The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Wow- I thought all the beds had the light up head board! That is really some view. Is it the 2 bedroom jr suite? Or the 2 bedroom family suite? It will always be the Weirdo suite to me now, I'm just curious :)

It’s the 2 bedroom family suite 😆

If you are staying in a regular room there is a separate category (and price) for Club Level but when staying in a suite you can request to add Club Level but it won't be confirmed until you check in and they confirm it is available. The people who actually book Club Level in regular rooms have priority over those adding to suites (except the suites like the Fantasy Suite and Adventureland Suite which automatically have access to the lounge) so that sounds like the difference
That makes sense then. One morning I was in the lounge and a women was in their with her 2 kids and the concierge was showing her the food and she said she was trying to make a decision on whether to add it onto her stay, at least for one or two days. She was wanting to see all the menus. I was a little perplexed over the conversation because I had no idea you could add it like that.

It’s the 2 bedroom family suite 😆
We're in the 2 bedroom family connecting suite this time but another trip (that ended up cancelled) we were booked in the 2 bedroom family/weirdo suite. It was apparently going to have only 2 king beds, so must have been similar to yours.

We're staying in a 1br family suite next month as 3 and I'm wondering how the pullout couch bed is comfort wise?

Is it a regular mattress that can you feel the weird bar in the middle? Or is the mattress thick enough you can't? My mom would be the one sleeping on it for 4 nights and she's wondering if she should just bring a twin size blow up she knows is comfortable instead and leaving the couch as a couch the entire time.

We're staying in a 1br family suite next month as 3 and I'm wondering how the pullout couch bed is comfort wise?

Is it a regular mattress that can you feel the weird bar in the middle? Or is the mattress thick enough you can't? My mom would be the one sleeping on it for 4 nights and she's wondering if she should just bring a twin size blow up she knows is comfortable instead and leaving the couch as a couch the entire time.
My 12yo thought it was too firm but my dh thought it was really comfortable and he didn't notice a bar in the middle like on most sofabeds. The mattress was a nice thickness. The only weird thing was the bedding was too small. It had a bottom sheet, but the blankets and top sheet seemed to be made for a twin. They might have just been the room we were in, though.

Bumping this back up. Getting excited for our December trip coming up! Got the park reservations done and now just waiting for dining reservations, cabana rentals, and keeping an eye out for any potential hotel discounts! If a hefty enough one pops i may try and move our groups reservations over to the GCH but we will see. We are stoked about the DLH regardless.

Does anyone know if I book 2 rooms and we later only need 1, does the “change” with the reservation option allow to cancel 1 of the rooms vs the entire reservation? (Room only reservation).

Does anyone know if I book 2 rooms and we later only need 1, does the “change” with the reservation option allow to cancel 1 of the rooms vs the entire reservation? (Room only reservation).
I would just give the Walt Disney Travel Company a call. There is never a wait, the CMs are friendly, and it's a pretty painless process. That way you can be sure that only 1 is cancelled. But, I'm always super nervous pressing the "change/cancel" button because I worry I'll press the wrong thing and cancel everything lol

I would just give the Walt Disney Travel Company a call. There is never a wait, the CMs are friendly, and it's a pretty painless process. That way you can be sure that only 1 is cancelled. But, I'm always super nervous pressing the "change/cancel" button because I worry I'll press the wrong thing and cancel everything lol
Thanks! I’m so nervous to select the option too, always afraid of doing something I am not intending! 😂

Hello, just back from a stay at the Disneyland Hotel. We had a great trip, but just for others to be aware I thought I would mention this.

We checked in at 10pm when we arrived and were given a note about the new construction and also the painting of the existing towers. We were told they might be painting around our windows for a couple hours one day so just be aware so we can close the curtains. Ok, no big deal!

Well, it was dark when we arrived, but the next morning when we woke up I discovered the staging area for the painters working on the Frontier Tower was right outside our window. This meant all day long there were workers there, so we had to keep our curtains closed during their long work hours. This is where they did their prep work, took their breaks, had meetings, ate their lunch etc… so it was very uncomfortable to have people just feet from the window. (Probably for them as well)

I noticed this staging area took up about 6 windows, so it was affecting 6 rooms. It seems to me Disney should not have sold these rooms, especially for the price we pay. This was a well built staging platform that Disney knew would be there for some time.

Since we didn’t notice this at check-in since it was dark and were fully unpacked and settled by morning I didn’t request another room.

However, you might just want to make sure you don’t get a room on the 2nd floor of the Frontier Tower right now.

I snapped a few pictures after they finished work for the day, just so you could see what it looked like outside our window. I have pictures of when it was full of workers, but don’t want to post those here due to respecting their privacy. 266C5835-4168-4862-9D68-9BB1A6DD78DF.jpeg

Attachments

• B6D56DD6-1ED1-4FCC-ABC0-00830EC4D51A.jpeg
    B6D56DD6-1ED1-4FCC-ABC0-00830EC4D51A.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 48
  • F01B5704-9ECD-4305-BF44-1CF22DE1071F.jpeg
    F01B5704-9ECD-4305-BF44-1CF22DE1071F.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 49
  • 9A887FA2-2283-4A5C-8EDC-0D6B9768AD7D.jpeg
    9A887FA2-2283-4A5C-8EDC-0D6B9768AD7D.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 48
Hello, just back from a stay at the Disneyland Hotel. We had a great trip, but just for others to be aware I thought I would mention this.

We checked in at 10pm when we arrived and were given a note about the new construction and also the painting of the existing towers. We were told they might be painting around our windows for a couple hours one day so just be aware so we can close the curtains. Ok, no big deal!

Well, it was dark when we arrived, but the next morning when we woke up I discovered the staging area for the painters working on the Frontier Tower was right outside our window. This meant all day long there were workers there, so we had to keep our curtains closed during their long work hours. This is where they did their prep work, took their breaks, had meetings, ate their lunch etc… so it was very uncomfortable to have people just feet from the window. (Probably for them as well)

I noticed this staging area took up about 6 windows, so it was affecting 6 rooms. It seems to me Disney should not have sold these rooms, especially for the price we pay. This was a well built staging platform that Disney knew would be there for some time.

Since we didn’t notice this at check-in since it was dark and were fully unpacked and settled by morning I didn’t request another room.

However, you might just want to make sure you don’t get a room on the 2nd floor of the Frontier Tower right now.

I snapped a few pictures after they finished work for the day, just so you could see what it looked like outside our window. I have pictures of when it was full of workers, but don’t want to post those here due to respecting their privacy. View attachment 697974
Yeah, that’s no good. I would be sending a letter to guest services. They need to discount your room.

Last edited:

I snapped a few pictures after they finished work for the day, just so you could see what it looked like outside our window. I have pictures of when it was full of workers, but don’t want to post those here due to respecting their privacy. View attachment 697974

I worked in the hotel industry so there is a lot I tell people to just try to make the best of..however..this is NOT one of those times.

I absolutely agree these rooms should not be sold or used as emergency overflow only/cast member discounts , etc.
This absolutely needs to be addressed and not just accepted. There is a respectful way to approach it and obviously those working at the front desk are not the ones in charge of making the final decision but firm feedback is absolutely warranted. I still would have spoken to the front desk upon departure and showed the photos.

Sorry to hear about this experience.

With the price they charge, that is totally unacceptable. I would not have accepted that room, or would be demanding a big discount.

Oh no. No no no no no, you did NOT have to accept that room, regardless of the time of night you checked in. If I woke to that in the morning, you'd better believe I'd be right down at Guest Services in the morning to express that this is not ok.

You had every right to do this. They gave you a room that shouldn't have been assigned, as Astylla mentioned. If they were out of rooms, they should have transferred you to GCH (I've had that happen). If there simply were no rooms of any type at your reserved level or above at either hotel when you checked in, then they needed to be clearer about the actual state of the room and offered you a very generous discount. You need to contact them and be very clear that this was a terrible situation that was not mentioned prior to arrival and not fully communicated to you at check-in. Explain everything that you posted here and let them know that you've always been appreciative of the fantastic customer service in the past but this has given you reason to question their current customer service policies and the company as a whole.

I worked in the hotel industry so there is a lot I tell people to just try to make the best of..however..this is NOT one of those times.

I absolutely agree these rooms should not be sold or used as emergency overflow only/cast member discounts , etc.
This absolutely needs to be addressed and not just accepted. There is a respectful way to approach it and obviously those working at the front desk are not the ones in charge of making the final decision but firm feedback is absolutely warranted. I still would have spoken to the front desk upon departure and showed the photos.

Sorry to hear about this experience.
Thank you, you all have made me feel like my expectations were not crazy, and that the room was not ok! I was shocked when I woke up.
I did write Disney this morning and will follow up with them, as needed.

Last edited:
Oh no. No no no no no, you did NOT have to accept that room, regardless of the time of night you checked in. If I woke to that in the morning, you'd better believe I'd be right down at Guest Services in the morning to express that this is not ok.

You had every right to do this. They gave you a room that shouldn't have been assigned, as Astylla mentioned. If they were out of rooms, they should have transferred you to GCH (I've had that happen). If there simply were no rooms of any type at your reserved level or above at either hotel when you checked in, then they needed to be clearer about the actual state of the room and offered you a very generous discount. You need to contact them and be very clear that this was a terrible situation that was not mentioned prior to arrival and not fully communicated to you at check-in. Explain everything that you posted here and let them know that you've always been appreciative of the fantastic customer service in the past but this has given you reason to question their current customer service policies and the company as a whole.
Even though we didn’t arrive until 10pm I received the room notification text at 3:30pm with the room number. This makes me think these rooms are being assigned as normal. I will let everyone know Disney’s response when I hear back.

Hello all,

I called today to ask about a Cabana rental for October 11th. Price was $425 for full day and $375 for a half day. I don't think we will be doing that. Bit of a sticker shock there! (We could basically stay another night for that amount..) But thought folks would like to know. The 11th is a Tuesday.

Hello all,

I called today to ask about a Cabana rental for October 11th. Price was $425 for full day and $375 for a half day. I don't think we will be doing that. Bit of a sticker shock there! (We could basically stay another night for that amount..) But thought folks would like to know. The 11th is a Tuesday.
Good to know. Were they willing to let you book that far ahead?

Hello all,

Oh wow. Thanks for sharing because that is something I was thinking about but not for that amount (for us). Now I can stop thinking on it. Ha

That is totally unacceptable and I'm so sorry you had that room! We had a very similar thing happen in June with construction workers right outside our window. We had to keep the curtains closed the whole time. Your situation looks even worse. I called the day after we checked in and spoke to someone and they gave me a discount.
They really shouldn't be putting people in those rooms. If they MUST they should have an extreme discount and tell people exactly what to expect. For us, we saved up for years to stay at DLH in a nice suite, so it was beyond disappointing to have all the construction right there. We couldn't enjoy the room or the view at al. Our room also had this fine white dust all over everything that we assumed was connected to the construction. We would have stayed somewhere else if we'd known.

I hope you hear back soon and they are able to give you a partial refund or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter