• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Hey guys I asked this as on the board but got no response we are doing two nights at DLR but I’m thinking of tacking on a night at PP. will Disney transport luggage or is that solely a WDW thing ? Thanks
Last year Disney had no problem shifting luggage between hotels… kinda hope that’s the same this year since I’m doing a split stay in late October, lol

Hey guys I asked this as on the board but got no response we are doing two nights at DLR but I’m thinking of tacking on a night at PP. will Disney transport luggage or is that solely a WDW thing ? Thanks
I specifically asked Bell Services if this was available for a future potential visit my DW and I want to take at DLR. My semi-secretive plan in the next few years is to take my DW to DLR during Oogie Boogie Bash and do a split-stay, with 1-2 nights at DLH and 1-2 nights at GCH. The Bell Services CM told me that it will transfer luggage from DLH and GCH.

Now, my caveats are this: One CMs sometimes are mistaken; and, two sometimes (maybe oftentimes) TWDC changes perks offered to guests. Those changes are not always a benefit to the guest either. ;)

For those who’ve had a recent club level stay, were you given priority seating at any of the nighttime shows? An outside travel agent stated this is now a perk to staying club level at one of the Disneyland resorts.

Has anyone done this recently and can report of their most recent experience?

I have stayed club level countless times and this has never been a perk, aside from staying in a signature suite. Just wondering if Disney is changing things up again…

Last edited:
For those who’ve had a recent club level stay, we’re you given priority seating at any of the nighttime shows? An outside travel agent stated this is now a perk to staying club level at one of the Disneyland resorts.

Has anyone done this recently and can report of their most recent experience?

I have stayed club level countless times and this has never been a perk, aside from staying in a signature suite. Just wondering if Disney is changing things up again…
It is a perk, IF seating is available same day. Sadly, it frequently is not. I think it only was once for us.

Hello all!

Anyone been recently and can comment about how housekeeping has been? What is a good amount to tip housekeeping? Should we tip daily with a note? We also will need to store our luggage the first and last day.. what should I have on hand to tip them? Appreciate it! We are uncultured folks who are used to the holiday inn...

We tip $5 a day and $10 on check out for a regular room, and $10/$20 for suites. Storage - Depending on how many bags, $5-10 when they pick up the bags, and $5 to pick up to leave, $10 if they load. We are generally more like $20 but we travel with service dog and have crates and stuff. My younger daughter and I will each have 1 bag and a backpack. The rest of my Expedition Max "trunk" is full with older daughter and dog stuff.

Last edited:
We got daily housekeeping in a regular room at DLH last week. It’s nice to tip daily in case you don’t have the same housekeeper each day. And good to leave a note so there is no doubt that the money is intended for them.

We tip $10 each day and put it in a cute Mickey/Minnie envelope. I ordered several of these packs a while back and so we just put the cash in there, write "Thanks, Mousekeeping!" and leave it in an obvious place like on the end of the bed. Any tip should be put in an envelope with some type of note so that way they know it's was meant for them.

These are the ones I purchased. Super inexpensive and I think they're fun:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/854035...035303&click_sum=bbb227a0&ref=hp_opfy-5&sts=1

We tip $10 each day and put it in a cute Mickey/Minnie envelope. I ordered several of these packs a while back and so we just put the cash in there, write "Thanks, Mousekeeping!" and leave it in an obvious place like on the end of the bed. Any tip should be put in an envelope with some type of note so that way they know it's was meant for them.

These are the ones I purchased. Super inexpensive and I think they're fun:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/854035303/minnie-mouse-small-gold-foil-envelopes?click_key=4adc904ecf4e62aab8566b126d997216e971898b:854035303&click_sum=bbb227a0&ref=hp_opfy-5&sts=1
Wow you do it up fancier than me. I take a plain white envelope and with a ink pen draw Mickey Ears and "Mousekeeping" on it. I may need to buy the envelopes and save myself the time of drawing Mickey Ears.

To the PP who inquired, I felt that the Mousekeeping at DLH was far superior to our housekeeping at BC in WDW during our 2021 trip. Our room was tidy and I cannot remember if they came daily or not? We left a $10 tip per envelope too. As far as Bell Services, I tipped $10 as well for leaving our bags with them on our departure day.

Wow you do it up fancier than me. I take a plain white envelope and with a ink pen draw Mickey Ears and "Mousekeeping" on it. I may need to buy the envelopes and save myself the time of drawing Mickey Ears.

That's just as cute! I think they're probably more thrilled about the tip inside than what's on the outside of the envelope lol

A lot of times, one of us are in the room when they come. If that is the case, we just hand it to them. If we aren't or last day, II usually leave it in the bathroom where the toiletries are replaced.

Just wanted to let people know about the current DVC tower construction.

We stayed at the GC, but went over to Tangeroa for breakfast this past Monday morning, October 3 (Tangeroa Toast is a guilty pleasure).

The construction noise is pretty bad if you're in the pool area. Not sure if they're doing construction on weekends, but it's quite annoying when they are.

Do y’all think the majority of the exterior construction will be completed by June 2023? We want to stay at DLH, but I have a hard time paying $700 a night x8, if we can’t relax at the pool without all the construction noise.

Do y’all think the majority of the exterior construction will be completed by June 2023? We want to stay at DLH, but I have a hard time paying $700 a night x8, if we can’t relax at the pool without all the construction noise.
I don't think they've publicly announced any kind of timeline for the project.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter