The dream christmas cruise dec 2-6 2012

Monique thanks for the heads up...it's appreciated. My kids dad died 6 years ago tomorrow (26th) so we're doing the cruise to distract them too. My husband is very understanding of the kids feelings and we always try to do something around the anniversary to help them not get "stuck".

I'm looking forward to seeing my kids smile. Neither is terribly emotional (externally) and the last time we took my daughter to disney her dad was sick...it also was the first time I'd heard her laugh out loud in forever.

Because Keegan's not very social, we're hoping to help him branch out. He did like the kid's club on our last cruise, so I know he'll love it even more this time...new meds have made a tremendous difference in him since then.

Secondly, I'm most excited to spend some quality time with the family. It seems like at home there is always something going on for someone... meetings, dr. appointments, my daughter works 2 jobs plus goes to school. It'll be a nice break for everyone.

Super excited! I'll begin packing tomorrow YAY!

Thanks for the support! My friend is getting very excited for her first Disney cruise, which is such a good thing because she has been fearing how hard the holidays were going to be. She is even looking forward to seeing the ship decorated and photos ops with Donald Duck. The FE has been very therapeutic too. From going to the craft store and picking out the material, to sewing it, and to crafting and buying gifts for everyone. I'm so happy we have such a great group of people and such a manageable size for FE. I was on the Hawaiian cruise in October and there were 80 cabins! Not nearly as much fun as this! You guys are awesome!

Ack! My boys just printed out their door magnets and ears for the door last night....I just found out the doors in concierge aren't magnetic?!?

As I count it those of us doing everyone with the FE have a total of 56 people, 17 of which are under 18. Please tell me if I counted wrong.

Last minute packing questions!

Should I bring beach towels, or do they have something that works well? Are there a good amount of hangers in the closets or should I bring a few?

Another packing question:

Do we need to bring shampoo, conditioner, soap etc? I've seen several post saying its not necessary however on other cruise lines it's not provided.

Also what is the dinner dress code? I know the adult restaurants are more formal but what about the other restaurants??

Only 3 more sleeps :)

Thanks!!

Another packing question:

Do we need to bring shampoo, conditioner, soap etc? I've seen several post saying its not necessary however on other cruise lines it's not provided.

Also what is the dinner dress code? I know the adult restaurants are more formal but what about the other restaurants??

Only 3 more sleeps :)

Thanks!!

They have the soap, shampoo, and conditioner in the room and will replentish whatever you use, the room host/hostess checks the room a couple of times a day. The dress code is mostly casual, one night is dress up. You are not supposed to wear bathing suits and sleeveless shirts to the dining rooms for lunch or supper.:)

Last minute packing questions!

Should I bring beach towels, or do they have something that works well? Are there a good amount of hangers in the closets or should I bring a few?

There is no need to bring the beach towels. They provide towels at castaway cay and at the pools on board. I believe there are 12 to 15 hangers, I guess you could ask for more if you need more. I wouldn't pack hangers, save room for souvieners.:cool1:

So a quick little update on project Kaitlin. So I have been out of town traveling for work and have been telling Kaitlin that this weekend is the week we are going to Orlando. Well about a month ago I got her time off cleared with her boss, she was was "ok sure no problem at all". Well Kaitlin calls me this morning and says we can't go to Orlando this weekend because she has to work... I start FREAKING OUT inside but still acting ok. Well I called her boss and she isn't in till like 5:00pm (this was at 10:00am). So I had to wait all day... I finally get ahold of her and she made a mistake and forgot but went ahead and took her off the schedule.So all is good but it was a really close call.

<<<Note>>> for all of those who haven't been following the story, Kaitlin is my girlfriend who doesn't know she is going on her Dream ship "The Dream in three days!!!

So a quick little update on project Kaitlin. So I have been out of town traveling for work and have been telling Kaitlin that this weekend is the week we are going to Orlando. Well about a month ago I got her time off cleared with her boss, she was was "ok sure no problem at all". Well Kaitlin calls me this morning and says we can't go to Orlando this weekend because she has to work... I start FREAKING OUT inside but still acting ok. Well I called her boss and she isn't in till like 5:00pm (this was at 10:00am). So I had to wait all day... I finally get ahold of her and she made a mistake and forgot but went ahead and took her off the schedule.So all is good but it was a really close call.

<<<Note>>> for all of those who haven't been following the story, Kaitlin is my girlfriend who doesn't know she is going on her Dream ship "The Dream in three days!!!

Absolutely love it...got a heart flitter and then a cute little smile from this one. Can't wait to meet you both on Sunday at 3 to hear/see her reaction. You've done well do far Brad, keep it up and you two will be enjoy the Dream together in no time. :hug:

Brandy

Very cool. Gotta say I got a little rush over this story. Should be a fun cruise story for you (and us!) to tell! :woohoo:

Okay - just booked tonight! Me, DH, DD11, DD13. YEAH! No room yet, a GTY. We're happy just to be on the ship.........

I have packed mine and my granddaughters suitcases. Have my FE suitcase packed and am getting together tomorrow night for dinner at my house with Jenny, Richard and Kay (Other family going with us) to talk over last minute things and make sure we have it all covered. I am sooooo excited. The countdown chain only has 2 links left on it (guess it isn't a chain anymore...lol) See you all on the ship on Sunday:cool1::yay::dance3::cheer2:pirate::wave2:.

It's crazy...just one more night of this cold weather before we board the plane for Orlando. Everyone's packed, except the "put it off until the last minute" DH. :confused3 Going to push him to have it done before noon, but we'll see.

Weather looks to be beautiful for the whole week, including Thursday night for Mickey's Christmas Party. :beach: It looked ify for a little bit last week. I know a few of you are planning to attend, hope we're able to see you there as well.

We'll see everyone Sunday around 3PM!!! Safe travels to you all and sending lots of pixie dust your way. pixiedust:

Ian, get that dark rum ready...:woohoo: I believe it's "Mission Accomplished"!

Brandy

It's crazy...just one more night of this cold weather before we board the plane for Orlando. Everyone's packed, except the "put it off until the last minute" DH. :confused3 Going to push him to have it done before noon, but we'll see.

Weather looks to be beautiful for the whole week, including Thursday night for Mickey's Christmas Party. :beach: It looked ify for a little bit last week. I know a few of you are planning to attend, hope we're able to see you there as well.

We'll see everyone Sunday around 3PM!!! Safe travels to you all and sending lots of pixie dust your way. pixiedust:

Ian, get that dark rum ready...:woohoo: I believe it's "Mission Accomplished"!

I WILL BE THE ONE WEARING THE SILLY CANADIAN DISNEY TOQUE:rotfl2: AT MICKEYS CHRISTMAS PARTY

Okay - just booked tonight! Me, DH, DD11, DD13. YEAH! No room yet, a GTY. We're happy just to be on the ship.........

Now now, don't rush into this. Are you certain you've thought about it? You do have another 48 hours to change your mind.

=) Awesome that you're coming. I can't chastise you too much about last-minute decisions because my wife and made a relatively last-minute decision to go to Blizzard Beach the day we get back from the cruise. (It's free for DVC members on December 6th.)

See you on Sunday!

Now now, don't rush into this. Are you certain you've thought about it? You do have another 48 hours to change your mind.

=) Awesome that you're coming. I can't chastise you too much about last-minute decisions because my wife and made a relatively last-minute decision to go to Blizzard Beach the day we get back from the cruise. (It's free for DVC members on December 6th.)

See you on Sunday!

You forgot to mention that our FE gifts are yet to be put together and we don't even have bags out into which we need to pack--even though we are out of the house for the plane to Orlando in less than 24 hours. Oh, and that we were looking at having our 18 month old join us as of last night due to an unexpected child care crisis--(tho that was averted.)

We not only won't chastise you, we probably will bow at your feet in awe at your last second ahhhhsomeness for last minute planning. :D

Question for the DCL veterans...

So with Disney's alcohol policy you can bring any alcohol on board... This I know.

But in their policy it states they have the right to remove fragile bottles from luggage... Does this mean your carry on too?

I understand if you put a glass bottle in checked luggage then they may remove it because it may break. But removing a glass bottle from a carry ok sounds a bit silly.

If you put a glass bottle in carry on will they remove it?

Question for the DCL veterans...

So with Disney's alcohol policy you can bring any alcohol on board... This I know.

But in their policy it states they have the right to remove fragile bottles from luggage... Does this mean your carry on too?

I understand if you put a glass bottle in checked luggage then they may remove it because it may break. But removing a glass bottle from a carry ok sounds a bit silly.

If you put a glass bottle in carry on will they remove it?

IVE ALWAYS BROUGHT MY 40OUNCER OF DARK RUM IN MY CARRY ON NO PROBLEM:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter