The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I've seen some weird things in a CG before. Early this morning at Pomona SP in KS I've added something to the top 5.

A stretch limo suburban that had little to zero muffler pulled into the loop at 1:40 am. The alternator clearly couldn't keep up with all the crap hung on the limo so the engine was idling all over the place and the lights were going bright/dim, bright/dim. We had some severe weather passing around us last night so when this gem showed up, DW shot awake and thought it was a tornado or something, such an odd sound.

It took the folks about 15 minutes to get out and go to their 2 or 3 campers across from us with the pulsing roar of the engine continuing throughout. The limo pulled away and then took another 15 minutes to do a 40 point turn to get out of the loop. Then the revelers decided to yell at each other between their campers for another 20 minutes before either I passed back out or they went inside.

Rant over...get off my lawn.

Last edited:

The revelers decided to yell at each other between their campers for another 20 minutes before either I passed back out or they went inside.
The joys of public campgrounds. The campground here has a "no alcohol" rule. It appears most interpret it as "no obvious alcohol", so that is keeping things tame. Our entertainment yesterday was watch a guy with a 40+ ft, triple axle toy hauler pull into his site nose first. Ran the truck all the way up to the outhouse in the middle of the open field behind his site. We were speculating if he thought it was a pull through (clearly not) or he was trying to get to his site on the other side of the common ground. 5 minutes later and he had flipped around and was backed in correctly.

Had us all scratching our heads until a few hours later and people in the site next to them did the same thing. Apparently they are friends and wanted to face each other, but Mr.Toy Hauler didn't know which way to face.

All is good now. Here is the final outcome.

20210515_092605_copy_2064x1161.jpg

j

Evidently I was entertainment when I pulled in. There are 3 or so rigs next to us that look full time/seasonals. My site is a difficult back up with a tree and the site post in the most inconvenient placements. We came in from the west first and didn't like the angle so we went through the loop, turned around and came back from the east. It then took us all of two attempts to put it in the site, but it didn't stop the full time folks from leaving their fire and standing on the edge of the road like this:
giphy.gif

They weren't very good at being incognito. Eventually they headed back to their fire, but they didn't stop staring at us until we finished cooking dinner on the Blackstone and headed inside to eat.

Ask Tiggerdad about venturing away from Camping forums. The Go Fund Me page is still up and accepting donations to cover his bail and legal fees.
I have to admit to occasionally straying off to other forums mostly the Dining related but I need to remind myself that while I am there, the other people posting there have palettes not refined enough for the The Red Tide or Road Kill Cafes. So I dumb myself up enough to stay out of trouble.

Ask Tiggerdad about venturing away from Camping forums. The Go Fund Me page is still up and accepting donations to cover his bail and legal fees.
I have to admit to occasionally straying off to other forums mostly the Dining related but I need to remind myself that while I am there, the other people posting there have palettes not refined enough for the The Red Tide or Road Kill Cafes. So I dumb myself up enough to stay out of trouble.
Thats good to know, at least i dont have to play dumb. So im all good! :oops:

So I have a confession and a question.
Several months ago I was sitting at my desk and bored so I started going through the other forums here. I looked into the Community Board and wow! It's a dumpster fire in there! (My opinion). I dumped Facebook around 5 or so years ago and this just brought back memories from those days. Forcing myself away from that one!
That was the confession. The question is, anybody else do that forum?
I used to go to that WDWmagic forum but every one of those boards seemed to be populated with some interesting people who were always angry which is why I looked around and found this place.
My home page is the camping forum and I really enjoying knowing everybody in here.
So there it is! Ha!
Bruh, I only get in trouble (points a few times, unable to post for 30 days another time) because I said some things that "offended".

Dumper fire is good description. I stay here. Folks here don't seem to get their underwear twisted so much.

P.S.
This is why I NEVER got Facebook.

Bruh, I only get in trouble (points a few times, unable to post for 30 days another time) because I said some things that "offended".

Dumper fire is good description. I stay here. Folks here don't seem to get their underwear twisted so much.

P.S.
This is why I NEVER got Facebook.
Have they removed your ankle monitor yet from the last time? Asking for a friend.

It was another hiking weekend. we actually stayed closer to home only a 45 minute drive but did 7.5 miles with 1800 ft of gain. It was a bit crowded but nice to not drive so far.

EF4667EA-8595-45D5-8AC9-18721C4BD2DD.jpeg

we started at coopers furnace.

C17E951C-39E4-41DC-B286-3CB6CA174486.jpeg

then we had a soccer game. Full capacity with 40k people. I was a little scared but am fully vaxxed so went, it was fun and we won at the very end.

Sunday was more urban hiking. Pack with load walking around the city, did 6.5 mile. Then Mallory had a vet appointment. She is doing a lot better.

the weekend is gone and time for another crappy week at work. I do have a workshop so it will take up a lot of my time. Looking forward to the dismeet.

Ok I have ungrounded myself. A few months ago, well more than few, I had to ground myself from posting, and limiting my reading, so I could do some things around the house. Those are mostly done, so I am partially ungrounding myself, and have myself permission to read and post here. I’m still grounded from other fun activities until I am fully caught up. Oh yeah, I’m ungrounded from camping too.

I have still been reading a lot of the posts, so I have heard about a few 5ers going to Class A’s, puppies, remodeling, and elephant statues. I too have an announcement. DS and DDiL are expecting a baby due in early August. DDiL is now in her 3rd Trimester. It’s a girl, and her name is “Emily Amber”. I’m gonna have granddaughter! Yes, this is my first grandchild.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there. DW and I had Cracker Barrel take out. Nothing major, but it was her suggestion, and we both like it.

Now onto posting.
Congratulations on your first grandchild. They completely change your life. We had our first, a grandson last February right before the world shut down for Covid. His name is Archer and his mommy's name is Emily. I've included a couple of pictures. He makes my ❤🙂

Steve575588575589575590

Thanks Kris. I lost my dad this past December. Archer has kept my heart whole through a very difficult time in my life.

Steve
I am sorry for your loss. That is especially difficult in COVID times. Glad Archie was there to help pick you up.

Wait wut? :crazy:

The DIS has other forums than just the Camping Forum? :confused3

This is my safe place too, Don. :cloud9:

:disrocks:

Ed

Yep - I barely utilize the Dis outside of the camping forums. I use a different board that is based on DVC ownership for my more general Disney discussion.

My primary usage of the Dis outside camping has been for Universal Studios planning, as we don't have a lot of experience there and needed some input prior to our April trip.

It seems my trust portable Coleman Grill2Go Advantage has a cracked burner, I really liked this one as it was an open grate grill. However, after much searching and not able to find a new burner, I patched it with some muffler repair paste for now and it might last the season. With that and though it was on my wishlist, we bought my Father's Day gift a little early. We picked up the Blackstone 22" that Walmart had that included the hood, stand and larger propane tank. It will get broken in at the beach next month along with the grill2go.

Bug update - the pendulum swings - We have gone from her walking around pretty well to completely in pain and unable to stand on her fronts. She can swing from one way to the next an minutes and its exhausting. Saturday she responded well to a laser pain therapy treatment plus meds, then by afternoon was showing pain and weakness. Sunday she wanted to chew bones, could move around ok until at some point in the afternoon it changed. Today she is much worse, we went in for another treatment and it doesn't seem to be getting her much relief. I am calling now to see if we can get her a closer appointment of if we need to take her to the emergency vet hospital next door. I just hope something can be done before we have to talk about quality of life and go that path.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter