"The Disney ship dwarfs all the other ships in port!"

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
That is a direct quote from my nephew who was in Port Canaveral Saturday for his cruise on the Carnival Glory.

He sent me a picture of the Magic as he saw it from the highway. The text said "taken from my Hummer (rental) ..be jealous"

I called him back later and told him HE could be jealous, because he only had a picture, and I had been on DCL 3 times! He then tells me it is an awesome sight. The Disney ship dwarfs all the other ships.

You can try to tell people how big the Disney ship is, but until they see for themselves, it is truly an understatement.

So, when he gets back from his "little" Carnival cruise, I think they are going to join us on our April '08 DC.

Obviously RCCL's Mariner of the Seas wasn't in port -- she makes the Disney ships look like tug boats :eek:

Not to burst your bubble but the Carnival Glory is larger than the DCL ships...though the Magic and Wonder are the most beautiful to look at...IMO!!!!

Glory...111,000 tons and holds 3,700 passengers....length 952 ft.

DCL ships....83,000 tons and holds about 2500 passengers...length 964 ft.

So...the DCL ships are a few feet longer but the Glory definitely is bigger and higher and holds more passengers.

Okay...I know I have Disney on the brain! When I first read your Thread title...I was thinking Dwarfs.....as in Snow White's Seven.......

OMG I need a life!!

Not to burst your bubble but the Carnival Glory is larger than the DCL ships...though the Magic and Wonder are the most beautiful to look at...IMO!!!!

Glory...111,000 tons and holds 3,700 passengers....length 952 ft.

DCL ships....83,000 tons and holds about 2500 passengers...length 964 ft.

So...the DCL ships are a few feet longer but the Glory definitely is bigger and higher and holds more passengers.

Well, my nephew is definitely partial to Disney, so to him, it probably did look bigger, he was just in awe of it.

Obviously RCCL's Mariner of the Seas wasn't in port -- she makes the Disney ships look like tug boats :eek:

:rotfl: Yes, she does. When we first sailed the Wonder though, it definitely was the biggest there. That was a loonnnnnng time ago.

Well, my nephew is definitely partial to Disney, so to him, it probably did look bigger, he was just in awe of it.

Believe me...most of us on these boards are partial to Disney and we are all in awe when we see the Disney ships!!! They are beautiful!!! Your nephew has great taste!!!

Disney1fan2002

My family is going on our first non Disney cruise on the Carnival Glory also. I would be interested in your nephews thoughts when he returns.

He could PM me.

I used to work for Carnival Cruise Lines (before I started teaching :teacher:) and I can tell you that the Glory is beautiful. My last Carnival Cruise was on the Glory and I had a stateroom on the spa deck. It was great BUT nothing compares to Disney!

Yes, the Mariner is bigger, we were on that ship last year.

And we'll be on the Glory next year. :)

We've enjoyed our Disney cruises, but they are just too expensive. :(

I was worried I wouldn't enjoy the Mariner since all we'd done were Disney cruises and I would be forever comparing, and I did compare but usually the Mariner came up on top. So many things we enjoyed more on that ship.

We're anxious to try the Glory, it was only $869/person for a balcony cabin (not guarantee, we chose which cabin we wanted). Much, much cheaper than Disney.

It was great BUT nothing compares to Disney!

Could you elaborate on this statement please. I would like to hear a comparison from someone who worked on another cruise line.

Randy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!