The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Some unfortunate news for us down here at the beach. DW's family has some medical things going on so we are heading home tomorrow and cutting our stay here short. The week was a great one and we're sorry to see it end.

The weather is high gray clouds and intermittent rain drops this afternoon but we got the EZ Up and all the outside stuff packed up before the rain came. Our dinner plans tonight are for Lulu's (the cancelled/refunded night's camping fees will pay for dinner <fist pump>) and I got some grouper fillets and medium shrimp at Blalock's this today to take home and cook up fresh. And we did have to pick up a light bulb for the car low beams today too.

Thanks for reading along and keep the chit chat going! party:

Ed

Ed, Hope whatever it is with your Dear Sainted Wife's Family is minor We have added her to list of people we talk with GUS about

Some unfortunate news for us down here at the beach. DW's family has some medical things going on so we are heading home tomorrow and cutting our stay here short. The week was a great one and we're sorry to see it end.

The weather is high gray clouds and intermittent rain drops this afternoon but we got the EZ Up and all the outside stuff packed up before the rain came. Our dinner plans tonight are for Lulu's (the cancelled/refunded night's camping fees will pay for dinner <fist pump>) and I got some grouper fillets and medium shrimp at Blalock's this today to take home and cook up fresh. And we did have to pick up a light bulb for the car low beams today too.

Thanks for reading along and keep the chit chat going! party:

Ed

Ed-
Hoping all will turn out to be ok/minor with your DW’s family medical concerns… had similar scare here couple months ago when we couldn’t get in touch with MIL’s sister who lives alone. Found her fallen in apartment (she lived in apartment near D.C.) but fortunately not as bad as it could have been. We now have her up here living with MIL at moment so we know she’s ok, but disconcerting in any case. Our best to you and yours…

Ed-
Hoping all will turn out to be ok/minor with your DW’s family medical concerns… had similar scare here couple months ago when we couldn’t get in touch with MIL’s sister who lives alone. Found her fallen in apartment (she lived in apartment near D.C.) but fortunately not as bad as it could have been. We now have her up here living with MIL at moment so we know she’s ok, but disconcerting in any case. Our best to you and yours…
Just an fyi, if you ever need to check call the local police or fire departments. I probably do 3 welfare checks a month on people. This usally involves breaking in to make sure there is nothing going on. Its not a bother.

Just an fyi, if you ever need to check call the local police or fire departments. I probably do 3 welfare checks a month on people. This usally involves breaking in to make sure there is nothing going on. Its not a bother.
This is what was done in the end… it has happened before that we could not get hold of her (she has not had a landline for YEARS… only had a cell phone and it had gotten lost, but she didn’t try to call collect or contact us any other way). That wellness check was several years ago. This time was also a wellness check and they found her on floor…

Well we are home on Monday afternoon. Thanks for everyone's concern but it's not an emergency situation. Just time marching on.

Our last night in Gulf Shores was fine. Going to church on Sunday morning about 1045am on Hwy 59 (the main north-south line in and out of Gulf Shores) the northbound lanes were filled 3 cars wide (like at Talladega) and the weekenders and folks checking out had to all leave by 11am. Sunday night driving to Lulu's at 6pm on the same route, the road was a ghost town. That's why I love this time of year. Can't fight the weekend crowd but you can avoid them for 48 hours.

I must be getting old because at Sunday dinner at Lulu's, I was bothered by the loud recorded music and the live musician guy we were seated near (when he played, I wished they would put on the recorded music :rolleyes: ).

Old people seem to be bothered by loud noises. Isn't that right @Teamubr? :duck:

DW reverted to form and order her first Shrimp and Grits dish of the trip (one of her favorite dishes) and it looked pretty good.

I went for the "appetizer as an entree" option and took the Pork Nachos (couldn't eat them all but they were great).

We have discussed going back to Gulf Shores for a quick one-night trip (hotel) within the next month since we had to cut this one short. Will see if it comes to happen.

Nice to be home but sure do enjoy the peaceful view across the lake from site #16.

Ed

PS - for those that don't know, Lulu's Restaurant is owned and named for Lucy Buffett, the sister of the Parrot Head King, musician Jimmy Buffett. The kids were born over in Mobile, AL (on the west side of Mobile Bay) but moved over (as many did) to the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay with the family during their childhood. She has always been a restauranteur in the LA (Lower Alabama) area.

And yes, Jimmy has played at her Gulf Shores restaurant when he is on tour in the area or off season but never as Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band. It's always been incognito such as Frankie and the Frogs and a short set at that.

Last edited:
Cool
Well we are home on Monday afternoon. Thanks for everyone's concern but it's not an emergency situation. Just time marching on.

Our last night in Gulf Shores was fine. Going to church on Sunday morning about 1045am on Hwy 59 (the main north-south line in and out of Gulf Shores) the northbound lanes were filled 3 cars wide (like at Talladega) and the weekenders and folks checking out had to all leave by 11am. Sunday night driving to Lulu's at 6pm on the same route, the road was a ghost town. That's why I love this time of year. Can't fight the weekend crowd but you can avoid them for 48 hours.

I must be getting old because at Sunday dinner at Lulu's, I was bothered by the loud recorded music and the live musician guy we were seated near (when he played, I wished they would put on the recorded music :rolleyes: ).

Old people seem to be bothered by loud noises. Isn't that right @Teamubr? :duck:

DW reverted to form and order her first Shrimp and Grits dish of the trip (one of her favorite dishes) and it looked pretty good.

I went for the "appetizer as an entree" option and took the Pork Nachos (couldn't eat them all but they were great).

We have discussed going back to Gulf Shores for a quick one-night trip (hotel) within the next month since we had to cut this one short. Will see if it comes to happen.

Nice to be home but sure do enjoy the peaceful view across the lake from site #16.

Ed

PS - for those that don't know, Lulu's Restaurant is owned and named for Lucy Buffett, the sister of the Parrot Head King, musician Jimmy Buffett. The kids were born over in Mobile, AL (on the west side of Mobile Bay) but moved over (as many did) to the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay with the family during their childhood. She has always been a restauranteur in the LA (Lower Alabama) area.

And yes, Jimmy has played at her Gulf Shores restaurant when he is on tour in the area or off season but never as Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band. It's always been incognito such as Frankie and the Frogs and a short set at that.

Cool Parrothead trivia… thanks for that.

Glad it wasn't an emergency, but sad it disrupted a nice trip. Family comes first.

Not when we take out our hearing aids. What loud noise? :wave2:

j

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter