment 320388

Brand new Dooney & Bourke handbags are now available at Walt Disney World. The new Collection is a continuation of the “Dream Big Princess” line and features Cinderella, Jaq, and Gus. With this Collection, three different handbags are available: a tote, satchel, and a wallet. We found the Collection at Uptown Jewelers on Main Street USA in Magic Kingdom but the handbags can also be found in Disney Springs at Marketplace Co Op and Ever After Jewelry Co.
Tote – $268 and Wallet – $158

View attachment 320391
Satchel – $298

Thanks at BlogMickey for the photos! For more information here's their link:
http://blogmickey.com/2018/05/new-cinderella-dooney-bourke-handbags-arrive-at-walt-disney-world/

I love the wallet and satchel bag :love: I know what I'm going to get on my next trip :cutie:

@Firebird060 Gave fair warning when selecting your handbags on the News & Rumors thread: Post #7202

"As a leather crafter, a few things I can say about the DB and the Coach leather Disney bags, before buying inspect both the thickness of the leather as well as the seaming around the bag where it is sewn together. The craftsmen ship has been going down over the last few years as they keep pumping out the mass market, Disney themed goods, Thin leather scratches stains and stretches easier, which mean it shows age and wear alot quicker and well if the seams are not tight, the bag will fall apart quicker. Im sure both companys have quality control but because of the demand, it has seem recently that these bags are starting to be made with less strict guidelines. Price doesnt go down, only goes up but quality goes down. In saying that as well I would recommend picking out your bag in person instead of ordering online just to check out the quality of the bag you personally will be buying instead of hoping the wearhouse picks out a good one."

Thank for the great tips and insight! :thumbsup2

Last edited:

@Firebird060 Gave fair warning when selecting your handbags on the News & Rumors thread: Post #7202

"As a leather crafter, a few things I can say about the DB and the Coach leather Disney bags, before buying inspect both the thickness of the leather as well as the seaming around the bag where it is sewn together. The craftsmen ship has been going down over the last few years as they keep pumping out the mass market, Disney themed goods, Thin leather scratches stains and stretches easier, which mean it shows age and wear alot quicker and well if the seams are not tight, the bag will fall apart quicker. Im sure both companys have quality control but because of the demand, it has seem recently that these bags are starting to be made with less strict guidelines. Price doesnt go down, only goes up but quality goes down. In saying that as well I would recommend picking out your bag in person instead of ordering online just to check out the quality of the bag you personally will be buying instead of hoping the wearhouse picks out a good one."

Thank for the great tips and insight! :thumbsup2
I’m new to D&B. I use to be a Coach girl but I love the Disney Dooneys. I currently have 3 totes (the sketch, the 45th, and the DVC). So far I have carried the sketch for 1.5 years and it is holding up so well! But I have heard of these concerns.

Considering ordering the Main st dress online.
Does anyone have pics of it on?
I love the fit of Tiki and Minnie in medium. How does this one fit?

So I emailed shopdisney.com to ask about returning a dress to a physical store if it doesn't fit, and got this answer:
"Dear Disney Guest,

Most items are able to be returned in the Disney stores. This will be at the stores discretion to do so. You will have to contact your local Disney store to see if they will allow the return. However you will be more than welcome to make the return online.

Thanks,"

Which is a weird answer. But maybe next time they have a percent off sale I'll chance it. I really want that Mary Poppins dress! :)

The email receipt for my recent shop disney purchase on line had this in LARGE LETTERS after the order details:

"
Merchandise Return Policy for Shop Disney Parks

For merchandise purchased through Shop Disney Parks ONLY.

Except as noted in the Special Products and Exceptions section below, new and unopened items in original packaging and with all tags attached can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase. No returns or exchanges will be accepted after 30 days from the date of purchase or if the merchandise has been used or worn. Items that are damaged or that do not have proof of purchase may be denied a refund or exchange.

Special Products and Exceptions: Jewelry items priced $150 or greater may not be returned or exchanged. Damaged or defective DVD, Blu-ray, audio, video game and software merchandise may only be exchanged for the same item and title.

To return or exchange merchandise purchases that were "shipped to home" call (800) 328-0327 for assistance. Please have your email receipt and order number handy, as they will be required to process your return or exchange. Merchandise that was "shipped to home" cannot be returned or exchanged at Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort or Disney Store locations.

To return or exchange merchandise purchases delivered to a Walt Disney World® Resort theme park package pick-up location or Disney Resort hotel call (800) 328-0327 for assistance or bring the merchandise to a Walt Disney World® Resort owned and operated merchandise location. The on-site shipping receipt and credit card used for payment will be required to process a return or exchange at a Walt Disney World® Resort owned and operated merchandise location. Additionally, you may be required to present valid government-issued identification as proof of identity.

Refunds will be provided in the same form of payment that was used for the purchase. We reserve the right to deny or limit the amount of returns and exchanges without an original proof of purchase.

This return policy is subject to change, for any reason, from time to time in our sole discretion without advance notice.
"

I’m new to D&B. I use to be a Coach girl but I love the Disney Dooneys. I currently have 3 totes (the sketch, the 45th, and the DVC). So far I have carried the sketch for 1.5 years and it is holding up so well! But I have heard of these concerns.

Back in 2014 there were wide spread reports about Disney's Haunted Mansion D&B purses having major issues. It was epic! The purses were sold online and in-store at Disney locations from WDW to DL. Some of the issues happened days after receiving the handbags and included: straps breaking apart, lining shredding, the design rubbing off and/or flaking off. Disney and D&B ignored the cries for help until it appeared in social media... the things we have to do to be heard! You can read more about this on the following links:

DIS Board: Help! Damaged Dooney purse

Oni-Hartstein, Blog (includes report & photos): http://www.onezumiverse.com/2014/10...rks-x-haunted-mansion-dooney-and-bourke-bags/

Victory! The Disney Blog: http://thedisneyblog.com/2015/07/14...-made-haunted-mansion-dooney-and-bourke-bags/

Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience machine washing these dresses? I recently bought one of the blue Magic Kingdom dresses from Downtown Disney in Anaheim. Because of the material (97% cotton, 3% spandex), I’m thinking it would be okay in the wash, but I’m torn between not wanting to ruin it and not wanting to pay extra to clean it

Does anyone have any experience machine washing these dresses? I recently bought one of the blue Magic Kingdom dresses from Downtown Disney in Anaheim. Because of the material (97% cotton, 3% spandex), I’m thinking it would be okay in the wash, but I’m torn between not wanting to ruin it and not wanting to pay extra to clean it

I put my dresses inside out then place in a mesh laundry bag and hand tie it closed (avoid the bags with zippers) and machine wash in cold water gentle cycle. The soap I recommend are Soak or Eucalan. Do not use Tide, Persil or Woolite they are too harsh and can remove the colors gradually and damage the elasticity in the spandex. When the wash is done take the dress out immediately to reduce wrinkles, turn it right side out and hang to dry. Do not use wooden hangers. :laundy:

EDIT: I own Tiki, Snow White, Haunted Mansion and original Orange Bird.

Ugh, one last thing! If you sweat, wear sunscreen and deodorant - which we all do especially during the summer months, I HIGHLY recommend you pre-treat those stains when your done wearing it, otherwise they will become more apparent. The longer you wait to wash it the more time the stain has to becoming permanent. Use the soaps mentioned above for pre-treating, no rubbing either.
Ha! Now I'm happy!

Last edited:
Back in 2014 there were wide spread reports about Disney's Haunted Mansion D&B purses having major issues. It was epic! The purses were sold online and in-store at Disney locations from WDW to DL. Some of the issues happened days after receiving the handbags and included: straps breaking apart, lining shredding, the design rubbing off and/or flaking off. Disney and D&B ignored the cries for help until it appeared in social media... the things we have to do to be heard! You can read more about this on the following links:

DIS Board: Help! Damaged Dooney purse

Oni-Hartstein, Blog (includes report & photos): http://www.onezumiverse.com/2014/10...rks-x-haunted-mansion-dooney-and-bourke-bags/

Victory! The Disney Blog: http://thedisneyblog.com/2015/07/14...-made-haunted-mansion-dooney-and-bourke-bags/

I had one of the problematic bags. The red lining bled and the paint flakes off. They replaced my bag, but ended up giving me one that had the original red cloth lining in one pocket and the bottom inside of the bag. The red suede was replaced with green. I actually like the green but the red and green combo was sort of ridiculous. I rarely use the bag at all and I should have just sent it back for a refund. The experience really soured me on the brand.

I had one of the problematic bags. The red lining bled and the paint flakes off. They replaced my bag, but ended up giving me one that had the original red cloth lining in one pocket and the bottom inside of the bag. The red suede was replaced with green. I actually like the green but the red and green combo was sort of ridiculous. I rarely use the bag at all and I should have just sent it back for a refund. The experience really soured me on the brand.

I cannot begin to imagine the frustration you went through, how awful. Even though people buy and use their handbags, with gentle wear you should be able to sell it if you wanted to and get a fair amount for it but yours, woof! I'm not sure. I would buy used.

I cannot begin to imagine the frustration you went through, how awful. Even though people buy and use their handbags, with gentle wear you should be able to sell it if you wanted to and get a fair amount for it but yours, woof! I'm not sure. I would buy used.

Yeah - the only selling point would be its uniqueness. There probably aren’t too many of them out there with the “Christmas” lining.

The Criminal Crinoline Caper!

In reading comments about the crinoline slip here are two examples to help guide you in purchasing the correct one.

upload_2018-5-7_3-17-57.png

On the left, is Disney's Crinoline and I have to admit this really does an amazing job of puffing up my dress but because I'm 5' 2" I'll have to make significant hem alterations to make it look exactly the way Disney presents these dresses. The first row of gatherings sit high on my hips lending a puffier look, which isn't pretty nor flattering.

On the right, is amazon's Grace Karin Vintage 50's slip. Do you notice how this one hugs the body down to the hips? If you have a bit of tummy bulge this style of slip is for you. I'm not saying this brand exclusively, rather this style will prevent the poof from being exaggerated.

Another thing that will help reduce the appearance of the bulge is wearing Spanx or products similar.

upload_2018-5-7_3-26-21.png

Personally, I love the length of this dress as seen above... if I were in my twenties! Alas, I'm not. I'll keep my Disney slip and alter it at the waist and hip line which will allow it to fall below my knees, where I like my dresses and then alter my dresses accordingly.

Last edited:
I would buy used.
So I have not paid full price for any of my 3. My first was my sketch and it was very gently used, off eBay. My second (45th Anniversary) was BNWOT, bought from the first owner from a FB group, and my third (DVC) I got 20% off but did buy brand new. So I feel pretty good about my choices.

I plan to look at the outlets when we go but I really am not sure I need any more bc I don't change my purses out. I am thinking I will change to the DVC for the summer, then to the 45th for the fall, but if I do it remains to be seen. LOL.

So I have not paid full price for any of my 3. My first was my sketch and it was very gently used, off eBay. My second (45th Anniversary) was BNWOT, bought from the first owner from a FB group, and my third (DVC) I got 20% off but did buy brand new. So I feel pretty good about my choices.

I plan to look at the outlets when we go but I really am not sure I need any more bc I don't change my purses out. I am thinking I will change to the DVC for the summer, then to the 45th for the fall, but if I do it remains to be seen. LOL.

I really wanted the Snow White “Emily “Tote $298
upload_2018-5-7_11-27-37.png

or the Snow White “Kendra” Satchel $228
upload_2018-5-7_11-28-13.png

Without seeing them in person I couldn't take the bite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter